[MOD] Use the Front Earpiece as a Second Speaker

VinciusG

Dec 20, 2012
This mod will activate you front earpiece speaker in conjunction with the rear main speaker any time Speaker mode is used for example playing music, watching movies, shows, you tube and so on, creating an almost surround sound type of effect. There will be two zips to flash in this post and they are as follows:

1. Surround.zip to activate the surround effect.
  2. Revert To Stock.zip to stock speaker functions.

STEP 1: Download the Surround.zip and also Revert To Stock.zip. (Optional).

STEP 2: Boot to Recovery.

STEP 3: Navigate to the Sound Mod Zip of your choice and flash it.

Tell me what you think, and reply if you like it!

Credits to sshafranko THREAD
Updated OP with flashable zips, I din't make a Loud Volume Zip because I'm afraid to ruin the Rear speaker, I only Increased the Earpiece volume. I'll test anyway other options in next days

The playback volume must be high in order to obtain a noticeable effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryanperez

VinciusG

Dec 20, 2012
Awesome mod, our friend!
It works 100%. But could you edit it to make it work on every sound levels, not only in higher? Whether it may cause some problems?
Basically if you increase the speaker volume it also increase the earpiece volume, I don't think I can set a fixed value.
However you could have an higher earpiece volume at lower speaker value, but in order to obtain this, you must reduce the maximum speaker volume. If you're interested I can send you a test zip

ryanperez

Aug 21, 2013
Updated OP with flashable zips, I din't make a Loud Volume Zip because I'm afraid to ruin the Rear speaker, I only Increased the Earpiece volume. I'll test anyway other options in next days

The playback volume must be high in order to obtain a noticeable effect.
Thanks! will it work on lollipop? Nexus Experience user

Maibol

Jan 9, 2011
Try this file, tell me if it is loud enough and if it's ok I'll add it to the first post.
ok ill try it

edit: i flash it and it sounds louder but i hear some distortion on the sound maybe is maybe is because of the bass and cause of the fact that the speaker cant handle anymore

Last edited: