• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

gerhardo

Aug 23, 2013
Sony Xperia 5 II
This is a very bad news.
I have no task killers,
only 'Disable Service' and 'App Quarantine' that aren't getting in touch with Xposed Additions.
For this reason I'm wondering if any other people have experienced this issue,
it's really strange that in my case Xposed Additions is being killed by Android and no one else is experiencing that..
Any ideas of how prevent Android to kill Xposed Additions?

It is likely 'Disable Service' that causes your problem. If the program has a log, it should explain what services that are killed, maybe the service in Xposed Additions has a different name than you expect or that 'Disable Service' kills more than it should?
If no log in that app, use adb logcat.

xdateobotta

May 26, 2014
It is likely 'Disable Service' that causes your problem. If the program has a log, it should explain what services that are killed, maybe the service in Xposed Additions has a different name than you expect or that 'Disable Service' kills more than it should?
If no log in that app, use adb logcat.

Ok,
I've uninstalled 'Disable Service' in order to understand if it was causing problems but no luck: the volume button wakes the phone only a few seconds after the screen-lock.
Could you please tell me how to correctly use the adb logcat command to retrieve these log messages?

Anyway there is one thing that is really strange: if I keep pressing and pressing (and pressing...) the volume down button the screen wakes up.
This is not compatible with the theory of the killed Xposed Additions, don't you think?

Thank you

Last edited:

xXYoshiXx

Oct 29, 2012
Are there any news on when the shortcuts feature will be included? If it will take a while, allowing app launch while the screen is off would be an alternative for Tasker users.

dionysos77

Jan 19, 2007
Are there any news on when the shortcuts feature will be included? If it will take a while, allowing app launch while the screen is off would be an alternative for Tasker users.
I'm also looking for the same thing to be able to use llama shortcuts via button combinations.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

gerhardo

Aug 23, 2013
Sony Xperia 5 II

dk_cool-zero has not been active for some time, so it is hard to say.
App Shortcuts are documented from the shortcut app perspective only, so it is a little guessing from the invoker (Xposed Additions would be similar to a launcher here).
I took a look at it, it is not trivial. (I rather not spend time on it, a lot of time down the drain the first changes I did, not sure if my second attempt is accepted.)

I (temporary) enabled launching apps with screen off in my mod, a link in page 131.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Ok,
I've uninstalled 'Disable Service' in order to understand if it was causing problems but no luck: the volume button wakes the phone only a few seconds after the screen-lock.
Could you please tell me how to correctly use the adb logcat command to retrieve these log messages?

Anyway there is one thing that is really strange: if I keep pressing and pressing (and pressing...) the volume down button the screen wakes up.
This is not compatible with the theory of the killed Xposed Additions, don't you think?

Well, something kills the Xposed Additions service, it tries to restart and eventually it succeeds.

Ask the net for adb logcat or Android logcat to get a complete log around the time with the problem.

xdateobotta

May 26, 2014
dk_cool-zero has not been active for some time, so it is hard to say.
App Shortcuts are documented from the shortcut app perspective only, so it is a little guessing from the invoker (Xposed Additions would be similar to a launcher here).
I took a look at it, it is not trivial. (I rather not spend time on it, a lot of time down the drain the first changes I did, not sure if my second attempt is accepted.)

I (temporary) enabled launching apps with screen off in my mod, a link in page 131.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Well, something kills the Xposed Additions service, it tries to restart and eventually it succeeds.

Ask the net for adb logcat or Android logcat to get a complete log around the time with the problem.

Ok,
I'll try to logcat.
In the meantime I can say that it works correctly only if the device is not in the 'awake' status (from battery stats).
I'm experiencing an 'always awake' problem with Google Play Services (version 4.4.52): when this problem comes up, the battery drains a lot faster because the phone never go to sleep, but the volume down button always wakes the phone (as it should).

Cheers!

gerhardo

Aug 23, 2013
Sony Xperia 5 II
Switching; and device reboots to "safe mode". Looks like "quick" reboot (just GUI, not kernel boots), but with "Safe mode" text in the corner after boot, and, IIRC, some error messages unrelated to the problem.

I also got the reboot problem when repeatedly using LastApp.
Fix will be included in next version of my mod.

Edit: Fixed in 3.2.2.5, link in page 131. Not fixed in official yet.

Last edited:

2_i

May 22, 2013
Broken rotations in version 3

One of my main uses of Xposed Additions is for predictable rotations of the screen. On my Xperia Tipo Dual, stock/Android 4.0.4, I use the extra key there for switching SIM, not very useful in practice in its original function, to accomplish the rotations: long press for a rotation to the left, short - to the right. With version 3 in all its variants the following happened: (a) all key definitions had to be entered from scratch, (b) no matter how I assigned the rotations to my short/long press, I could not get the screen to rotate as before. In my memory, Rotation Right started toggling between right and left and Left did about the same, at least nothing distinct or desirable. I could document it better if there was an interest.

For my own purposes, I returned to the version 2.3.8, which works fine for me right now, but I worry that some incompatibilities may develop with time as e.g. when Installer is rewritten again. Are there any plans to deal with rotations in Xposed Additions, even just retaining the previous functionality under some extra names for the rotations? In some of discussions in this thread, one could sense that changes in the rotations were made intentionally. Unfortunately, for me these changes rendered the new functionality unusable. Thanks.

gerhardo

Aug 23, 2013
Sony Xperia 5 II
(a) all key definitions had to be entered from scratch, (b) no matter how I assigned the rotations to my short/long press, I could not get the screen to rotate as before. In my memory, Rotation Right started toggling between right and left and Left did about the same, at least nothing distinct or desirable.

a) The information is stored differently, so you have to enter information again.
b) There were requests to change flip rotation to only handle portrait/landscape, I guess dk-cool_zero listened to that. (flip right/left makes the same now)

2_i

May 22, 2013
There were requests to change flip rotation to only handle portrait/landscape, I guess dk-cool_zero listened to that. (flip right/left makes the same now)

OK, I installed 3.2.2 again and can list all the problems for the rotations: a) no difference between Orientation Right and Left b) first click rotates in one direction, next does nothing, third goes back. Sometimes the action goes into some state of nowhere, see in particular next c) every once in a while the version 3.2.2 fails to intercept the click and the original default action for the key is executed. The latter might be true for other keys/actions, but I never encountered that before 3+ and I evacuate myself back to 2.3.8 as there is no point struggling with a broken app.

moviecut

May 26, 2010
Lingen
Its so good in addition to the omate truesmart. This smartwatch has only 2 physical buttons. With this add-on i can define all actions i need! The only thing that i whould like to see is, define a custom app for screen-off condition! Sounds stupid at first, but this whould help against sleep-of-death problems (device didnt wake up)...i could define a long-press condition, that loads a reboot app when screen is off..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

gabripranzo

Aug 26, 2012
Hi all, I wish to use this module to remap home key to answer, but it seems this way it also makes end call. Because of that, you can't move on to another screen during a call.
Is there any solution?
Thanks!

btort1

Oct 20, 2013
Is there any way I can enable holding the home button while the screen is off to turn on the camera?

It doesn't have to be the home button, could be volume etc

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
Okay, so I had to take some time off of my free time projects, but I should be back for a while. At the moment, I have begun to track down the damn capacitive identification issue that is the cause of the Haptic Feedback issues. After decompiling a few stock ROM's, I think there might be a chance that this is a small issue in XposedBridge. Not sure, but have written to revo in order to get he's thoughts on it.

Also I have started to look into adding shortcut support. If someone has issues not yet reported on Email, then please post them again, as I am not gonna read so far back. If you have sent an Email, then there is no need to re-post anything, I will go through those at some point.

@gerhardo

I have seen your patches posted on github. Once I get time, I will try this out on my own device for a few days to see how well it works. Still not sure about having so many combo's, as I fear it could cause to many conflicts, as in a user wants one action, but accidentally invokes another.

Also there is the subject of GB support, which I remember was removed in your patch last time I looked at it.

Hi all, I wish to use this module to remap home key to answer, but it seems this way it also makes end call. Because of that, you can't move on to another screen during a call.
Is there any solution?
Thanks!

I can add an individual Answer and Hangup key to the remap list.

Is there any way I can enable holding the home button while the screen is off to turn on the camera?

This might be possible, but not a priority. It takes a lot of code to trigger the lock screen camera action and it differs from different ROM's. I will look at it once the more pressing things is done.

gabripranzo

Aug 26, 2012
I can add an individual Answer and Hangup key to the remap list.
Thanks. Samsung TouchWiz has the option to answer with home button, but once you have answered it behaves as usual and doesn't interfere with calls anymore.
In case you want to end call usually you can set the power button for this.
It would be great if you could allow the same.
Thanks for your great module.

Sent from Galaxy Note 8.0 GT–N5100

moviecut

May 26, 2010
Lingen
I added "reboot if Power is pressed for more than 15s" in my mod (link on page on page 131). Not the same as being built in to the device (or ROM) and I have not yet seen that it works if the device hangs, it depends on how the hanging.

Wow, nice! I will see if that helps, when my device hangs next time. Thank you so much for your fast help. Buying the pro-version was a good decision ;)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

gerhardo

Aug 23, 2013
Sony Xperia 5 II
@gerhardo

I have seen your patches posted on github. Once I get time, I will try this out on my own device for a few days to see how well it works. Still not sure about having so many combo's, as I fear it could cause to many conflicts, as in a user wants one action, but accidentally invokes another.

Also there is the subject of GB support, which I remember was removed in your patch last time I looked at it.

I cherry-picked a few more changes from my working branch to the pull request.
Looking forward to get patches merged.

The extended combos only make a difference if you configure them. If you only configure click/long-press, there is less intervention than now (as double click is always checked now).

While I have not tested GB, I do not know about changes affecting GB. There are even some correction, disabling events that should fail in GB.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

App Shortcut is your best option here.

It could be possible to start apps when screen is off. I temporarily added that in my mod (link on page 131). This is not something I expect to (or that I have asked for) getting merged.
When the app is launched when screen is off, it normally still not act on any key presses, so it will not do much also if you map the Camera button when screen is off.

With App Shortcuts you could script something though.
Hopefully something dk_zero-cool can add.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xposed Additions - XposedBridge Module that provides additional ROM settings

When I switched device from HTC One X to Samsung GS3, I quickly noticed one extremely annoying thing, the position of the power button. I could not touch the device in any way (Like to put it in the pocket) without the damn display turning on, and when you like me set up the device to never turn off the screen automatically, this is not a good thing.

It did not take long before I pulled down the sources for CM10.1 and added a small feature which allowed me to disable the damn power button whenever the screen was off. The main issue with doing this, is that you need to re-compile the whole ROM on every update and you also need to add the feature to any other ROM you might wish to try out.

Then came XposedBridge and just by creating a small module, I could now add this feature and more to any ROM without altering the ROM source, and without recompiling anything when I want to try another ROM.

But like always, there is always improvements to be made and requests from users. So now this module is a growing Power and Button Re-map controller allowing you to setup your device and it's buttons just the way you would like. The Re-map option support Clicks, Double Clicks and Long Press, you can add whatever button you like that your devices has and you can Re-map it to do almost anything.

Supported ROM's

Source

Downloads

Changelog

This modified module does not see "pro" version. I can not use combo keys like power+volup because of this, such combos are "pro" features.

All pro features are unlockedby making XService.isUnlocked return true. Starting at line 372:
    Code:
     @Override
    	public boolean isUnlocked() {
    		//return mContextSystem.getPackageManager().checkSignatures(Common.PACKAGE_NAME, Common.PACKAGE_NAME_PRO) == PackageManager.SIGNATURE_MATCH;
    		return true;
    	}

Without this hack you'd need to match the signature of the fixed module with the siganture of the pro module. I have no clue about signing, so I'm out :D

//Edit: I made a release with this and the changes above, v3.6.5: https://github.com/sven-cnrd/xposed-additions/releases/download/v3.6.5/xposedAdditions_3.6.5.apk
    I have bought full version years ago. Now on Nougat I'd like to use it as on older devices. Please... No app is better, even those suggested above.

I'm still experimenting with the source code. Unfortunately I have almost no time for this (2 kids), but I need this module myself (alternatives sucks IMHO). So sooner or later I'll get it done, even if I'd need to rewrite the preference storage from scratch.
    Don't expect anything to be published from me soon, if you need this quick do it yourself.
    That's interesting. Where exactly did you add the delay? And what are the side effects?

In file XService.java line 144, just added SystemClock.sleep(60000); before the pokeAppPreferenceService(...).

In the meantime I found a solution that is clean enough for me to keep it that way. All I did was to replace line 144 in XService.java
    Code:
            pokeAppPreferenceService(PokeType.RESTORE_SETTINGS);

with these lines
    Code:
            mContextSystem.registerReceiver(new BroadcastReceiver() {
                @Override
                public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {
                    pokeAppPreferenceService(PokeType.RESTORE_SETTINGS);
                }
            }, new IntentFilter(Intent.ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED));

This will delay the call enough to make it work.

In case anybody wants to test the changes without building the module I can attach the debug build of the module that I am using myself.

Edit: I attached the apk that I created myself. It has version 3.6.4 to distinguish it from the latest official release but beside the fix above it has no changes.
    An RC version has been uploaded to the first post.

• The wake issue on some Samsung ROM's (where the screen turns on during all key presses) should be fixed.
    • The kill application action has been rebuild (custom and no longer based on the CM version). It should now kill the foreground (and only the foreground) application at all times.
    • The issue of configurations still not being saved on all ROM's during reboot should also be fixed.
    • The part controlling key events have been changed a bit in hopes of fixing the screen on delay on some ROM's (Feedback please).
    • The issue with some of the HTC devices and their capacitive buttons might be fixed. If not, please install the debug version a few pages back and provide some logs.
    • Added a new application list builder with scrolling cache and loading feature. This should take care of the FC issues on some devices with 500/700+ apps installed. This I would really like some feedback on. I have about 100 apps installed on my device, so not the best one to test this new feature on.
    And I have also added a Last Application Toggle action (Just so that this is not only about bug fixes). It will toggle between the current application and the last. It's like Alt+Tab, except that it only toggles between the two most recent once (Launcher not included).