[MOD] Use the Front Earpiece as a Second Speaker

Search This thread

jacomail95

Nov 11, 2012
Fondi, LT
I used AlsaMixer, and i'm testing the max value possible for our earpiece, RX1 Digital is now 124 on my N4

Edit:

OK, after some tests, i decided to set my value to 100, loud but clear for me. 124 causes distortions also when volume is low

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jacomail95

Nov 11, 2012
Fondi, LT
Look, i don't know how to upload here my mixer_paths.xml, but in this screenshot there is the simple edit i've done ;)

And, yes, for my speaker longevity, i set again my value to 90

EDIT: After some accurate testing, i found optimal values for earpiece set to 92-93. I recommend them for everyone, absolutely no distortions at loud volume and good sound quality using V4A

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421833608165.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421833608165.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 937
Last edited:

Hamletiano

Nov 7, 2011
Look, i don't know how to upload here my mixer_paths.xml, but in this screenshot there is the simple edit i've done ;)

EDIT: After some accurate testing, i found optimal values for earpiece set to 92-93. I recommend them for everyone, absolutely no distortions at loud volume and good sound quality using V4A

Thanks for your work on this, would it be possible to upload another flashing zip with the new values you discovered to be the best ones?
Thanks

Reactions: Maibol

sidnoit22

Sep 22, 2011
Gwalior
www.kickedface.blogspot.com

How can you get V4A working on 5.xx. I can't get it working on Stock rooted wit hells kernel.

gharrrrrr

Sep 24, 2011
How can you get V4A working on 5.xx. I can't get it working on Stock rooted wit hells kernel.

Have you tried searching the V4A XDA thread? There are several solutions there. A special v4a zip for lolli, build.prop mod zip, audio lib mod zip. Should really do some searching over there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

HubrisRev5

Oct 27, 2015
How can I control this mod? is there an app where I can toggle this on/off?
Also if i flash it, then use the revert flash, will it affect any changes made by V4A?

HubrisRev5

Oct 27, 2015
Does this work for Marshmallow? More importantly... What settings do you have for v4a speakers?

Yes. It works with marshmallow, hence me using it with DU 10.1.
I kinda stopped using v4a since the kernel on DU slows down when screen is off so it causes artifacts in the sound.
Mostly use it with Dolby atmos.
But it is fine. No specific settings.

zeeBomb

Jan 1, 2016
Yes. It works with marshmallow, hence me using it with DU 10.1.
I kinda stopped using v4a since the kernel on DU slows down when screen is off so it causes artifacts in the sound.
Mostly use it with Dolby atmos.
But it is fine. No specific settings.

Ah. Do you know also what mixer code should I change in the settings? Lineout 1 or RX1?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160802-125322.png
    Screenshot_20160802-125322.png
    236.5 KB · Views: 237

amir.susul

Feb 12, 2013
Tabriz
hi @VinciusG , and thanks for this awesome mod, i just had a question, how long u used this mod on your phone and in what level of earpiece was it? i just want to know for example in level 90 im not gonna blow up my speakr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod will activate you front earpiece speaker in conjunction with the rear main speaker any time Speaker mode is used for example playing music, watching movies, shows, you tube and so on, creating an almost surround sound type of effect. There will be two zips to flash in this post and they are as follows:

1. Surround.zip to activate the surround effect.
    2. Revert To Stock.zip to stock speaker functions.

STEP 1: Download the Surround.zip and also Revert To Stock.zip. (Optional).

STEP 2: Boot to Recovery.

STEP 3: Navigate to the Sound Mod Zip of your choice and flash it.

Tell me what you think, and reply if you like it!

Credits to sshafranko THREAD
    ty op
    so any damage to front Earpiece?

I didn't set a very loud volume so I don't think this could damage the earpiece, I'll investigate the better value to choose
    ^wich value do I have to change to turn the volume up? :>

<ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="90"/>
    That is located in speaker section, this is the earpiece volume.
    @VinciusG its possibile port this mod on Nexus 5.....???....I add this mod on my rom xTraSmooth....You can help me....???...Attached my rom mixer paths...
    Thanks
    Can this mod be ported to other devices...or there is something device specific?