[MOD] (UPDATED 07/03) Google Wallet Patch/Fix apk -- flashable zip by OMJ

Search This thread

jeff419

Sep 24, 2010
Latest version of google wallet

This is great and all but it only lets you use Citibank Mastercards where the latest version lets you use any credit card you want.

Anyone know how to get the newest version working?

I'm on a rooted EVO LTE with the stock rom still installed.

Thanks

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
This is great and all but it only lets you use Citibank Mastercards where the latest version lets you use any credit card you want.

Anyone know how to get the newest version working?

I'm on a rooted EVO LTE with the stock rom still installed.

Thanks
What do you mean? The newest version is linked in the OP :confused:. I know, because I'm using it now (and have been since it was released).

----------------------
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G LTE | ROM: toasted-deck CM10 | Kernel: 3.0.8-g5d52f54 deck@deck-ubuntu #1 (Stock)

94tbird

Jun 19, 2007
What do you mean? The newest version is linked in the OP :confused:. I know, because I'm using it now (and have been since it was released).

----------------------
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G LTE | ROM: toasted-deck CM10 | Kernel: 3.0.8-g5d52f54 deck@deck-ubuntu #1 (Stock)

Im using the op version however theres a new wallet on the market and ot keeps asking me to update. Any updates to this wonderful mod coming?

leebo

Apr 4, 2007
Im using the op version however theres a new wallet on the market and ot keeps asking me to update. Any updates to this wonderful mod coming?

Same question. I thought I remember the notes for this mod saying that Wallet would no longer ask you to update it. If I install the latest update will it work?

Protonus

Aug 7, 2008
Webster, NY
protonus.ws
I haven't been able to get into Google Wallet in many months, I flashed a ROM update and did a factory reset, before I found out you must do a Reset in the app first... Haven't been able to get in ever since. The messages it displays differ by version...

I have NEVER gotten a secure element error though. So I'm hoping it's somehow fixable still.

Currently what it does it lock up, indefinitely, at "Adding your account..." after selecting my gmail/google account. It says there forever. It does this in the latest or prior 1.5 v75 build.

I've tried patched and unpatched APK's, sideloading, flashable zips, market enabler, etc. I've wiped the phone multiple times, tried different ROM's, did the "Disable Wallet App" from here: https://wallet.google.com/manage/#devices: - turned NFC on /off, cleared app settings... you name it, i've tried it...

Anyone ever find a solution to getting past "Adding your account..." ?? Anyone want logcat data or something to help us try and solve this... I really miss using Wallet :( And again, I've never gotten a secure element error...

DroidWorld

Sep 16, 2012
I am having the same issue but this time, it's google wallet that update itself. When I installed everything, I launched the app and it directly wanted me to update. I can't bypass that! And when I update Wallet, it gets to my account and says that it's not supported in my country (Canada). It seems that Google won't let us access the wallet unless we have a US account...Any help with this ? :crying:

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
You try opening market and go to my apps, wallet. Then untick automatically update.

Then go to settings, my apps, and find wallet and pick uninstall updates. See if that works for ya.

via xda premium on my AOKP'd Evo LTE

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
You try opening market and go to my apps, wallet. Then untick automatically update.

Then go to settings, my apps, and find wallet and pick uninstall updates. See if that works for ya.

via xda premium on my AOKP'd Evo LTE

That's a temporary fix, as in, 5min or very short amount if time. (I thought I was losing my mind because no matter what I did, I couldn't stop the app from updating!) Anyone that hasn't found it yet, go here to get the latest version with the carrier/device check removed >>>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1881914 It different than the Modaco version a lot of us were using as it ONLY has these 2 checks removed. The Modaco had these plus some other checks (such as country check) removed.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Reactions: JerryGNYC

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
That's a temporary fix, as in, 5min or very short amount if time. (I thought I was losing my mind because no matter what I did, I couldn't stop the app from updating!) Anyone that hasn't found it yet, go here to get the latest version with the carrier/device check removed >>>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1881914 It different than the Modaco version a lot of us were using as it ONLY has these 2 checks removed. The Modaco had these plus some other checks (such as country check) removed.

Wanted to edit this to say, the Modaco version had 3 things patched and the was the device, operator and root warning. This new version we are using (the Non-OMJ/Modaco version) only has the device check patched. I just had a Canadian member with a GNEX report back that it's not working so it made me want to look back and I needed to correct what I had said. The device and carrier/operator checks are two separate checks.

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Thanks bro. There is new rules about wallet. The Google pre paid card will cease to exist as of 10/17. ....so if you got $ on there, spend it now

from my flying AOKP'd Evo LTE and xda premium

Yup yup, I got that email and luckily I only had $15 left in prepaid. Gonna go buy some $hit this weekend. Lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There has been a patched version of the updated Google Wallet released. Links updated. Now the Play Store won't ask you to update Wallet.

This is a link w/the method I used to install the apk (the linked OP method didn't work for me) and the Google Wallet app seems to work fine for me. It is showing me my unused $10, but it is too late in the evening for me to actually go test it. I will do my best to not be lazy tomorrow and find a store that has a NFC payment system.

Tested and it works perfectly.

So you can try the linked OP method, my method, or OMJ's flashable zip.

Region / Device / Root Patched Google Wallet APK (1.1-R67-v5) - Android Software - MoDaCo

apk
    Patched apk

Flashable zip by OMJ:
    Flashable zip by OMJ. It is the latest version so the Play Store won't ask you to update Wallet.

And here is his post in this thread. Please follow his instructions and hit the thanks and donate button for him. He is doing more actual work than I am. I am merely a broker.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28229671&postcount=189

The install method I used is similar to the linked OP method. First I deleted the apk from system/app and data/app. Then I used Dropbox to get it on my phone from my PC. You can use whatever method you would like. Then I used Root Explorer to move the patched apk to system/app AND data/app. I also renamed the apk to what it was named previously on my phone when I downloaded Google Wallet from the Play Store. Your phone may have a different name as well. I think as long as they are named the same in system/app and data/app you should be fine. That is how I have it. Then don't forget to change permissions once you move it. With Root Explorer you will long press to get the menu and once you select permissions you will check the first two radio buttons on the first row of three. Then uncheck the last two radio buttons on the second row. Then uncheck the last radio button on the last row. Those permissions should match with all the other apps listed. It will look like this: rw-r--r--

Step by step:
    - Be rooted
    - Uninstall Google Wallet in Play Store OR just delete Google Wallet from data/app
    - Delete Google Wallet apk in system/data
    - take the patched Google Wallet apk and rename to something closer to what was already listed under system/app that you previously deleted. It isn't terribly important that you rename it exactly.
    - move that apk to system/app
    - change permissions to read rw-r--r--
    - copy that apk and move to data/app
    - reboot

Good luck.

Here is a solid step-by-step list from fpineda101:
    I had to reboot my phone to get it to work. Here re the steps I took

1. Write down apk name in system/app
    2. Delete apk in system/app
    3. Mount r/w in system/app using root Explorer
    4. Copy apk to system/app and rename it
    5. Set permissions. I actually used this which worked for me
    x x x
    x
    x
    6. Mount system/app as r/o
    7. Delete apk in data/app
    8. Copy apk from system/app with rename to data/app
    9. Reboot and run the sucka

Don't take the update in Goggle Play. It still doesn't fix Google Wallet for the Evo 4G LTE. BUT if after you did this apk switch you took the update -- don't fret. Because we installed the apk in system/app all you have to do is go back into the Play Store and select uninstall. It will revert back to the version we manually installed.

Thank you guys for hitting the thanks button. And you're welcome. It's cool knowing this is helping and working. I hope I reach 100.

7495063934_3ff8222c88.jpg

This first screen starts with the W in grey scale and animates to color after your phone has been read by the merchant:

7491177020_ef930e5cd4.jpg

This is the following screen if all is going well. Actually, even if it isn't. I got this screen when the grocery store register said "RFID payment system not setup blah blah."

7491177630_a28f56a317.jpg
    I have updated the deodexed flashable zip to the latest version from modaco, 1.1-r67-v12. If you flashed the first version I made, you should be able to flash over (I named the apk the same, so it will overwrite), if you did not flash my first version, you need to delete wallet manually b4 flashing.

If you are using a previous version of Wallet, please ensure you the 'reset wallet' option in the Wallet app settings.

Flashable Zips

***it should be noted the odex version (v4) may not work on your ROM, it was really only meant for my odex ROM.

Unfortunately I kept getting FC's when odexing the v12 version, but I have verified the deodexed file will work fine on an Odex ROM, just delete the following b4 flashing:

/system/app/com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-1.apk
    /system/app/com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-1.odex

I also deleted the data folder:

/data/data/com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel

great find, thanks!

worked like a champ! right after installing, I got a notification of an update for Wallet & it was dated today 7/1...I updated thinking Google finally fixed Wallet for the ELTE, but nope, got unsupported device again. Uninstalled update, back working again. I'll be adding a flashable odex & deodex zips in my thread.

flashable zip
    idiot. Doing it from the app settings, isnt doing it from the application itself.

Dude. Get out of my thread with that garbage.
    If using the flashable .zip in the OP, do we need to delete the original apk? I tried just flashing the zip and I'm getting the device not supported error still.

yes, uninstall or delete any trace of wallet b4 installing this new version.