• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+] RootCloak - Completely Hide Root from Specific Apps [2014-01-14]

Search This thread

hikaritenchi

Jan 17, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Forgive me for not reading all 92 pages, but can root cloak work without xposed, having flashed the apk itself from another phone in which xposed did install successfully which gave me access to root cloak in the first place?

Trying to install on my Samsung s5 neo (used as a tablet) but xposed = boot loops. Known issue with this device it seems. Got rid of the boot loop via a backup but no dice on installing the xposed properly/functional

Unfortunately no, it relies on xposed to do the magic of hiding root. The app will most likely just crash. D:

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
Unfortunately no, it relies on xposed to do the magic of hiding root. The app will most likely just crash. D:

Any advice then on xposed without boot loop? on S5 Neo? Ive been running it on lollipop (as a tablet) but id like to try MM - but at least on lollipop the xposed installer warned me that my model doesnt work well, which then led me to a boot loop when installing direct from the installer. which luckily i had a backup just made. are there other more reliable ways? Id like to stick with stock but rooted

hikaritenchi

Jan 17, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Any advice then on xposed without boot loop? on S5 Neo? Ive been running it on lollipop (as a tablet) but id like to try MM - but at least on lollipop the xposed installer warned me that my model doesnt work well, which then led me to a boot loop when installing direct from the installer. which luckily i had a backup just made. are there other more reliable ways? Id like to stick with stock but rooted

I haven't been rooted for many years, so I can't help directly there, sorry.

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
Doesn't work with BDO Digital Banking app from Playstore. Android 11, and latest LSposed to date (1.4.7). Anyone managed to make this work on BDO? That app's a biatch. Won't work even with magiskhide, sudohide, and now, rootcloack.

S7fb1

Feb 28, 2019
I got my stubborn bank app to work on android 11 with lsposed magisk and rootcloak

You gotta add lsposed and magisk to the keyword part - then it works!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What does this module do?
    Some apps, such as finance/banking, enterprise, or audio/video apps will not run if your phone is rooted. This module allows you to run apps that detect root without disabling root. You select from a list of your installed apps (or add a custom entry), and using a variety of methods, it will completely and transparently hide the signs of root from that app.

Get Started Here
    If you have Xposed already installed, you can simply install RootCloak from the Xposed modules repo.
    More detail instructions for how to use RootCloak are available here: https://github.com/devadvance/rootcloak/wiki/How-to-use-RootCloak
    RootCloak is available on the Xposed Modules Repo here: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.devadvance.rootcloak2

Other Important Links

Main Contributors
    • @devadvance
    • @hikaritenchi - I can't say thank you enough to him, as he has been keeping RootCloak going despite me being mostly out of contact
    • For other contributors, check the CHANGELOG and the commits on Github

Other Important Information
    • On 2015-09-07, the package name for RootCloak was changed from com.devadvance.rootcloak to com.devadvance.rootcloak2 as part of a build system change. To update from versions below 1.5, you must uninstall any previous version before installing 1.5 or later.
    • Please note that RootCloak is released under the Apache Version 2.0 License. For information about this license, see here: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Screenshots
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    Hi everyone, big announcement.

RootCloak is back! (thanks devadvance!)

v2.0 will have ADB hiding, and development should be swifter going forward.
    Okay, It's been a while. I'll try and take over the project, so there might be some confusion as there are likely to be two RootCloak apps in xposed for a bit. If anyone has experience with publishing to xposed, please let me know.
    Native hooking will be hopefully fully fixed for users with Lollipop and newer in next beta :)
    Everything may change in terms of successfully cloaked apps since RootCloak 3.0 will be able to disable native root detection (only root is required for this feature :D hehe) :)

Expect more goodies in v3.0 :D