[MOD] Unrestricted Tethering NJ7 (bluetooth added 10-29)

Search This thread

jimmydene84

Oct 18, 2010
Oklahoma City
Here ya go guys, as it states UNRESTRICTED TETHERING! Flash in TWRP.... tested and working

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001603404

Enjoy :good:

What this is/does:
If you have tethering on your plan already, this routs the data through your normal mobile data allowance NOT tethering allowance. Can tether beyond your 2, 3, 10gb allowance without issue.

What this ISNT/DOESNT
This will not magically let you have unlimited tethering data if your plan isnt unlimited already. It does absolutely nothing for throttling. If you only have 3gb of high speed data and you blow through it in an hr tethering, you will be throttled. no one can do anything about that besides TMO.

TROUBLESHOOTING

This has been confirmed working on every ROM out right now that doesnt already have it built in. The APN has already been changed by me, no need to try to go and edit it, If you have issues with it not connecting, transmitting/receiving data go into settings/more networks/mobile networks/access point names then click T-mobile US LTE (fast.t-mobile.com) IT WILL RESET AND ALL ISSUES SHOULD BE RESOLVED.

If you need/use BLUETOOTH TETHERING here it is
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001603996 --> THIS IS ONLY AN ADDON TO FULL MOD! WILL ONLY WORK AFTER FLASHING INITIAL TETHERING FROM ABOVE

thanks to @jovy for the awesome write up

Attachments

• goodtether.jpg
    goodtether.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 5,883
Last edited:

ndtemple417

Mar 29, 2010
so just to be clear this patches my stock tethering so i can tether beyond my 3gb of tethering data and instead counts it as mobile data if so im flashing this thanks for everyone that was involved

Last edited:

jimmydene84

Oct 18, 2010
Oklahoma City
so just to be clear this patches my stock tethering so i can tether beyond my 3gb of tethering data and instead counts it as mobile data if so im flashing this thanks for everyone that was involved

I don't have tethering on my plan so can't test 100% positive, but yes...that's what should happen. Flash, tether for a bit and see if it counts towards tether or just plain data

Sent from my SM-N910T using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Reactions: VeNuMuS

thealbundy

Oct 11, 2014
I don't have tethering on my plan so can't test 100% positive, but yes...that's what should happen. Flash, tether for a bit and see if it counts towards tether or just plain data

OK. ..just to make sure I did this right I flashed via twrp, rebooted, turned on tmo tethering, tethered. My data increased via the my acct app. Am I doing this right? I'm on stock deodexed rom

jimmydene84

Oct 18, 2010
Oklahoma City
OK. ..just to make sure I did this right I flashed via twrp, rebooted, turned on tmo tethering, tethered. My data increased via the my acct app. Am I doing this right? I'm on stock deodexed rom

If you have tethering on your plan and it didn't increase that data only reg data...then it works. Enjoy :)

Reactions: VeNuMuS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here ya go guys, as it states UNRESTRICTED TETHERING! Flash in TWRP.... tested and working

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001603404

Enjoy :good:

What this is/does:
    If you have tethering on your plan already, this routs the data through your normal mobile data allowance NOT tethering allowance. Can tether beyond your 2, 3, 10gb allowance without issue.

What this ISNT/DOESNT
    This will not magically let you have unlimited tethering data if your plan isnt unlimited already. It does absolutely nothing for throttling. If you only have 3gb of high speed data and you blow through it in an hr tethering, you will be throttled. no one can do anything about that besides TMO.

TROUBLESHOOTING

This has been confirmed working on every ROM out right now that doesnt already have it built in. The APN has already been changed by me, no need to try to go and edit it, If you have issues with it not connecting, transmitting/receiving data go into settings/more networks/mobile networks/access point names then click T-mobile US LTE (fast.t-mobile.com) IT WILL RESET AND ALL ISSUES SHOULD BE RESOLVED.

If you need/use BLUETOOTH TETHERING here it is
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001603996 --> THIS IS ONLY AN ADDON TO FULL MOD! WILL ONLY WORK AFTER FLASHING INITIAL TETHERING FROM ABOVE

thanks to @jovy for the awesome write up
    Didn't work on hyperdrive ROM. First, I get the T-Mo hot spot nag screen to sign-up for tethering. Second I checked the apn, and it does not have the ,dun at the end of the string, neither can I edit the apn.

Maybe I'm overlooking something or it just doesn't work on hyperdrive.

Not sure your issue...it's already confirmed working on hyperdrive? You running xposed?

Really dude? Kinda not cool...
    Yes please include Bluetooth tethering :)

Will get that done hopefully tonight (time permitting)

Edit: confirmed.. this was tethering to my pc
    bb925e72098b216f439953cda07cbd1b.jpg
    31c0b2acddc8678aa72cbd4e7bea8606.jpg

cool, all is well then....Enjoy :)

To Anyone running this without unlimited data what are your speeds like?

Check the OP...my screen shot shows speed. Constant 35-40mbs down
    Also more proof that it works just more detailed image.

I noticed I have been flagged with a "Legal Tethering" note but I am still getting full LTE speeds none the less.

Will keep you guys posted if I get a larger bill or termed for service for breaching my contract!

They say high data consumed users will get throttle well at 250+ GB I will let u guys know lol.

Deffinetly putting this unlimited data to the test. Even on Comcast my cap was 300GB.

**** Also note that I'm at 5GB/5GB of my HotSpot allotment. WITHOUT the mod I get the TMobile upsell page.

With the mod or with WiFi Tether Router I DONT get up sell page. So I can confirm this fully works.
    Worked for me and i'm on Hyperdrive

Not that this is the right place, but how are you liking hyperdrive?