[MOD][THEME] WhatsApp desktop dark mode

Search This thread
@m4heshd
I was finally able to get it to run by making a really small code change.
at https://github.com/m4heshd/whatsapp-desktop-dark/blob/master/run-darwin.js#L37
I changed the default psargs from 'lx' to 'ax' to get other users' processes as well as your own.
I'm not entirely sure why whatsapp is running under a different user

OMG i never cared about the args because i was always thinking in favor of Windows since WMIC doesn't take args. I'm really glad you brought this to light and able to fix it. It'll be really great if you can open an issue on Github with this issue so maybe i can include this as an update in the next release. Cheers. :good:

sberk

Jan 31, 2014
OMG i never cared about the args because i was always thinking in favor of Windows since WMIC doesn't take args. I'm really glad you brought this to light and able to fix it. It'll be really great if you can open an issue on Github with this issue so maybe i can include this as an update in the next release. Cheers. :good:

Done
Thanks for the mod! looks great!

i installed this mod now and works great

thanks to the developer

check out the attachment

Attachments

• wadark.jpg
    wadark.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 248

tLustej.miCin

Dec 30, 2013
Hi, I am glad I found out about WhatsApp dark theme, however this is what I get - enclosed picture - when trying to apply dark theme.
I had it running before running the script. Ran as admin.
But nothing is happening. Any idea please? :)

Attachments

• whatsapp-dark-mode-error.jpg
    whatsapp-dark-mode-error.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 120
Hi, I am glad I found out about WhatsApp dark theme, however this is what I get - enclosed picture - when trying to apply dark theme.
I had it running before running the script. Ran as admin.
But nothing is happening. Any idea please? :)

Hi @tLustej.miCin,
As mentioned in the documentation, this won't work with the store version of WhatsApp. You need to install the direct downloaded setup version of WhatsApp desktop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this is not related to mobile but thought I'd share this here with everyone.

I've been so sick of the eye burning light colored UI on WhatsApp desktop for so long and decided to come up with a dark mode myself. Here's a screenshot of the result.

Screenshot-small.png

It was very satisfying and thought this is worth sharing. Made a little installer script for both Windows and macOS and published it as an open-source project.
    FYI, this is not a modded version of WhatsApp. It'll just modify the styling of your currently installed build of WhatsApp desktop. It's 100% safe and anybody's welcome to look through the source code and review.

Downloads and Instructions :
    https://github.com/m4heshd/whatsapp-desktop-dark

Please note that this script won't work with microsoft store or app store version of WhatsApp desktop

Enjoy!!! :)
    Release v0.4.315

Hello everyone,

The latest update has been released for WhatsApp v0.4.315. This update contains some major fixes and highly requested features. Highlights would be,
    1. All new GUI Installer
    2. Major styling fixes broken by the update
    3. Theme selection for CLI installer
    4. Added new styling
    5. Added new themes
    Downloads are available here and the complete changelog is available here.

Download the new version and simply rerun the script to apply new updates. :good:
    Release v0.4.930

Hello everyone,

The latest update has been released for WhatsApp v0.4.930. This update contains some major fixes and highly requested features. Highlights would be,
    1. Official dark mode support
    2. Three-way theme switch
    3. Fixed broken styles
    4. Fixed emojis
    Downloads are available here and the complete changelog is available here.

Download the new version and simply rerun the script to apply new updates. :good:
    WADark now supports the official dark mode

As i reported earlier today, Official dark mode is out for WA Desktop.

Good news for WADark users. I've just added support for the official dark theme in the latest source. Please build or re-install from the latest source and try switching between themes using the WADark switch button.

image.png

Anybody's welcome to give it a test drive.. :p
    Thank You so much ... Works perfectly and looks amazing !!!
    Can you remove the white squares around emojis if possible ?

Hi @Liftedcorn,

You're very welcome and thanks for trying this out.
    Unfortunately emojis on the emoji tab are loaded to a canvas from one big JPG with a white background. So it's not fixable at all. I've tried. Really sorry about that.