• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+] XThemeEngine beta5 - Theme engine for any rooted phone

dully79

Apr 29, 2010
res/drawable
droidcandy.weebly.com
XDA summed up in two posts:

Hmmmmmmmmm....................

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
This post which means absolutely nothing gets 5 thanks...

New ported theme, one of the greatest theme available for theme chooser is now on stock rom.

alphaBlue by ock
And this helpful post which has 114 downloads gets 8 thanks, go figure.:eek:

Anyway, why dont the the Sony crew create xml's applicable for Semc, the Samsung ASBO's create xml's for Touchwiz and the HTC posse create Sense xml's for redirections. Then post them up to share and add to themes to be more complete. I can do Semc but not until Sunday/Monday.

cartmenicus

Nov 27, 2011
British columbia

Anyway, why dont the the Sony crew create xml's applicable for Semc, the Samsung ASBO's create xml's for Touchwiz and the HTC posse create Sense xml's for redirections. Then post them up to share and add to themes to be more complete. I can do Semc but not until Sunday/Monday.
I'll work on the semc ones as well! But semc won't need much changing ad they are already close accept for frameworks... tw and sense will be a challenge!

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
That'd be lovely:)

I noticed even the simple H+ signal id is changed by Sony from hp to h_plus.:D

Tapatalked from my bricked TX

dully79

Apr 29, 2010
res/drawable
droidcandy.weebly.com
I'm going to redirect any images that are basically duplicates with semc_ names, to use the android framework image i.e:

semc_btn_check_off_disabled_focused_holo_dark.png
To
btn_check_off_disable_focused_holo_dark.png

<item name="drawable/semc_btn_check_off_disabled_focused_holo_dark">@drawable/framework_res_btn_check_off_disable_focused_holo_dark</item>

Hopefully this will work and keep the drawable folders size to a minimum.

The Sony framework and overlay is worse than Shamsung.
The last time i looked at Touchwiz the images were basically the same with "tw" prefixed. If this is still the case it will be a walk in the park.
I haven't looked at Sense in 2 years so i couldn't comment.

cookiepuppy

Jan 19, 2013
Works on LG optimus black, :highfive:, most of the themes i found are changing some of the stuff, i understand the limitations, so now just to find some themes for my optimus B, hope i can find something to see how it runs and then decide if im smart enough to try and create one on my own. :fingers-crossed::good:

Last edited:

lw_wl

Dec 22, 2011
Test this
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26457722/pxl.apk

It an old theme, i just try to port it.
Don't expect much, it won't be exactly the same as the screenshot, the limitation explained by ruqqq in the first post.
thx bro! it works on LG Optimus 3D ! this theme engine sounds promising! thx!

i really wanna try porting some theme, how ever i got no luck on any of them.╮(╯_╰'')╭

Reactions: charmidz

pierx

Dec 3, 2011

Haha, it doesn't really matter to me at all, xda has been free platform to share :p
@DjDarkknight has been helpful to this site, especially at faint heart theme thread and that means users are expecting something from him now :p...

(By the way alphaBlue is a paid theme on playstore but @ock gave a green light to share with us so credit goes to him too).

It'll be great if those who work with semc, touchwiz, or sense to upload their xmls for xtheme redirection.
I'm still waiting the @ruqqq for the update though.

I'll work on the semc ones as well! But semc won't need much changing ad they are already close accept for frameworks... tw and sense will be a challenge!

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium
I'm going to redirect any images that are basically duplicates with semc_ names, to use the android framework image i.e:

semc_btn_check_off_disabled_focused_holo_dark.png
To
btn_check_off_disable_focused_holo_dark.png

<item name="drawable/semc_btn_check_off_disabled_focused_holo_dark">@drawable/framework_res_btn_check_off_disable_focused_holo_dark</item>

Hopefully this will work and keep the drawable folders size to a minimum.

The Sony framework and overlay is worse than Shamsung.
The last time i looked at Touchwiz the images were basically the same with "tw" prefixed. If this is still the case it will be a walk in the park.
I haven't looked at Sense in 2 years so i couldn't comment.
Great :good:
btw redirecting touchwiz takes time though and some parts just doesn't get redirected :(

Lmfao, to you it means nothing but to those five people it does. :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
It means you have an obligation now to make something with this module :p

thx bro! it works on LG Optimus 3D ! this theme engine sounds promising! thx!

i really wanna try porting some theme, how ever i got no luck on any of them.╮(╯_╰'')╭
Thanks, enjoy it ;)

lovermed

Apr 15, 2011
Nabeul
i will port some themes starting from monday(i know its a bit late but i dont have any freetime till then).i promise to port many themes including any requested one as long as its free in playstore
Thank you a lot can you plz port themes with black background as it is suitable for amoled screens

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

Namoi

Oct 14, 2011
Hi,

This module is totally amazing.

I just ask myself if it could work for other system app or is it systemui centered?

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
On Xperia phones(on T/TX/V at least), any way to change the icons in the settings as well? I've looked at drawable-xhdpi in framework-res and can't find those there. Where does those icons actually reside? TIA

Edit: nvm, I should have looked at settings.apk :D

Tapatalked from my bricked TX

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone