[MOD] - WETA Audio 9.1 - [aroma][V4A][DolbyAtmos][xloud][srs][beats][+++]

Search This thread

ExcuseTheN00b

Jun 21, 2011
That doesn't make any sense flashing a boot.img shouldn't remove the mod haha. Weird. Anyway for future, simply flashing over the top of the other mod would be fine.

--->

I did flash the mod over the other one the first time but I had both v4a installed then. Of course the 2.3.4.0 driver was installed but I was also switching kernels so I flashed the boot.img and it deleted the reboot app, dolby app and both viper4android apps.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
I did flash the mod over the other one the first time but I had both v4a installed then. Of course the 2.3.4.0 driver was installed but I was also switching kernels so I flashed the boot.img and it deleted the reboot app, dolby app and both viper4android apps.
Ahhhh, yeah I haven't put any old apk removal in that script. I will now though thanks!

Edit... I've silently updated the script to remove the old apk now.

? --->

Last edited:
Reactions: ExcuseTheN00b

ExcuseTheN00b

Jun 21, 2011
Ahhhh, yeah I haven't put any old apk removal in that script. I will now though thanks!

Edit... I've silently updated the script to remove the old apk now.

--->

Ok thanks. Will redownload now. I did flash another kernel and re-rooted and you were right. The apps reappeared including both the v4a. I will install the new update now.

Edit: Works perfect now. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mentalmuso

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
WETA Audio #4 + #4b

Glaring mistake on my part which affects the "behind the scenes" auidio mods and drivers associated with xloud and beats etc.
- Added build.prop lines for these mods.
This mod now flashes a modified build.prop, meaning if you have any build.prop mods, you will need to reapply them after flashing this mod.

Download Page

--->

RedZero144

Aug 10, 2012
Got the latest download to work

Followed Chainfire's root method, followed this method right after and I can confirm no system UI crashes so far and V4A works fine on the Pixel XL. Have never flashed a custom kernel. Awesome early work on this dev, love V4A; gotta try Dolby Atmos sometime now.

Dolby Atmos works fine too.

Last edited:

diabl0w

Mar 5, 2015
warning this mod will replace your build. prop! please don't do this it coukd cause problems with differing builds as well as Google vs Verizon phines... at least add a script to backup original build prop... now I have to reflash stock

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
warning this mod will replace your build. prop! please don't do this it coukd cause problems with differing builds as well as Google vs Verizon phines... at least add a script to backup original build prop... now I have to reflash stock
Sorry dude, these mods are early and somewhat beta. What else can I say..

There is a script for the Pixel and the Pixel XL. Verizon just slipped my mind. Thanks for reporting

? --->

diabl0w

Mar 5, 2015
its okay, they are good mods and thanks for your work.. just a warning to everyone that you should always be careful what you are flashing and i failed to take my own advice. these mods are great but maybe beta should be stressed more or take a look at your code usually echo or sed are your best friends when using build.prop mods, dont want to discourage you from your work tho definitely better than anything i have to offer

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
its okay, they are good mods and thanks for your work.. just a warning to everyone that you should always be careful what you are flashing and i failed to take my own advice. these mods are great but maybe beta should be stressed more or take a look at your code usually echo or sed are your best friends when using build.prop mods, dont want to discourage you from your work tho definitely better than anything i have to offer
I was using echo. I don't know why I changed it. You only had to flash system.img though right?

? --->

diabl0w

Mar 5, 2015
I was using echo. I don't know why I changed it. You only had to flash system.img though right?

--->

probably only had to , correct... but i ended up flashing everything because I was having other issues anyway that may have been kernel related. starting off completely fresh now

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
WETA Audio #5 + #5b

Script modifications to be more universal for build.prop mod
- no longer replaces build.prop, now appends to file instead, keeping existing mod lines

FYI - if you are having any weird messages on boot regarding system, you may need to aquire the system/build.prop and vendor/build.prop from your version of firmware first. Replace what you have , then flash the mod.

Download Page

--->

nycdiplomat

Feb 26, 2010
Maryland
WETA Audio #5 + #5b

- no longer replaces build.prop, now appends to file instead, keeping existing mod lines

FYI - if you are having any weird messages on boot regarding system, you may need to aquire the system/build.prop and vendor/build.prop from your version of firmware first. Replace what you have , then flash the mod.

Download Page

--->

Thanks for this! Im a gym rat and music is everything!! lmao you da man!!

Golf c

Jan 4, 2015
I use to prefer the old Viper with other mods. This mod sounds better to me with the new Viper. I will stick with the new one. Thanks for the choice!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0heEu4S.jpg

You flash this MOD at your own risk,
    i take no responsibility for any mishaps.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below
    PIXEL TELEGRAM CHANNEL

This here is my personal setup and thought i'd share. Usually i test extensively before releasing to public, but if you do find something detrimental to the usage of your device that is either Force Closing or simply not working, let me know and i will in turn inform whether that is something i will tend to.

WETA is a rom for Music geeks like me, though because we are still waiting on TWRP to become available i'd thought i'd make this MOD to flash in the meantime. Its main focus is Audio.

This mod installs the following...
    V4A 2.5.0.5 or 2.3.4.0
    Dolby Atmos
    Sony Xperia™ Z5 Premium audio system
    Beats™ libraries and effects
    WETA Reboot app

How to install...

As of 9.0 moving forward, you will need to flash this mod using TWRP.

NOTE: There have been some issues with systemui crashing after install. This results in having to flash back to stock and in some cases having to wipe phone completely.
    I advise running an un-encrypted file system at this stage, which may or may not help. Just be aware that things are basically experimental at these early stages.

1. Make sure you are on Stock firmware and have rooted device
    2. Download mod zip
    3. Install this app "Root Browser"
    4. Extract the zip (click and hold, select extract) using Root Browser directly into Download folder. (you should have /sdcard/Download/WETA_*** as folder with files in it)
    5. Go into Download/WETA_*** folder and select WETA-flash.sh
    6. Tick "Execute script as root"
    7. Then select the Execute button
    8. It will say "Executing script"
    9. Once complete you should have a popup box with no errrors.
    10. Reboot device and mods should be installed....

Changes...

31st Oct
    Fixed some things in audio_effects.conf
    Added a new mod, 3minit battery to download page

#3 1st Nov
    Modified build.props
    Added System wide audio

#5 + #5b

V4ADA1 + V4ADA2

V4ADA1 - V4a 2.5.0.5
    V4ADA2 - V4a 2.3.4.0

Both these versions have all audio mods omitted as to help with echoing while gaming.
    Only V4A and Atmos present.
    Fyi.. this can be flashed over the top of previous audio mods

12th NOV
    WETA Audio 7 + 7b + V4ADA1_V5 + V4ADA2_V5
    removed modification of audio_policy_config file

12th NOV
    WETA Audio 8 + 8b + V4ADA1_V6 + V4ADA2_V6
    More audio_policy_config tweaks for spotify

WETA Audio 9.0
    This version is an Aroma installer version. TWRP only.

WETA Audio 9.1
    Fixed V4A convolver and profile permissions
    – FYI this will wipe out your /sdcard/ViPER4Android folder

Added Sony music player
    Weta reboot option
    BusyBox Install option
    Weta audio remover

MOD Download Page

If you like my work, please consider buying this poor guy a craft beer for his efforts

?? --->
    Here are a web bunch of profiles I gathered around. I take no responsibility or credit for any of these.

Copy to viper4android directory in your root storage SD card

/sdcard/ViPER4Android

Put kernel DDC and profiles in there
    People still use this mod?

[emoji450] --->
    WETA Audio 9.0

This version is an Aroma installer version. TWRP only.

Added Sony music player
    Weta reboot option
    BusyBox Install option
    Weta audio remover

Download Page

--->
    NDE63X

FYI WETA Audio mod will work on all new firmwares..

--->
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone