• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[MOD][TMOUS]Wi-Fi Calling Patch - Rip from Official TMO ICS 05.15.12[SENSE][AOSP/CM9]

Search This thread

t0ny0

Jul 1, 2008
Atlanta, GA
www.geekmein.com
Don't think it's the kernel. MMS works because it switches back to the mobile network when sending it. There's just some line missing for the proper hand off.

Yeah maybe that too... Ive been trying and trying and trying... I am getting really irritated now haha :D

Edit:
Found something interesting. Find logcat HERE
It does show that it has issues switching between cell and wificalling ....

Edit 2:
I think its a kernel issue, as its trying to connect to gannet0 - and gannet0 is ... not around :D I was reading around - its needs to be added to the kernel somehow. So from now on - this is a job for the kernel developers. Too bad that faux is really not playing with the sensation :/

Last edited:

aNYthing24

May 25, 2011
NYC
Hm I dunno, you can ask intervigilium about it cause he did a lot of the kernel work as well.

By the way, does WiFi Calling randomly keep using your CPU? I don't even have it turned on and it's used my CPU for an hour.

ibffA0Ia954Ba.png

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
When wifi calling is enabled is mms messages supposed to switch back to the mobile network when sending? On older Android roms it did not. Like my sisters stock Samsung phone from t mobile does not switch back to mobile network for mms messages.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

t0ny0

Jul 1, 2008
Atlanta, GA
www.geekmein.com
When wifi calling is enabled is mms messages supposed to switch back to the mobile network when sending? On older Android roms it did not. Like my sisters stock Samsung phone from t mobile does not switch back to mobile network for mms messages.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

It actually does. It just doesnt show that it does, so it makes you feel that you dont depend on 3g network :)

Sent from my Sensation 4G, that is finally running CM9, using Tapatalk.

Reactions: kylew1212

t0ny0

Jul 1, 2008
Atlanta, GA
www.geekmein.com
Hm I dunno, you can ask intervigilium about it cause he did a lot of the kernel work as well.

By the way, does WiFi Calling randomly keep using your CPU? I don't even have it turned on and it's used my CPU for an hour.

ibffA0Ia954Ba.png

I remember something with gb that if its off - its using more juice than when its on and working :) mine is always on when at home, and when im out - i just turn off wifi and it seems OK. Might wanna try that

marcjw

Mar 30, 2011
suburban St. Paul, MN
Makes sense, I did look in the vision device tree from gingerbread and that line for build.prop was not needed. Maybe all that is needed is the GanOptimizer apk

I just tried this version (with the GanOptimizer.apk) and it didn't work well for me at all. I would make or receive a call but when holding the phone up to my ear to talk the wifi calling app would quit after a moment or two and the call would (obviously) drop.

I wonder if my slightly dated 0518 nightly could be the issue?

t0ny0

Jul 1, 2008
Atlanta, GA
www.geekmein.com
I just tried this version (with the GanOptimizer.apk) and it didn't work well for me at all. I would make or receive a call but when holding the phone up to my ear to talk the wifi calling app would quit after a moment or two and the call would (obviously) drop.

I wonder if my slightly dated 0518 nightly could be the issue?

Did you follow my instructions?

marcjw

Mar 30, 2011
suburban St. Paul, MN
See my signature :) i got a link there

Ah, much better.

There was a post from you a couple pages back complimenting Punisher for finding something important. Thinking that was my ticket I used the zip from Punisher's link as my wifi installer. That's the one that eventually didn't work for me. After going back to your instructional post and installing both of those zips (in your method 2) things are working quite nicely, it seems. Thanks.

t0ny0

Jul 1, 2008
Atlanta, GA
www.geekmein.com
Ah, much better.

There was a post from you a couple pages back complimenting Punisher for finding something important. Thinking that was my ticket I used the zip from Punisher's link as my wifi installer. That's the one that eventually didn't work for me. After going back to your instructional post and installing both of those zips (in your method 2) things are working quite nicely, it seems. Thanks.

No problem :) hopefully soon we will have mms working too :)

pimpmaneaton

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2010
West Jordan UT
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
No problem :) hopefully soon we will have mms working too :)

Hey just curious. Does the person on the other end of the line have a hard time hearing/understanding you when using wifi calling. Seems to be an issue on mine atm.

Launched from one mean machine hopped up on some AOKP!!

Sorry if this has been beat into the ground but I'm at work and have to get back quick so no time to search. Question is, if I flash this I'll lose ability to send MMS messages? I know it says MMS working testing on OrDroid but I am running CM9 so wondering if it all works for that. Thanks in advance and again sorry!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

Last edited:

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
Sorry if this has been beat into the ground but I'm at work and have to get back quick so no time to search. Question is, if I flash this I'll lose ability to send MMS messages? I know it says MMS working testing on OrDroid but I am running CM9 so wondering if it all works for that. Thanks in advance and again sorry!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA
No mms doesn't work using the aosp wifi calling zip

Reactions: pettigrew95

t0ny0

Jul 1, 2008
Atlanta, GA
www.geekmein.com
MMS not working is the show-stopper for me here...glad to know it's working though as intended!

You can set the message app not to download mms automatically and turn wifi calling on. It will let you know when you get a mms and you can turn wifi calling off, download the mms, and turn it back on. Thats my workaround till its fully fixed :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the long-awaited Wifi-Calling app for Tmobile native for Ice Cream Sandwich

TO BE CLEAR: This is only for HTC SENSATION, not Vibrant, other Tmous android phones, etc.

Tested on Ordroid 5.0.0 - Calling works, volume works, texts/mms works, everything works!

You may need to delete Tmo Wifi Calling if you already have it installed.

DIRECTIONS:
    Remove any instances of WiFi calling in System/Apps.
    Reboot to Recovery
    Clear cache/dalvik
    Install the zip via recovery (CRM or 4ext)

Update: Added AOSP version

Credits:
    casper200519 - basically replaced the files within his zip
    Aright,

After I tested - I found that maybe it worked for you, but it didnt for me. So I made it :D

1st NOTE - Please make a Nandroid backup instead something happens to your ROM.
    2nd NOTE - I am not responsible if your phone gets the clap. Sorry :/
    3rd NOTE - As of right now - MMS does NOT work.​

Now, here are the two ways to install:

1st way​
    Boot into recovery and flash the VisionWifiCallingv1.2_Android4.x.x.zip in recovery and reboot.
    If you are stuck in "reading SIM" or "enabling" and not getting anywhere for over a minute - its time to try the second way.

2nd way​
    Boot to recovery and flash WifiCallingICSAOSP.zip . After its done - flash VisionWifiCallingv1.2_Android4.x.x.zip. After its done - reboot and voila - you have a fully working wifi calling (no MMS for now... sorry)

All credit goes to: bigmoew, EdKeys and everyone else involved.
    I have a thread started in the HTC ONE X section. Any chance I can get some of your help on it there? I feel a port from the HTC ONE S TMOBILE should work but I don't know whats involved.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1694428

please?

I own a Sensation and ONE X & S
    I'm using AOKP M6 ROM and then I've flashed the WifiCallingICSAOSP.zip and then the VisionWifiCalling zip that was referenced for AOKP. I read that this was necessary to make it work. Actually, its just the GANOptimizer APK from the vision file thats required, but that's what I flashed. What did you use on your AOKP install?

I'm also using AOKP M6 based rom and I use my different wifi_calling and everything works like it should. I don't use the one from tonyo as it installs lots of unnecessary lib files that was for vision but it should still work. If you want to try mine you can, the link is below. If you still have problem then it might be something else wrong somewhere. You can try fresh install the rom and then the wifi_calling from the link below. Hope this helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vd7icw712twt2cd

\Regards,
    Guys, I switched to a nonsense sense based rom, just so I can use wifi calling and I can not go back to CM9, because am expecting an important call.

Can someone, who is running CM9/AOKP test the zip that I have attached to this post? For some reason I am thinking that it might be working just fine...

Also, please do not forget to do a nandroid backup!!!! Cause if it messes your rom - you can simply restore back and not hate me :D

Thanks for your help! I took it from here. If it works - all props go to EdKeys for making it :D