[mod]TMOUS APN unlock for tethering

Search This thread

Jimmah555

Jul 27, 2009
Las Vegas
That would also explain why my battery % was lost after flashing it.

I are smart haha

#nooblearning

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

MarlinFF

Oct 31, 2010
Los Angeles
Did they really block tethering on the APN's? Because I'm tethering fine on the epc.t-mobile.com APN that is set by default using CM9..

GROGG88

Feb 15, 2011
Lone Star State
joshuaglenlee.com
this work with sense 4.0?
This is for the official tmous update, or roms based on the official update that contain the stock framework only.

Short answer: no.

Did they really block tethering on the APN's? Because I'm tethering fine on the epc.t-mobile.com APN that is set by default using CM9..

Yes, please read op regarding hidden apns...
Also, they are monitoring from the carrier end and may block you if you use it too much for free...

design12

Mar 29, 2010
Have a question. Do I have to flash this every time I update my rom or is this a one time thing . I'm on elegancia 3.0.0 and wanting to update to 3.1.0 Thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

design12

Mar 29, 2010
This does not apply to elegancia. That's already unlocked with a different framework...
So there's no benefit if I flash this over elegancia? Do I just leave the rom alone then? I installed this mod on elegancia 3.0.0. Sorry for all the questions. Just making sure I got the right setup thanks. :D

arjuna_

Aug 6, 2010
Has anyone used this MOD on Sense MIUI v4? The first time I tried to do it I had a bunch of systemui errors

arjuna_

Aug 6, 2010
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your quick reply. I'm interested in this mod because I was having trouble tethering without the upsell page showing up denying me tethering services even on MIUI v4.

Even the deodexed file that you posted cannot be used on MIUI? Someone had posted that it can be theoretically used on AOSP and AOKP earlier. Is that incorrect?

Zombie Steve Jobs

Feb 16, 2012
Baltimore
Just making sure I have the steps right....

I'm on stock TMOUS ICS...rooted w/ S-Off.

Download odexed version to SD
Factory reset in recovery
Flash .zip
Reboot
Enjoy

???

Thanks !!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

derekny

Mar 27, 2010
APN mod on AHRD 1.2.0

in case anyone using AHRD 1.2.0 had any issues , i figured i post my results.
first i patch deodexed apn mod over my 1.2.0 with my mods installed & fact. reset- it was shutting phone down , ie. it would boot up then screen would go black un responsive and had to battery pull.
Then with support from GROGG88 (thanx) i re-flashed 1.2.0 no mods , patched deodexed apn fix, fact. reset- then installed my mods,- custom lockring, beats mod, 4X5 Rosie workspace, Volume to wake.
All is working flawlessly wifi tethering without tmo pay up prompt:victory:

just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Reactions: GROGG88

valefour

Sep 18, 2011
Sorry if this dumb question, I understand steps but "factory reset" in recovery(4ext) or bootloader(I believe there's an option here too, right?)?

GuerillaTech

Mar 15, 2012
Just thought i'd let you guys know that if you superwipe and reinstall your rom for one reason or another, you can just install the apn fix before first boot and you won't need to factory reset.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Sorry if this dumb question, I understand steps but "factory reset" in recovery(4ext) or bootloader(I believe there's an option here too, right?)?

Both options lead to the same place. (which is 4ext) :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gone fishing...
    whats the difference between your MOD and the APN unlock already built-in to a few ROMs, I see that you plainly elaborated the NO, they are not the same, but was unwilling to further distinguish them in the elegancia thread.

If happen to have a moment, I would greatly appreciate any information your willing to discuss on your own thread.

EDIT: Originally Posted by design12
    I know that elegancia 3.0.0 has unlocked APN but is it it the same as this mod? http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1691633 This one supposedly patches hidden apns upon reboot for tethering... Just curious. Thanks

that's the post that has prompted my curiosity.

I will gladly discuss it here... Both Elegancia 3.0.0 and version B of my rom are using resources from 3.32.401.105 in order to achieve two functions:

1. Unlock APNs

2. Provide leedroid tweak compatibility

The only problem with this is the fact that they are no longer "true tmous builds". I refer to them as "franken-builds"... I have not gone through all the differences between framework-res, systemui, framework.jar, services.jar, etc... but I can tell you that certain small bugs have been reported with the xe build that others have reported as fixed in the official tmous version.

The APNs are written to apns.xml within the framework-res.apk. This is why we used XE components to unlock the APNs at first. You can distinguish what roms are built this way by the framework version:

TMOUS: 20120412.202737

XE: 20120321.232857

My unlocking mod is the stock TMOUS framework-res.apk, but it has the apns.xml from XE. This ensures that the rest of the rom stays in tact and that no bugs will be induced by mixed resources... I've also included this mod as an option during install on version A of my rom. :)
    Just thought i'd let you guys know that if you superwipe and reinstall your rom for one reason or another, you can just install the apn fix before first boot and you won't need to factory reset.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Both options lead to the same place. (which is 4ext) :)
    These won't work on any other ROM besides stock and steve0007's roms?

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk

GROGG can post to tell for sure but the deodexed version is for custom ROMs so in theory it should work on AOSP and AOKP ROMS as well. A stock ROM will be odexed, but custom ROMs are usually deodexed.
    These won't work on any other ROM besides stock and steve0007's roms?

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk

The odexed version will work on a factory 3.32.531.14 rom. It will also work on any stock based rom that are NOT deodexed (I don't know of any).

The deodexed version will work on any deodexed factory based 3.32.531.14 rom. This will include Steve0007's deodexed stock rom, and it should also work on ARHD 1.1/1.2... It could also work on others, but if any mods or themes have been applied to the framework it will wipe them out!

I have submitted this for the add-on section of ARHD...