[MOD] Use the Front Earpiece as a Second Speaker

VinciusG

Dec 20, 2012
This mod will activate you front earpiece speaker in conjunction with the rear main speaker any time Speaker mode is used for example playing music, watching movies, shows, you tube and so on, creating an almost surround sound type of effect. There will be two zips to flash in this post and they are as follows:

1. Surround.zip to activate the surround effect.
  2. Revert To Stock.zip to stock speaker functions.

STEP 1: Download the Surround.zip and also Revert To Stock.zip. (Optional).

STEP 2: Boot to Recovery.

STEP 3: Navigate to the Sound Mod Zip of your choice and flash it.

Tell me what you think, and reply if you like it!

Credits to sshafranko THREAD

Attachments

Last edited:

rohit297

Jul 19, 2011
Awesome mod however haven't tried yet bcoz clicking on the link simply opens that xml file in my browser, btw this should be added into a custom rom which shud be toggle able, hope u got what i mean

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

VinciusG

Dec 20, 2012
Awesome mod however haven't tried yet bcoz clicking on the link simply opens that xml file in my browser, btw this should be added into a custom rom which shud be toggle able, hope u got what i mean

With Google Drive in the top of the page there is an option to download the file, see the picture below

Attachments

Maibol

Jan 9, 2011
With Google Drive in the top of the page there is an option to download the file, see the picture below

what the op said is true but if you are using chrome on your phone for the download you need to request desktop site on the settings and you will see the download icon ;)

btw this just gon work on stock roms? i want to try on custom ones :)

edit:# report lol well the mod is working for me it didnt sound very loud but works and sounds well thanks for the mod

Last edited:

daniel84cs

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks my friend....Test it now....:)
I have tried so, the audio works but I do not have a surround sound .... I have done something wrong ... ???
Test now your mod...;)

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

@VinciusG work perfect thanks.....:)....Great work....:)