[MOD] [Universal] 02/26/11 CM7 GB Stock Launcher / CM7 GB Mod 3.0

Search This thread

frank707

May 7, 2009
The Cyanogenmod team has made great progress on the Nexus S. This patch is intended to keep the look and feel of stock gingerbread on the nexus s, while not altering any of the core features for Cyanogenmod 7. The "CM7 GB Stock Launcher" only replaces the ADW launcher for the Stock GB Launcher2.apk. While the "CM 7 GB MOD" removes cm apps, installs gapps 20110120, updated market gapps, mircobes live wallpapers, and the stock gb launcher2.apk.

** Universal Patch For ALL OFFICIAL CM 7 BUILDS **

CM7 GB Stock Launcher [MediaFire] - CM7GBStockLauncher.zip
[removes adw launcher; installs stock gingerbread launcher2.apk;]

CM7 GB Mod 3.0 [MediaFire] - CM7GBMod3.zip
[removes cm7apps; installs gapps 20110120; latest market gapps; stock gb launcher2.apk; microbes livewallpaper;]

[Optional] CM 7 Theme Manager [MediaFire]: CM7RC1ThemeManager.zip
[installs CM7 theme manager; androidian theme; cyanbread theme;]

[Optional] EXT4 Tune Up [MediaFire]: Ext4TuneUp.zip
[init.d script @ boot; ext4 speed i/o w/ safe mount [supercurio];]

CM7 Mod 3.0 Change Log:

Adds:
+ Gapps 20110120 Installation
+ Microbes Live Wallpaper
+ CarHome [v. 2.2.1]
+ Gmail [v. 2.3.2]
+ Google Voice [v. 0.4.2.13]
+ Launcher (Stock GB) [v. 2.3]
+ Map [v. 5.1.0]
+ Market [2.3.3.]
+ Gmail [2.3.4.1]
+ Rom Manager [3.0.1.0]
+ Superuser [2.3.6.1]
+ Street View [v. 1.6.0.6]
+ Super User [v. 2.3.6.1]
+ Voice Search [v. 2.1.1]
+ You Tube [v. 2.1.6]

Removes:
- ADWLauncher.apk [available on android market]
- Androidian.apk [theme]
- CMWallpapers.apk
- Cyanbread.apk [theme]
- Development.apk [available on android market]
- DSPManager.apk
- FileManager.apk [available on android market]
- Provision.apk
- Protips.apk
- SoundRecorder.apk
- SpareParts.apk [available on android market]
- ThemeChooser.apk [theme]
- ThemeManager.apk [theme]

Installation:
[THIS MOD NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED IMMEDIATELY AFTER "EVERY" CM 7.x.x INSTALL/UPGRADE/UPDATE. ANY NEXUS S CM 7.x.x INSTALLATION WILL REVERT YOU BACK TO DEFAULT CM SETUP W/ADW LAUNCHER]

1 - Download Mod
2 - Reboot Recovery
3 - Install Cyanogenmod 7.X.X
4 - Install Mod
5 - Reboot

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 10,702
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 4,531
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 4,091
Last edited:

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Thanks for the great theme. Anyway to include a version a that also runs supercurios script too? I'm not too experienced at running scripts.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

alturismo

Aug 2, 2008
May i ask when running mod b will i loose all my data on internal memory?

I know it wont be accessable anymore as USB drive

frank707

May 7, 2009
May i ask when running mod b will i loose all my data on internal memory?

I know it wont be accessable anymore as USB drive

The script is just a tweak it doesn't alter your data or partition.

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Thanks jlevy, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I love everything cm except adw. The problem with the b with the script means I have to give up all the cm stuff just to get that on a zippable script. Just wondering if you can make that either as an option with mod a or as a standalone.

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Thanks jlevy, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I love everything cm except adw. The problem with the b with the script means I have to give up all the cm stuff just to get that on a zippable script. Just wondering if you can make that either as an option with mod a or as a standalone.

Yeah, including it in Mod A would be nice

frank707

May 7, 2009
I have attached an update.zip file for installing the script that automatically runs supercurio's ext 4 tweak on every boot. The script was one i pulled from i believe either the bionix or modaco rom, seems to run great on CM 7. Please note that anyone who is currently running either the bionix / modaco rom, or any of the trinity kernels, that this script is also include in those installations, so this file would not be necessary. Enjoy!

Attachments

• ext4tweak.zip
    189.4 KB · Views: 255

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I have attached an update.zip file for installing the script that automatically runs supercurio's ext 4 tweak on every boot. The script was one i pulled from i believe either the bionix or modaco rom, seems to run great on CM 7. Please note that anyone who is currently running either the bionix / modaco rom, or any of the trinity kernels, that this script is also include in those installations, so this file would not be necessary. Enjoy!

Thanks for the zip

mejorguille

Dec 14, 2009
Florida
Any chance you could remove the device check and make it device agnostic? I do this on every CM7 nightly with root explorer. The only thing I'm not sure about the the i/o script, but the g2 uses ext4 as well so it might work.

Sent from my CM7 G2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Cyanogenmod team has made great progress on the Nexus S. This patch is intended to keep the look and feel of stock gingerbread on the nexus s, while not altering any of the core features for Cyanogenmod 7. The "CM7 GB Stock Launcher" only replaces the ADW launcher for the Stock GB Launcher2.apk. While the "CM 7 GB MOD" removes cm apps, installs gapps 20110120, updated market gapps, mircobes live wallpapers, and the stock gb launcher2.apk.

** Universal Patch For ALL OFFICIAL CM 7 BUILDS **

CM7 GB Stock Launcher [MediaFire] - CM7GBStockLauncher.zip
    [removes adw launcher; installs stock gingerbread launcher2.apk;]

CM7 GB Mod 3.0 [MediaFire] - CM7GBMod3.zip
    [removes cm7apps; installs gapps 20110120; latest market gapps; stock gb launcher2.apk; microbes livewallpaper;]

[Optional] CM 7 Theme Manager [MediaFire]: CM7RC1ThemeManager.zip
    [installs CM7 theme manager; androidian theme; cyanbread theme;]

[Optional] EXT4 Tune Up [MediaFire]: Ext4TuneUp.zip
    [init.d script @ boot; ext4 speed i/o w/ safe mount [supercurio];]

CM7 Mod 3.0 Change Log:

Adds:
    + Gapps 20110120 Installation
    + Microbes Live Wallpaper
    + CarHome [v. 2.2.1]
    + Gmail [v. 2.3.2]
    + Google Voice [v. 0.4.2.13]
    + Launcher (Stock GB) [v. 2.3]
    + Map [v. 5.1.0]
    + Market [2.3.3.]
    + Gmail [2.3.4.1]
    + Rom Manager [3.0.1.0]
    + Superuser [2.3.6.1]
    + Street View [v. 1.6.0.6]
    + Super User [v. 2.3.6.1]
    + Voice Search [v. 2.1.1]
    + You Tube [v. 2.1.6]

Removes:
    - ADWLauncher.apk [available on android market]
    - Androidian.apk [theme]
    - CMWallpapers.apk
    - Cyanbread.apk [theme]
    - Development.apk [available on android market]
    - DSPManager.apk
    - FileManager.apk [available on android market]
    - Provision.apk
    - Protips.apk
    - SoundRecorder.apk
    - SpareParts.apk [available on android market]
    - ThemeChooser.apk [theme]
    - ThemeManager.apk [theme]

Installation:
    [THIS MOD NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED IMMEDIATELY AFTER "EVERY" CM 7.x.x INSTALL/UPGRADE/UPDATE. ANY NEXUS S CM 7.x.x INSTALLATION WILL REVERT YOU BACK TO DEFAULT CM SETUP W/ADW LAUNCHER]

1 - Download Mod
    2 - Reboot Recovery
    3 - Install Cyanogenmod 7.X.X
    4 - Install Mod
    5 - Reboot
    i really dont want to have to arrange my homescreen over and over again when i update CM7 nightlies, so when i flash the StockLauncher only zip after updating the nightly, will my homescreen stay the same, or will it go back to default?

after installing the nightly, dont reboot.

go to advanced > reboot recovery. then install the mod. It'll save your homescreen locations.
    I downloaded and applied mod B straight after flashing the latest cm7 nightly. I was hoping to then download car home from the market however though I followed these steps car home will not launch - any ideas ?

Other than that I'm happy with this cm7 mod - keep up the good work

You can try installing gapps after mod b, car home is included in the gaps for gingerbread download. I recommend using the one that is available for download through rom manager. I believe it is 01-15-2011. Let me know if that works out. I had the same issue installing car home from market, may just not be gingerbread friendly version on the market.
    how can i use back theme chooser? really love that thing to be on stock launcher
    The ext4 tune up script runs at boot on systems that support init.d start up scripts. It doesn't alter your system partition in anyway, the nexus comes stock with ext4 partition. This script simply mounts the partition using supercurios I/O tweaks.

It really only benefits those on cm7 with stock kernel because as with most mod kernels this is script is either included or incorporated into the kernel.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk