[MOD] [UNIFIED] [OOS4.x] [OB12/OB3] H2O2 Reborn - New Accent Colors

Should I replace the white accent color in dark mode?

• No, Let it be there. I can live with minor bugs

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Replace with Deep Red

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Replace with Yellow

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ungeeked

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi-NCR
Introduction
For OB13 and above, go here
https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/themes/ozone-substratum-module-to-add-accent-t3582317

I'm sure everyone must have noticed current Open Betas are heavily inspired by Hydrogen OS. OnePlus is gradually moving away from the clean and aesthetically pleasing OOS. H2O2 changes that. It is an attempt to bring little things from Oxygen MM to OOS N ROMS

Features
- New accent colors in Light Theme: Wine, Navy Blue, Green (the default color in OOS 3.2.8)
- New accent colors in Dark Theme: White, Red, Lime, Mint, Orange (from OOS 3.2.8)
- Removed network status indicators - the blinking arrows in status bar from pre-kitkat era
- Settings actionbar and Primary color changed to pixel grey
- Added center clock and AM/PM options (OOS 4.1.0 and above only)
(screenshots in attachment)

Installation
1. Make nandroid before you flash this.
2. Download the zip and flash it.
3. Hit thanks and enjoy

For reporting bugs, please attach screenshots if possible

Compatibility​
H2O2 Reborn V2 - For OOS 4.1.0
H2O2 Reborn V1 - For OB12
H2O2 403 - For OOS 4.0.3

Issues?​
I didn't have any bootloops without root so it doesn't seem to be necessary. However for some people, rooting fixed the issue. You can unroot later.
Starting with version 3.5, I have made some improvements in installer to avoid. If you still face bootloop, For anyone experiencing bootloops, please provide the following info
1) F2Fs or ext4
2) Encrypted or not
3) Rooted or not
To fix bootloops, dirty flash ROM

Downloads
H2O2 Reborn V2.5 LINK [for OOS 4.1.0]
H2O2 Reborn V1 LINK [for OB12/OB3]
-------------
REVERT
For OB12/OB3 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862707775
For OOS 4.1.0 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634756250
-------------
Old versions

H2O2 Reborn V2 LINK [for OOS 4.1.0]
H2O2 403 LINK [for OOS 4.0.3)
H2O2_v5.0 Download - For OOS 4.0.1
H2O2_v4.6 download - For OOS 4.0.1
H2O2_v4.5 download - For OOS 4.0
H2O2_v3.5 download - For OB10
[H2O2_v4.0 download - For OOS 4.0
H202_v3.0 download - For OB10
H2O2_v2.0 download - For OB9

Credits
@fahadali2315 for Center clock mod and all the help
@amarullz for AROMA installer
@Ayush Singh for AROMA guide
@Humble Potato II for AROMA theme
@Ticklefish for his exceptional guides on xml editing
XDA and Oneplus community
To anyone that I have missed here

Last edited:

phanipk

Jan 19, 2013
Not working.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161208-110429.png
    Screenshot_20161208-110429.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 6,671
Reactions: ungeeked

digiboy1

Aug 8, 2013
If you hadn't removed the network status indicators, I would have flashed this right away. . .
White accent colour is needed for the dark theme. The quick tile buttons don't look classy in other colours.

Is it possible to make a flashable zip with just accent colour changes? Or can you guide me on how did you do this?

lombyzgz

Dec 12, 2010
Nice work!!! Thanks!!!
4137d4754e493e4c3eca4ffa0b1b951f.jpg

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

ungeeked

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi-NCR
If you hadn't removed the network status indicators, I would have flashed this right away. . .
White accent colour is needed for the dark theme. The quick tile buttons don't look classy in other colours.

Is it possible to make a flashable zip with just accent colour changes? Or can you guide me on how did you do this?

Remove OPSystemUI folder inside System/priv-app from the zip. Don't extract, just delete and then flash. This would keep network status indicators intact.

I'll try to use Aroma soon to make certain things optional.

ungeeked

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi-NCR
Work nice!! Thanks!

Glad you like it

----------------------------

I'd need feedback on any remaining grammatical errors.

Next build will have a yellow color option in dark mode instead of purple. What do you guys think about remaining accent colors

lombyzgz

Dec 12, 2010
Its posible add acent colours in default theme?
Sorry for my english...

samisharora

Mar 1, 2015
New Delhi
Great work! One of the reasons i came back to 3.2.8 from Open beta was the whitish default theme and the accent colors. Your work should solve this now. Thanks :)

Suggestion for upcoming build - Is it possible to handle installation of tweaks. Like if i only want accent color change and not rest of your tweaks from the package!

ungeeked

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi-NCR
Great work! One of the reasons i came back to 3.2.8 from Open beta was the whitish default theme and the accent colors. Your work should solve this now. Thanks :)

Suggestion for upcoming build - Is it possible to handle installation of tweaks. Like if i only want accent color change and not rest of your tweaks from the package!

Right now if you remove OPSystemUI folder from my zip, it will have the same effect. The other two are for translation fix in manage center and accent colors.

I'm will bring aroma installer soon™

ungeeked

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi-NCR
Update (8/12/16) - Beta_0.8

Changelog:
- Default system color is all themes is now Pixel blue instead of Oneplus blue (looks dope)
- Fixed Settings > Data Usage showing different colors when custom accent colors are applied
- Added a new color "Yellow" in Dark mode

Downloads in #1 post

------------------

This version, although beta shouldn't have any bugs. But if you find them out, I'll be happy to squash them.

I have added instructions to customise the installation in OP. Do you guys still need Aroma?

Also give feedback on pixel blue compared to original blue.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction
    For OB13 and above, go here
    https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/themes/ozone-substratum-module-to-add-accent-t3582317

I'm sure everyone must have noticed current Open Betas are heavily inspired by Hydrogen OS. OnePlus is gradually moving away from the clean and aesthetically pleasing OOS. H2O2 changes that. It is an attempt to bring little things from Oxygen MM to OOS N ROMS

Features
    - New accent colors in Light Theme: Wine, Navy Blue, Green (the default color in OOS 3.2.8)
    - New accent colors in Dark Theme: White, Red, Lime, Mint, Orange (from OOS 3.2.8)
    - Removed network status indicators - the blinking arrows in status bar from pre-kitkat era
    - Settings actionbar and Primary color changed to pixel grey
    - Added center clock and AM/PM options (OOS 4.1.0 and above only)
    (screenshots in attachment)

Installation
    1. Make nandroid before you flash this.
    2. Download the zip and flash it.
    3. Hit thanks and enjoy

For reporting bugs, please attach screenshots if possible

Compatibility​
    H2O2 Reborn V2 - For OOS 4.1.0
    H2O2 Reborn V1 - For OB12
    H2O2 403 - For OOS 4.0.3

Issues?​
    I didn't have any bootloops without root so it doesn't seem to be necessary. However for some people, rooting fixed the issue. You can unroot later.
    Starting with version 3.5, I have made some improvements in installer to avoid. If you still face bootloop, For anyone experiencing bootloops, please provide the following info
    1) F2Fs or ext4
    2) Encrypted or not
    3) Rooted or not
    To fix bootloops, dirty flash ROM

Downloads
    H2O2 Reborn V2.5 LINK [for OOS 4.1.0]
    H2O2 Reborn V1 LINK [for OB12/OB3]
    -------------
    REVERT
    For OB12/OB3 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862707775
    For OOS 4.1.0 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634756250
    -------------
    Old versions

H2O2 Reborn V2 LINK [for OOS 4.1.0]
    H2O2 403 LINK [for OOS 4.0.3)
    H2O2_v5.0 Download - For OOS 4.0.1
    H2O2_v4.6 download - For OOS 4.0.1
    H2O2_v4.5 download - For OOS 4.0
    H2O2_v3.5 download - For OB10
    [H2O2_v4.0 download - For OOS 4.0
    H202_v3.0 download - For OB10
    H2O2_v2.0 download - For OB9

Credits
    @fahadali2315 for Center clock mod and all the help
    @amarullz for AROMA installer
    @Ayush Singh for AROMA guide
    @Humble Potato II for AROMA theme
    @Ticklefish for his exceptional guides on xml editing
    XDA and Oneplus community
    To anyone that I have missed here
    Due to some unforeseen personal circumstances, I won't be able to give any more updates to this mod anymore.

My work is entirely open so anyone interested in taking forward this mod can do so. Thanks everyone for your support.
    Update v5.0

Changelog
    - Transparent Quick Settings: Currently this is not optional. Means whichever combination of options you choose, you will get transparent QS tiles. In test1.zip I uploaded, the transparency was 30% in all accents. In v5.0 The default theme continues to have 30% transparency but I've changed color to black from grey. In dark mode, transparency has been reduced to 25%.

- Dark notifications: This feature is in beta. Currently ambient screen notifications are not properly displayed while using this. Certain apps may also have issues. Like GMail notification are missing subject line. This is because app notifications are themed according to stock android look. To fix gmail or other 3rd party apps, substratum and theme that particular app only using a dark theme. ModernUI theme worked for me for fixing subject line. Alsthough it isn't a big issue.

- Changed the settings grey actionbar color to a more pleasing one.

- OPLauncher has been removed from mod. Because I believe 90% of people use Nova. For the 10%, themed OP launcher with proper accent colors will be available as a separate download. This was done to keep the mod size under 100MB

------------------------------------------------------
    I have tested everything as extensively as possible. Some issues however still creep in when modifying core system files. Report if you find anything and I'll try to fix them.

SystemUI mods are interchangeable/reversible by flashing the mod.zip itself. For ex, if you want to remove/ restore status indicators or change clock styles. Transparent QS is also a systemUI mod but currently can only be reversed by flashing revert.zip

Why is transparent QS not optional?
    Currently I'm having 16 variations of systemUI inside the mod. Making QS optional will bump this number up to 32. This is not an ideal solution. I'm looking for workarounds. Till then, if you absolutely hate transparent QS, remain on version 4.6

Questions about adding more clock styles will be ignored Already gave a detailed explanation

Launcher and revert.zip for OOS 4.0.1 will be uploaded within next 1 hour.
    Cheers. Don't forget to hit the tanks button and do give feedback
    UPDATE - H2O2 Reborn V1 - For OB12/OB3

As you guys know, I took a personal break but now I'm back. I have been trying to fix accent colors in OB12for last 3 days but due to some new security measures, any sort of modification was giving me bootloop. Finally have overcome all issues, big thanks to Thyrus from TBO apps

Changelog:
    - A couple of new accents like orange and mint
    - Dark theme QS tiles background changed to pitch black
    - Primary android color is now pixel grey instead of usual blue grey in OOS
    - Removed network status indicators (if you want to preserve them, make a copy of OPSystemUI.apk before flashing and copy it back after flashing)

AROMA may come in future once i get this mod working with VR Theme
    Will upload revert zip later. For now, dirty flash rom to revert.

Download link in OP
    Some news. Finally I have a working VRTheme template and it is great. Just need to integrate it in aroma. What this means for you guys ?
    - smaller download sizes
    - a few more clock options (ampm/days)
    - full aroma customisation
    - qs background will be customisable (will make a seperate thread for it. Those who didn't like pictures as background, you can also set a transparent png as background. Lots of possibilities)

Some stuff I may or may not add
    - customisable headers
    - rounded recents