[MOD][XPOSED][2018/6/29 1.2]XRecorder (for Xperia Marshmallow and higher)

Search This thread

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
@SteveR001, I've just completed the next version to support delete option. You can control this feature in the setting screen. Please try and let me know your result.

Attachments

• XRecorder_1.1-06221124.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

SteveR001

Jun 16, 2018
Hi Andy
I've installed and tested.

The notification to delete only stays in the notification list for about 5 second then removes itself.
Of you click on the delete option during those 5 seconds the recorded file isn't deleted. It's still there when I look in the folder.
The option to enable delete in the menu is there ok.
The recording location menu option is greyed out, it was in the previous version. I was wondering if this is correct.
Regards
Steve

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

Hi Andy

Sorry just tried the notification removal delay slide and that works ok.
The call is still not removed when I click delete though.

Would it be possible to have a setting at the end on the side to not remove the notification if I don't open the notification within the time period.
Regards
Steve

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Hi Andy
I've installed and tested.

The notification to delete only stays in the notification list for about 5 second then removes itself.
Of you click on the delete option during those 5 seconds the recorded file isn't deleted. It's still there when I look in the folder.
The option to enable delete in the menu is there ok.
The recording location menu option is greyed out, it was in the previous version. I was wondering if this is correct.
Regards
Steve

I wonder if it's permission issue. Anyway, I've made a new build to properly grant permission in the setting screen. Please go to the setting screen at least once to grant the permission. If it still dones't work, please send me the full Xposed log.

Attachments

• XRecorder_1.1-06231418.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 18

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Hi Andy

Sorry just tried the notification removal delay slide and that works ok.
The call is still not removed when I click delete though.

Would it be possible to have a setting at the end on the side to not remove the notification if I don't open the notification within the time period.
Regards
Steve

You mean you want an option to have the notification to stay there?

SteveR001

Jun 16, 2018
Hi Andy

Yes for it to stay so I can delete later if I forget to delete after the call, to avoid having to go into a file explorer.
Installing new version now.

Steve

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Hi Andy
The call delete now works with the permission set on the new version.
The call record location is still greyed out though.

Regards
Steve

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Hi Andy

Yes for it to stay so I can delete later if I forget to delete after the call, to avoid having to go into a file explorer.
Installing new version now.

Steve

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Hi Andy
The call delete now works with the permission set on the new version.
The call record location is still greyed out though.

Regards
Steve

Just made this version. Now you can set timeout as 0 to disable notification to be removed automatically. As for the recording location, it's determined by the module automatically. Seems it's no longer supported in our version.

Attachments

• XRecorder_1.1-06231546.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Sorry the last one was indeed a wrong file. Here's an updated version.

Attachments

• XRecorder_1.1-06232350.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
This is the final build I'm going to release later when there's no reported bugs. Please take a sneak peek.

Attachments

• XRecorder_2.0-06241031.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 113

pcz

Jan 6, 2011

I'm sorry, but my phone screen broke, and i wait to the service, but they couldn''t repair it till now :(

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

One more question. Does it working in devices which have 5.1.1 as well? ( for example Z1c)

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong

Vixificent

Jan 26, 2015
Thank you @itandy for a great work on that project. It has always worked flawlessly.
I am only wondering if the issue with the new Call UI in Xperia XZ Premium, XZ1 and newer has been adressed
(as mentioned in the beggining of this thread by @Guetto Design)?
Apparently older Xperias like X, Xc, XZ use older incall UI known from Z series (a lot of white and blue), while since XZ premium and XZ1 new call IU has been introduced I guess (black and plain)

Thanks a lot in advance!

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Thank you @itandy for a great work on that project. It has always worked flawlessly.
I am only wondering if the issue with the new Call UI in Xperia XZ Premium, XZ1 and newer has been adressed
Apparently older Xperias like X, Xc, XZ use older incall UI known from Z series (a lot of white and blue), while since XZ premium and XZ1 new call IU has been introduced I guess (black and plain)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Unfortunately this module relies heavily on a specific version of the dialer. If the new dialer has too much difference from the old one, then this module won't work. A new design will be required.

Reactions: Vixificent

Vixificent

Jan 26, 2015
Alright, this is what I suspected. Then I guess I would have to replace the new Call Ui with the old one. I hope I would not bootloop though.
Thank you!

Tanaziof

May 20, 2018
On my Z2 it only records outgoing calls. For incoming calls it "starts recording" only after I hung up.
For both, incoming and outgoing calls, it doesn't stop recording until I stop the call recording app in the app info.

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
I sent it via e-mail to the address you posted a few pages earlier.
This time incoming and outgoing calls were not recorded. The recording for both started after I ended the calls.
The only call that was actually recorded was the very first one.

Sorry that at this moment I'm unable to locate the source for your problem. As a general practice, can you try disabling all other Xposed modules, reboot and try again? Just want to make sure it's not a module conflict issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Xposed module was originally developed by cinhoo but it stopped working since Marshmallow. I only use the source code and added support for Marshmallow and later Xperia firmware.

Requirements
    1. Sony Xperia phone
    2. Your phone must be rooted
    3. Xposed framework must be installed first http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

Instructions
    1. Install the module
    2. Run Xposed Installer and enable the module XRecorder (for Marshmallow and higher)
    3. Flash the XZ3_CallRecording_signed.zip in recovery

Source code
    You can find source code for this module from GitHub here.

Download
    Xposed Module Repository

Credits
    Original XRecorder module for Lollipop and lower

Disclaimer
    Call recording is illegal in some countries. Please make sure call recording is legal in your region before using this module. I'm not responsible for any consequence.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Unfortunately this module relies heavily on a specific version of the dialer. If the new dialer has too much difference from the old one, then this module won't work. A new design will be required.