• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][(W)VGA][28-12-09][Sense Manila] Manila Hacks\Edits

Search This thread

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
I started this thread out in the Leo forum but since these hacks are not really device (or resolution, not entirely sure though) dependent might as well post them for all to see.

Alarm Hack Home tab

Description:

Changes the alarm shortcut on the Home tab to another application than the default windows\HTC one.

The app prompts you a couple of questions which determine where your alarm application is installed, and adjust the shortcut accordingly. Make sure you type the names in correctly because typo's (case or errors) will produce an incorrect shortcut. It will create either a manila files or a cab.

Supported Applications:
- CradleAlarm
- G-Alarm
- Klaxon
- SPB Time

Supported manila versions:
- 2.1 Sense
- 2.5 Sense
- Others? (not actively supported)

How it works:

It's done via a batch script. This does not work if the application folder is placed somewhere that has a space in the filename (e.g. C:\Wrong File Path\Alarm_Hack_Home_Tab -> C:\Right_File_Path\Alarm_Hack_Home_Tab). It's not just a matter of shortcut creation, this hack is done in lua.

Changelog:

v1.1

- Made it foolproof by adding various checks
- Combined the 2.1 and 2.5 version to a single script
- Added choice.exe to the Tools folder since older versions of windows do not have this

v1.2

- Added support for CradleAlarm

v1.3

- Added simple logging

v1.4

- Supports manila 1922 (manila from dec 2009) but not the lower versions.

Calendar Hack Home tab

Description:

Changes the calendar shortcut on the Home tab to another application than the default windows\HTC one.

The app prompts you a couple of questions which determine where your alarm application is installed, and adjust the shortcut accordingly. Make sure you type the names in correctly because typo's (case or errors) will produce an incorrect shortcut. It will create either a manila files or a cab.

Supported Applications:
- ThumbCal
- PocketInformant

Supported manila versions:
- 2.1 Sense
- 2.5 Sense
- Others? (not actively supported)

Changelog:

v1.0
- Initial release

Sense hacks: Download

- Alarm Hack Home Tab v1.3 (Lower than 1922)

- Alarm Hack Home Tab v1.4 (1922 and up)

- Calendar Hack Home Tab v1.0

K00l I'm in the news :p

Last edited:

wmserver

Nov 27, 2007
Thanks for sharing 12aon.

How do I provide the app path if it's in "\Program Files\agepe\G-Alarm" ?
Do I enter ""\agepe\G-Alarm" or just "G-Alarm" ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
Thanks for sharing 12aon.

How do I provide the app path if it's in "\Program Files\agepe\G-Alarm" ?
Do I enter ""\agepe\G-Alarm" or just "G-Alarm" ?

Thanks.

First step is the name of the storage card, second the name of the program files folder, third the name of the alarm application and last whether you want a cab or just the manila files. But it's all pretty clearly explained in the command prompt,

Edit: Question though, the latest official Rhodium WWE ROM (3.44) does have sense 2.1 right?

Last edited:

danilovac

Oct 17, 2006
First sorry for my english

Fantastic!! it works perfect in my Touch pro VGA with manila 2.5 and Tael Rom. Shortcut to G-Alarm!

Congratulations!!

Man, is it possible to make another modification on manila shortcut.. let me tell you what I want, I instaled a second today screen, than I instaled the weather pannel application, Than I instaled the WP-Activate, that creates a shortcut to the main screen of weather panel.

I want to link the weather button located in the midle of the clock on home tab, to the main screen of weather panel or to the second screen, instead of the weather panel.

I am not a developer, so if you can help,

Again sorry for my english.

Thank you!

Attachments

• WP-Activate.CAB
    59.9 KB · Views: 121

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
First sorry for my english

Fantastic!! it works perfect in my Touch pro VGA with manila 2.5 and Tael Rom. Shortcut to G-Alarm!

Congratulations!!

Man, is it possible to make another modification on manila shortcut.. let me tell you what I want, I instaled a second today screen, than I instaled the weather pannel application, Than I instaled the WP-Activate, that creates a shortcut to the main screen of weather panel.

I want to link the weather button located in the midle of the clock on home tab, to the main screen of weather panel or to the second screen, instead of the weather panel.

I am not a developer, so if you can help,

Again sorry for my english.

Thank you!

Depends on the lua file, but I thinks it doable. It would however be linked to the weather app directly. Not sure I understand exactly what it is that WP-Activate does,

danilovac

Oct 17, 2006
Depends on the lua file, but I thinks it doable. It would however be linked to the weather app directly. Not sure I understand exactly what it is that WP-Activate does,

let me try to explain, the weather panel is a today plugin, when you click on this today plugin, it opens the main screen of weather panel, where you have more information about the weather. The WP-Activate creates a shortcut on the start menu that allows to acess the main screen of weather pannel directly, without clicking on the today plugin... so it is not necessary to change from Manila to second today screen, just to click on the today plugin, I just use the shortcut.

Now what I am asking, is to use the weather button in home tab to link directly to the weather pannel main screen

I know that is dificult to understand my english, :p but if it is not clear I can try again...

thank you

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
Ehi 12aon, any chance this would be compatible to Klaxon?

Sure like I said I need to know the default install path (e.g. \Program Files\Khoush\Klaxon.exe)

let me try to explain, the weather panel is a today plugin, when you click on this today plugin, it opens the main screen of weather panel, where you have more information about the weather. The WP-Activate creates a shortcut on the start menu that allows to acess the main screen of weather pannel directly, without clicking on the today plugin... so it is not necessary to change from Manila to second today screen, just to click on the today plugin, I just use the shortcut.

Now what I am asking, is to use the weather button in home tab to link directly to the weather pannel main screen

I know that is dificult to understand my english, :p but if it is not clear I can try again...

thank you

I can see what I can find out. This would however require me to write entirely new script (which is fine) but I don't have that kind of time now. I'll keep you posted,

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
Great, let me know your progress, than I try to make you a donation if it works! :rolleyes:

I am going to need the default install path of the application you would like to open though,

BTW: is this for 2.5 or 2.1 manila? I could be incorrect but I don't think anything happens on 2.1 Sense when you hit hit the weather on home tab. If it does please tell me the manila version you are using.

Last edited:

onomico

Jul 1, 2008
I am having problems with the cab creation, it only creates the lua file and after asking to create cab or manila file, gets a " "CHOICE" not recognized as internal or external comand. press any key to cotinue" and then comand promt closes.

what can I do?
Thank you very much

Spanish oficial ROM, manila Sense 2.1
The "Alarm_Hack_Home_Tab_2.1" is installed in C:/Alarm_Hack_Home_Tab_2.1
File path: //archivos de programa/ageye/G-alarm
in main memory

Last edited:

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
I am having problems with the cab creation, it only creates the lua file and after asking to create cab or manila file, gets a " "CHOICE" not recognized as internal or external comand. press any key to cotinue" and then comand promt closes.

what can I do?
Thank you very much

Spanish oficial ROM, manila Sense 2.1
The "Alarm_Hack_Home_Tab_2.1" is installed in C:/Alarm_Hack_Home_Tab_2.1
File path: //archivos de programa/ageye/G-alarm
in main memory

1. What version of windows do you run? 2. Can you tell me the complete pathname is where you extracted the folder? if I can't reproduce your error, I can't fix it,