[MOD][THEME] WhatsApp desktop dark mode

Search This thread
Release v0.3.4678

Hello everybody,

The latest update has been released for WhatsApp v0.3.4678. This update contains some major fixes and highly requested features. Highlights would be,
  1. Auto update check support
  2. Accent color customization support
Downloads are available here and the complete changelog is available here.

Download the new version and simply rerun the script to apply new updates. :good:

meiax93

Hi, thanks @m4heshd for this mod theme.

I running latest WhatsApp desktop version, which is v0.3.4679.
But i try and this is result, so far so good.
dEiSYwh.png

For those maybe asking about accent color customization support, just insert RGB hex value, example from this website (need to select Y for custom accent first)
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/color_value

Here for example
eq4uOvH.png

Keep it up and once again, thank you for you hard work sir.

Last edited:

Liftedcorn

Mar 26, 2018
Nokia 7 Plus
Vivo X70 Pro+

I running latest WhatsApp desktop version, which is v0.3.4679.
But i try and this is result, so far so good.

For those maybe asking about accent color customization support, just insert RGB hex value, example from this website (need to select for custom accent first)
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/color_value

Here for example

How do you insert it ??
It gives no option for insertion hex colour code

Oh okay .. on latest version. Right !
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: AlUrNiMa

You're most welcome and glad you're enjoying it. Does that bright colored title bar bother you? I just opened a poll right here to know whether if people prefer it darker. Give it a vote. I'll be deciding it on next release upon the scores.

meiax93

You're most welcome and glad you're enjoying it. Does that bright colored title bar bother you? I just opened a poll right here to know whether if people prefer it darker. Give it a vote. I'll be deciding it on next release upon the scores.
Quite bother, remind me W10 title bar, i turn off let it dark. xD

I just read your poll and i agree title bar stick to dark much better. ;)

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using XDA Labs

Quite bother, remind me W10 title bar, i turn off let it dark. xD

I just read your poll and i agree title bar stick to dark much better. ;)

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using XDA Labs

Thanks for the input. Keep in touch for an update.

To everyone :
A Telegram group is now open for chat regarding anything related to WhatsApp desktop dark mode.
Join here : https://t.me/wadarkmodechat
Upcoming updates will also be announced there.

Reactions: meiax93

shreyas.kukde

Feb 4, 2011
Pune
Hi.. I am on latest WhatsApp windows version and latest WADark. But there's some issue. The theme is not getting properly applied. Please check the attachment. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling original WA and then retried WADark. But no luck. Wonder what am I missing here :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 260

meiax93

Hi.. I am on latest WhatsApp windows version and latest WADark. But there's some issue. The theme is not getting properly applied. Please check the attachment. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling original WA and then retried WADark. But no luck. Wonder what am I missing here :rolleyes:

Be patient bro. New version WhatsApp brick that mod.

But don't worry, there is new version already counter that official update. Just wait new update this mod. ;)

Release v0.3.4941

Hello everyone,

The latest update has been released for WhatsApp v0.3.4941. This update contains some major fixes and highly requested features. Highlights would be,
  1. Major styling fixes broken by the update
  2. Custom theming support
  3. No more white backgrounds on emojis
  4. Dark/Light mode switch

Download the new version and simply rerun the script to apply new updates. :good:

meiax93

Here latest update looks like.
kMvqndM.png

Like command prompt mention about custom theme, you can edit override.json and insert what you want (customize it!) and save. Make sure it same like original. (i mean don't forget #)

I use Deep Black from here and just change accent to Maroon.
https://github.com/m4heshd/whatsapp-desktop-dark/tree/master/themes

Anyway, thanks sir for fast update and don't forget get a rest after almost 1 day you fix it. :D

* Btw, i want share this mod to my local community, i think they will like it. (of course i attach this thread to them refer or ask any issues they have) Source here: https://www.facebook.com/omghackersofficial/posts/1527760570698437

Last edited:
Reactions: meiax93

sadakli2010

Sep 5, 2010
Detroit, MI
Hello,

First of all, thanks for the dark theme, much appreciated. It was working just fine until Whatsapp updated to the latest version and now I get an error when trying to run the script. I uninstalled and reinstall whatsapp and confirmed I have the latest version of wadark as well. I am also using the Whatsapp version found here https://www.whatsapp.com/download/. I have included a screenshot. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this is not related to mobile but thought I'd share this here with everyone.

I've been so sick of the eye burning light colored UI on WhatsApp desktop for so long and decided to come up with a dark mode myself. Here's a screenshot of the result.

Screenshot-small.png

It was very satisfying and thought this is worth sharing. Made a little installer script for both Windows and macOS and published it as an open-source project.
    FYI, this is not a modded version of WhatsApp. It'll just modify the styling of your currently installed build of WhatsApp desktop. It's 100% safe and anybody's welcome to look through the source code and review.

Downloads and Instructions :
    https://github.com/m4heshd/whatsapp-desktop-dark

Please note that this script won't work with microsoft store or app store version of WhatsApp desktop

Enjoy!!! :)
    Release v0.4.315

Hello everyone,

The latest update has been released for WhatsApp v0.4.315. This update contains some major fixes and highly requested features. Highlights would be,
    1. All new GUI Installer
    2. Major styling fixes broken by the update
    3. Theme selection for CLI installer
    4. Added new styling
    5. Added new themes

Release v0.4.930

Hello everyone,

The latest update has been released for WhatsApp v0.4.930. This update contains some major fixes and highly requested features. Highlights would be,
    1. Official dark mode support
    2. Three-way theme switch
    3. Fixed broken styles
    4. Fixed emojis

WADark now supports the official dark mode

As i reported earlier today, Official dark mode is out for WA Desktop.

Good news for WADark users. I've just added support for the official dark theme in the latest source. Please build or re-install from the latest source and try switching between themes using the WADark switch button.

image.png

Anybody's welcome to give it a test drive.. :p
    Thank You so much ... Works perfectly and looks amazing !!!
    Can you remove the white squares around emojis if possible ?

Hi @Liftedcorn,

You're very welcome and thanks for trying this out.
    Unfortunately emojis on the emoji tab are loaded to a canvas from one big JPG with a white background. So it's not fixable at all. I've tried. Really sorry about that.