[MOD][XPOSED][12-13] Let Me Downgrade - Add support for downgrading apps on Android 12 and 13.

Search This thread

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL

ic_launcher-playstore.png
Let Me Downgrade​

Android's app installation system does not allow users to downgrade to an older version of an app when they already have a newer version installed. Let Me Downgrade is an Xposed module for Android 12 and 13 that enables users to bypass this restriction. As an added bonus, Let Me Downgrade provides a Quick Settings tile to easily enable and disable the downgrade block.

⚠️ WARNING: Let Me Downgrade is intended for rooted devices running Android 12 or 13 and requires Xposed. The recommended Xposed variant to use is LSPosed. Other Xposed variants may work, but have not been tested. Additionally, this module cannot be guaranteed to work on all devices. In the worst case, it can cause a bootloop. Use at your own risk.

To use Let Me Downgrade:
  1. Install LSposed. This requires your device to be rooted with Magisk. Installation instructions for LSPosed are available here.
  2. Install Let Me Downgrade.
  3. Activate the Let Me Downgrade module in the LSposed user interface.
    1.png
    2.png
  4. Reboot your device and sign in.
    3.png
  5. Open the quick settings panel. The Let Me Downgrade tile will appear.
    4.png
  6. Toggle the Let Me Downgrade tile on or off to enable or disable it.

Last edited:

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
Nice work! I assume this does not have backward compatibility, i.e. it won't work on older Android versions, and only supports Android 13? Also, consider submitting it in the Xposed-Modules-Repo. :)
Thank you! Unfortunately, this does not have backwards compatibility with older versions of Android. Adding support for allowing downgrades on Android 5 through 12 would actually be pretty easy, but adding support for the quick settings tile to toggle the module on and off would not be, and I do not really think that it is worth the effort of doing so considering that anyone using Android 5-12 will probably already be using XDowngrader.

I should also note that the developer of XDowngrader actually published an update to support Android 13 soon after I published this module, however I would recommend that Android 13 users opt for my module instead because:
  1. Let Me Downgrade is open source but XDowngrader is not.
  2. Let Me Downgrade allows you to toggle the module's functionality on and off without rebooting your phone through a Quick Settings tile. This is useful for if you want to temporarily allow app downgrades, but would prefer to leave app downgrades disabled in most other cases.

As far as publishing on the Xposed Modules Repo is concerned, I have actually done that! The repo entry for this module is available here.

Reactions: Rom and shadowstep

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
Not sure I get it... If I want to go back to an older version of an app, can't I just clear it's cache and uninstall the new ver. then install the old one? :unsure:
You can, but that would mean you would lose your app settings. If you use Let Me Downgrade, you'll be able to install the old version on top of the old one and retain your settings. Please note however that just because you downgrade your app in place does not mean things will work if the newer version has made internal structural changes to how the data is stored.

bobpiesz

Nov 24, 2012
@David B.

I'd be more than willing to donate towards having disable signature verification, as I'm not finding any publicly available tools for A13 :(

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Huawei Watch 2

bobpiesz

Nov 24, 2012

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
@David B.

I'd be more than willing to donate towards having disable signature verification, as I'm not finding any publicly available tools for A13 :(
When time permits, I can and will research this. Unfortunately, I'm preoccupied with other things at the moment and have had to set aside doing Xposed module development work. If you or anyone else wants to experiment and submit a PR for it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't Core Patch support this?
Core patch isn't working with A13 :(
Thank you for sharing Core Patch. I wasn't aware of its existence. Even though it doesn't work on Android 13, it might be able to serve as a good resource for me to figure out where I need to hook.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My bad in ment installing packages with different signatures still gives a error. And yes i got CorePatch installed and activated in Lsposed, as well as LP. I'm trying to install a mod apk on top of original apk. Which always used to work with luckypatcher disable signature verification settings in earlier versions of Android, (Last time i tried was either Android 10 or 11. But now on Android 13 it says the package conflicts with a already installed app. I'm on Pixel 6 Pro latest Android 13 public version if that helps. I could downgrade to Android 12, 12L and try again if that's the case
    I can look in to fixing it, but it's going to take me a while, as I currently have several other projects that have a higher priority.
    Wow, thanks its really works!
    Great! Even so, I'll look into adding these features to Let Me Downgrade when time permits.
    Maybe you can check how xDowngrader work (it's from WAtweaker developer), it work for any android version from 9 to 13. Been using it since, like, forever.
    At the time when I released this module, XDowngrader did not work on Android 13. Since then, XDowngrader has been updated, but I still provide this module as an alternative since it offers users a little more control over when downgrade checking is and is not performed.

ic_launcher-playstore.png
    Let Me Downgrade​

Android's app installation system does not allow users to downgrade to an older version of an app when they already have a newer version installed. Let Me Downgrade is an Xposed module for Android 12 and 13 that enables users to bypass this restriction. As an added bonus, Let Me Downgrade provides a Quick Settings tile to easily enable and disable the downgrade block.

⚠️ WARNING: Let Me Downgrade is intended for rooted devices running Android 12 or 13 and requires Xposed. The recommended Xposed variant to use is LSPosed. Other Xposed variants may work, but have not been tested. Additionally, this module cannot be guaranteed to work on all devices. In the worst case, it can cause a bootloop. Use at your own risk.

To use Let Me Downgrade:
    1. Install LSposed. This requires your device to be rooted with Magisk. Installation instructions for LSPosed are available here.
    2. Install Let Me Downgrade.
    3. Activate the Let Me Downgrade module in the LSposed user interface.
      1.png
      2.png
    4. Reboot your device and sign in.
      3.png
    5. Open the quick settings panel. The Let Me Downgrade tile will appear.
      4.png
    6. Toggle the Let Me Downgrade tile on or off to enable or disable it.
    Nice work! I assume this does not have backward compatibility, i.e. it won't work on older Android versions, and only supports Android 13? Also, consider submitting it in the Xposed-Modules-Repo. :)
    Thank you! Unfortunately, this does not have backwards compatibility with older versions of Android. Adding support for allowing downgrades on Android 5 through 12 would actually be pretty easy, but adding support for the quick settings tile to toggle the module on and off would not be, and I do not really think that it is worth the effort of doing so considering that anyone using Android 5-12 will probably already be using XDowngrader.

I should also note that the developer of XDowngrader actually published an update to support Android 13 soon after I published this module, however I would recommend that Android 13 users opt for my module instead because:
    1. Let Me Downgrade is open source but XDowngrader is not.
    2. Let Me Downgrade allows you to toggle the module's functionality on and off without rebooting your phone through a Quick Settings tile. This is useful for if you want to temporarily allow app downgrades, but would prefer to leave app downgrades disabled in most other cases.

As far as publishing on the Xposed Modules Repo is concerned, I have actually done that! The repo entry for this module is available here.
    @David B.

When time permits, I can and will research this. Unfortunately, I'm preoccupied with other things at the moment and have had to set aside doing Xposed module development work. If you or anyone else wants to experiment and submit a PR for it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't Core Patch support this?
    Core patch isn't working with A13 :(
    Thank you for sharing Core Patch. I wasn't aware of its existence. Even though it doesn't work on Android 13, it might be able to serve as a good resource for me to figure out where I need to hook.
    Could you add support for android 11 and 12. That would be pretty nice!
    I can add support for Android 12 pretty easily, but anything older than that, I don't think so because the Quick Settings tiles may not work and I don't have a phone to test it on.
    Maybe you can check how xDowngrader work (it's from WAtweaker developer), it work for any android version from 9 to 13. Been using it since, like, forever.
    At the time when I released this module, XDowngrader did not work on Android 13. Since then, XDowngrader has been updated, but I still provide this module as an alternative since it offers users a little more control over when downgrade checking is and is not performed.