[Mod]Volume Increase Mod for OnePlus One

Search This thread

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin

Volume Increase Mod for the OnePlus One.
This Mod boosts headphone, speaker, and in-call volume.
Values were edited in the mixer_path.xml found in system/etc.
This Mod is for 4.4.4 Aosp roms, PA, Slim, Cm11,etc all seem to share the same xml file.
*Stock CM11s Volume Mods are now available. :)

Default [All stock values. This is basically a revert zip.]
Default+ [Stock Values for Headphone and Speakers. Increased In-Call Volume Value set to 93]
Med+ [Headphone and Speakers with values set to 88. Increased In-Call Volume Value set to 93]
Loud+ [Headphone and Speakers with values set to 92. Increased In-Call Volume Value set to 93]
Instructions.
1. Download Volume Increase Mod.zip here.(Madhi rom users flash zips provided by zephik down below.)
2. Flash Zip in recovery. Wipe dalvik and cache.
3. Reboot and enjoy!

Soundboost for Madhi ROM by zephik
Madhi Rom seems to have a different mixer_path.xml file. Thanks to zephik.
Go here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54676861

Disclaimer-Flash this at your own risk. Only you are responsible for your device.

Last edited:

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
How to Manually adjust.
1.Using a root Explorer(ROM toolbox, ES, etc.) go to system/etc.
2.Open mixer_path.xml with an built in xml editor.
3.Values you need to adjust are close to the bottom of the file. Description is pretty self explanatory.
4.See image below. The values I have set to "88" can be changed to affect Speaker and headphones. Now edit your values.
5.Save changes, reboot and enjoy!
eryqe7en.jpg

6.To adjust in-call volume. Go back to mixer_paths.xml. Look for the "ear" path under analog output devices. Edit volume value, save and reboot.
The image below has the value set to "93". Edit this value.
mema6a2e.jpg

Disclaimer: Adjusting these values could damage your speakers and your hearing. Be careful and use caution.

Last edited:

sabbotage

Dec 15, 2010
CM11 nightlies got this fix merged last night. So this shouldn't be needed on CM11 with new nightly builds.

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
This mod only affects the external bottom speakers and headphones. I'm running nightly 7/31 with med increase. They did do something with the XML file to make it more device specific. The only change I see for volume in nightly 8/1 is for voice paths. Still I like my volume slightly increased.

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk

efrai3

Feb 14, 2009
SALONICA - GREECE
Thanks for this great mod.Sound is better now.
Any chance for a mod that should also increase the Internal Speaker.There is an option for it in franco's kernel but since it still suffers from random reboots i prefer to be in stock kernel.
I believe everyone will also appreciate a mod for louder internal speaker.

anthonyly

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks for this great mod.Sound is better now.
Any chance for a mod that should also increase the Internal Speaker.There is an option for it in franco's kernel but since it still suffers from random reboots i prefer to be in stock kernel.
I believe everyone will also appreciate a mod for louder internal speaker.

i findthe new r8 to be perfectly fine

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
On Mahdi rom, volume boost worked on speaker but no sound from headphones. Reverted to stock file and headphones work again!

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

I can confirm this. I reverted the changes to "headphones" and sound plays on the headphones again.
Heres the link to it, https://www.mediafire.com/?7i863p82coury87 (its the loud from OP version with default "headphones" values)

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
I believe V4a installs a modified equalizer, files and libs improving sound quality. I have it running on Liquid Smooth atm. I still adjust my volume. Just what I prefer. I need my alarm loud enough to wake me up for work. Plus I got a pair of Beats I'd like to use to it's full potential. Also I think the speakers on the One are good but not great. I've heard better but it still gets the job done. So don't think this is some miracle mod to improve your speaker quality..lol. It just boost volume for speakers and headphones.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Reactions: rayandreas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Volume Increase Mod for the OnePlus One.
    This Mod boosts headphone, speaker, and in-call volume.
    Values were edited in the mixer_path.xml found in system/etc.
    This Mod is for 4.4.4 Aosp roms, PA, Slim, Cm11,etc all seem to share the same xml file.
    *Stock CM11s Volume Mods are now available. :)

Default [All stock values. This is basically a revert zip.]
    Default+ [Stock Values for Headphone and Speakers. Increased In-Call Volume Value set to 93]
    Med+ [Headphone and Speakers with values set to 88. Increased In-Call Volume Value set to 93]
    Loud+ [Headphone and Speakers with values set to 92. Increased In-Call Volume Value set to 93]
    Instructions.
    1. Download Volume Increase Mod.zip here.(Madhi rom users flash zips provided by zephik down below.)
    2. Flash Zip in recovery. Wipe dalvik and cache.
    3. Reboot and enjoy!

Soundboost for Madhi ROM by zephik
    Madhi Rom seems to have a different mixer_path.xml file. Thanks to zephik.
    Go here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54676861

Disclaimer-Flash this at your own risk. Only you are responsible for your device.
    How to Manually adjust.
    1.Using a root Explorer(ROM toolbox, ES, etc.) go to system/etc.
    2.Open mixer_path.xml with an built in xml editor.
    3.Values you need to adjust are close to the bottom of the file. Description is pretty self explanatory.
    4.See image below. The values I have set to "88" can be changed to affect Speaker and headphones. Now edit your values.
    5.Save changes, reboot and enjoy!
    eryqe7en.jpg

6.To adjust in-call volume. Go back to mixer_paths.xml. Look for the "ear" path under analog output devices. Edit volume value, save and reboot.
    The image below has the value set to "93". Edit this value.
    mema6a2e.jpg

Disclaimer: Adjusting these values could damage your speakers and your hearing. Be careful and use caution.
    Since we both on Mahdi... wanted to know if this has already been implemented.. Thanks

No it has not. I noticed that this mod and the Mahdi mixer_paths had different # of lines so I took the Mahdi mixer_paths and changed the values myself. Credit still goes to OP anyways, all I did was just modify it accordingly to mahdi to have the same # of lines in the file.

Loud+ for Mahdi ROM [Speakers with values set to 92. Increased In-Call Volume Value set to 93] Headphones value remains at 88.
    Mahdi 08/08: http://d-h.st/zK4
    Added 1+Cm11s Stock volume zip.
    Also added Medium and Loud zips for CM11s. Enjoy! ;)
    Looks like its been merged, http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/71025/ "92" as default :D