[MOD][VGA][06/09/2010] Sense 2.5.20182814/2.5.20183025

Search This thread

programatix

May 17, 2005
Description

This is a VGA port of Sense 2.5.20182814.0 from Oboe 1.03 ROM.

On how to cook it, I hope that someone could come up with a tutorial. Anyway, the Core package is configured to show Twitter and Stock tabs. So, you can cook in with previous version of the packages.

Regarding EXT packages, you can use the one I posted in the 2016 (VGA) thread as I include the separate package for VGA. Also, you can easily port the XML files using XmlGui (see my signature).

Sense 2.5.20182814 VGA packages
  • 24/08/2010: Programatix Sense 2.5.20182814 VGA (CFC)
    • Drag-to-remove feature in Home and Internet tabs for landscape is not working correctly.
    • The combobox component is still WVGA.
    • Settings tab is not ported because it has some extra settings which are not supported by most VGA devices. If I port it, I need to do extra work just to remove the extra settings.

Sense 2.5.20183025 VGA packages

Mods

Tools
  • 26/08/2010: CFC Tool - I created 2 batch files for CFC operation. See screenshot inside the zip on where to place the files and how to use them. (Thanks to chainfire for cfc.exe)
    Note: The batch files are tools to CFC/unCFC the manila files only. Please also make sure that all files have their read-only, system and hidden attributes removed. You still have to manually add the 2 dll files required for CFC support and patch manila.exe and mode9.exe to use them.

Coffee Break!
I you like my work, please buy me coffee so that I can stay awake! I would like to thank the following people for their donation:
  • James Smith
  • O.a.T.
  • Jason Smith
  • Sam Sublett

Last edited:

programatix

May 17, 2005
FAQS

Q: I cooked in People v2.5.20182814.0 and I can't send SMS when HTC Messaging Client is not cooked in.
A: I have not fix the problem with dual sim card support yet. Maybe I will never do. Use People v2.5.20161424.0 as replacement.

Q: I cooked in Message v2.5.20182814.0 and I'm seeing unknown menu items.
A: I have not translated the new menu items. Use Message v2.5.20161428.0 as replacement.

Q: I cooked in People v2.5.20161424.0 and there are missing tab icons for Group Action page.
A: I've included the icons in Internet Tab icons and People Icons (CFC).

Q: I cooked in People v2.5.20161424.0 and I'm seeing old icons used for the tabs (2nd layer).
A: I've included the icons in Internet Tab icons and People Icons (CFC).

Q: When reading SMS (without HTC Messaging Client) in Message tab (2nd layer) in People tab, I can't scroll to the top.
A: I have not patch manila.exe. Use manila.exe and mode9.exe from Core v2.5.20161332.0. If mode9.exe is not included, Sense would not start.

Q: Every times I exit from the Facebook page in People tab, Sense crashes.
A: I have not patch manila.exe. Use manila.exe and mode9.exe from Core v2.5.20161332.0. If mode9.exe is not included, Sense would not start.

Last edited:

etoy

Dec 21, 2009
wow,i missed this one! have to try it out asap :) thanks a lot for your effort m8!

hasseye

Jun 15, 2008
heyy programmitx, other than the tabs you already ported, i'm just curious if we could use the older 2016 port on the rest of the 2018 packages that get released. I dont care if landscape works or not, not sure if any other changes have taken place from 2016 to 2018

etoy

Dec 21, 2009
hi programatix,almost everything seems to work fine,congratulations for your job. can i ask you a favour? i'd like to adjust the alignment of some home tab elements:

- "Call History" button in portrait mode is a little too high
- "Call History" button in landscape mode a little too low

(probably 1 or 2 pixels misalignment between call history and date for both)

-"Alarm Off" (or alarm hour if enabled) text is a little too high (overlapping the clock minutes tabs)

can you please tell me what are the values to look for? is 22e41977_manila the right file to look into? thanks a lot!

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
Dual sim fixes

I am sure you already saw these fixes for the Message and People tab (related to dual sim) from mobileunderground:

For Message Tab:
http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=887&p=49461#post49461

For People Tab:
http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=94&p=50727#post50727

Anyway we can use also the 2016 packages...i think for example that Core 2018 is more important that these 2 tab packages...

There is also Manila 20182814 from Oboe 1.03:
http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=94&p=50508#post50508
http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=94&p=50529#post50529

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Mod to exclude HTC Messaging Client?

I would LOVE to exclude Messaging Client from my ROMs, if possible. I know with the 2012 port, there were a couple of different options that allowed me to exclude the HTC Messaging from my ROM (TMartin, kimi), but using those mods now break scrolling in my Manila SMS thread (and cause some other side effects). I know as the Sense versions get newer, the dependency on the Messaging Client increases (unfortunately), but I was hoping some genius could create a mod that would allow us to use the Classic Manila Messaging without any negative side effects?

I'm also having an issue with the RSS Feed where it only gives me the "Welcome" feed, even after I've selected & refreshed the feeds. I think, though, that this is related to the version of RSS Hub that I'm using (I was using an older OBOE version - I'm about to try a newer one now). Hopefully that corrects the issue there.

Last edited:

ted973

Feb 5, 2008
Beijing
I'm also having an issue with the RSS Feed where it only gives me the "Welcome" feed, even after I've selected & refreshed the feeds. I think, though, that this is related to the version of RSS Hub that I'm using (I was using an older OBOE version - I'm about to try a newer one now). Hopefully that corrects the issue there.

use RSSHub package in oboe and add reg key below
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ilium Software\RSS Hub]
"EnableManila"=dword:00000001

TMartin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 30, 2008
Sunbury, Ohio
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
I would LOVE to exclude Messaging Client from my ROMs, if possible. I know with the 2012 port, there were a couple of different options that allowed me to exclude the HTC Messaging from my ROM (TMartin, kimi), but using those mods now break scrolling in my Manila SMS thread (and cause some other side effects). I know as the Sense versions get newer, the dependency on the Messaging Client increases (unfortunately), but I was hoping some genius could create a mod that would allow us to use the Classic Manila Messaging without any negative side effects?

I have noticed this as well. We need a HTCMessaging Client-less version of 2018 with a Twitter Tab because the scrolling for it is all messed up.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Hi Captain_Throwback,

Could you please share this new RSS Hub package?

Attached is the package I just dumped from Oboe_Dopod_CHS_1.03.706.0_Debug ROM. You'll need to get 0409 (if WWE) and maybe change/import it into an EXT if you're kitchen uses those.

Attachments

• PACKAGE_OBOE_RSSHub_TEST.7z
    299 KB · Views: 19

programatix

May 17, 2005

If I'm not mistaken, it is caused by the Core package... because I've tried cooking in both original Core and People and I get the same result. Then I tried People from 2016 and I still get the same result.