[MOD][XPOSED][4.0.3+] WhatsApp Mods - simple but helpful improvements to WhatsApp

Search This thread

niceguy1430

Mar 29, 2014
Something weird noticed. When I try to forward a picture or audio file by holding it within a chat and clicking the forward arrow, I can see the groups highlighted in my chosen colour. But in regular chats, I cant see it like earlier. Some hint there for #Jayshah to work on this and get the Group Highlight feature back. Release note says that the feature is fixed in the latest WA versions, but its not :(

Sholari

May 8, 2017
Expiry Check

Hey, after whatsapp launched the pins feature the disable expiry check is not working anymore..., can you find a way to fix it?

thanks

Reactions: Naveenjotron

Atharkhan101

Account currently disabled
I have installed and tested multiple mods of whatsapp. None of them offer the needed features, even if they have they are not working properly. Please refer the attached picture. And please PM me to know if there is any mod developed with all the features included and working properly.

Attachments

• IMG_20180617_114036.jpg
    IMG_20180617_114036.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 282
Mar 13, 2017
Do you think we can still make this project work since the Xposed repository is gone? Will the expiry check feature still function as it should? 🤔

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I would like to present my second Xposed Mod. I'm uploading this one too since the Waze one had some interest, so I hope this one can be of use to other people too.

Useful modifications to WhatsApp. Currently includes:

• Removal of the voice and/or camera buttons from the conversation view
    • The ability to keep the contact list (called "New Chat" in WhatsApp) in your history, so when you launch a conversation using it and then press the back button, it doesn't skip straight back to the main conversations list.
    • Highlight group conversations in a custom color in the main chat list (and contact picker).
    • Disable WhatsApp expiry check

Changelog can be found here.

Removal of the camera and/or voice buttons

Some time ago, WhatsApp added the "audio voice" feature. I found it hindered significantly more than it helped: if you tapped it accidentally, it would vibrate and emit a notification-like sound. And, I would do this repeatedly and so never found this useful (I don't use voice messaging).

More time passes, and they add a camera icon. This is more useful, and personally I'd prefer if that was the only one. So - I wrote this (it's also open source: https://github.com/jaysh/xposed-whatsapp). It's entirely configurable based on what you would like.

Before (with both camera and voice visible):
    before.png

After (no voice, no camera - you can choose which combination you'd like):
    after-no-camera-no-voice.png

(Note: in all cases, the "send message" button will appear after you start typing, as it always would. Additionally, disabling sending still allows you to receive them.)

Keep contact list in the history

When navigating to a conversation via the "contact list" (main WhatsApp screen > "New Chat" on the action bar > Select a contact) and you press the back key, rather than returning to the contact list, it returns you back to the main WhatsApp screen with your list of conversations - which can be a little frustrating.

This mod allows you to "go back" to the contact list, so you can chat uninterrupted.

How to install

Recommended method: install via the Xposed module installer - search for "WhatsApp Mods"

Alternatively, for offline installation, you can use this APK: http://dl-count.xposed.info/modules/sh.jay.xposed.whatsapp_v4_da029a.apk

Please do let me know if any comments/feedback. If you are looking for other features, you may well find them over at WhatsAppX.

Thanks!
    Jay
    Hey all,

Just to give you a quick update on the status of the module. Due to time constraints, I won't be looking too much into adding new features - however, I would stress that I will continue to main it, with bugfixes, etc. Thanks to all those who suggested new features - if I ever get time to implement them, that's the list I will certainly return to.

Thanks,
    Jay
    The last seen time. Would it be possible to prevent it from changing? So that others can only see the time at which it was blocked using this module. Hope I made myself clear now?

I had an experiment with this, and it's horribly complicated at the network level because the network traffic is encrypted in the application *and* the application has its code obfuscated.

I'm considering trying a hack, one that would flick the setting to "my contacts" long enough that it'd reload the conversation and fetch the time, then flick it back. But, that'd need considerable testing.

Those are much better ideas for differentiating groups from normal conversations. I like the different coloured background one a little more, think it will be easier to differentiate at a quick glance.

Good news, I have a proof-of-concept for this. It's quite intricate, so I'll be testing it myself for a few days before I place the beta on the repository.

Wow .. Great mod bro..
    One more request that -you know WhatsApp keep pushing notification until we open the WhatsApp and read it , its really annoying .. Can you do something so that once I CLEAR the notification it doesn't show up again.. Thanks again bro..

Thanks. I've also had this issue. Tracking this as https://github.com/jaysh/xposed-whatsapp/issues/11.
    Wow .. Great mod bro..
    One more request that -you know WhatsApp keep pushing notification until we open the WhatsApp and read it , its really annoying .. Can you do something so that once I CLEAR the notification it doesn't show up again.. Thanks again bro..
    Great work, personally I don't have problem with these buttons ... do you think you could change a weird behavior when you are view whatsapp contact list then select a contact, then press back and whatsapp returns to chat list instead contact list?