• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD] TreDots: Overlay Menu on Note 3 [N9005-N900][Lollipop]

Search This thread

PsychicJian

Feb 1, 2010
TREDOTS
OVERLAY MENU SU NOTE 3 LOLLIPOP

Hi all,
I just developed the ability to enter the famous Overlay Menu on our Note 3: in practice, it is to be able to have the menu options in each app screen, without going through the Hardware menu.

KNOX A 0X1!
I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED

Required
  • Recovery (TWRP / CWM / etc)
  • Root
  • Busybox

Files

(the files Generic.ki modify your hardware keys making them like S5: left button -> App Switch - press center button -> user's choice)

Install
  • Download on your phone's memory (internal or external) the three required files
  • Using Root Explorer (or similar) to move the files Generic.kl in the / system / usr / keylayout (overwriting the previous)
  • Reboot into recovery and install the Framework and the app modified (clear the cache)
  • Restart your phone normally and clear, if the app clock error, cache of the app.

You must perform the steps in this order, otherwise you can have a bootloop!

Screenshot

Revert Files:

PLEASE, BEFORE YOU DEPLOY THE PACKAGE, CONTACT ME.
THANKS!

Thanks to:
@AlandEr0301 for modified apps.
@NimeniAltu for info about 3 dot menu

Last edited:

filchi756

Sep 29, 2010
Tarlac city
I think it much better if you also add a guide on how and which parameters to edit?For the clock and dialer I mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: antt00

filchi756

Sep 29, 2010
Tarlac city
Clock and Dialer it's a simple port from S5 app. I can add a little guide on how to edit framework - res and Generic.ki

I thought you modified the clock and dialer app.Anyway thanks again mate.This is the one I modified in framework-res.apk " <bool name="config_DisableHWKeyOptionMenu">false</bool> " .I change it to true. Is it the same in yours or there are other?

PsychicJian

Feb 1, 2010
I thought you modified the clock and dialer app.Anyway thanks again mate.This is the one I modified in framework-res.apk " <bool name="config_DisableHWKeyOptionMenu">false</bool> " .I change it to true. Is it the same in yours or there are other?

No, i've only mod this line and in Generic.kl i've mod key n. 139 and 254.

Top Liked Posts