[MOD][XPOSED][4.2+] XLockSecuritySlide: Lockscreen: Slide + security

Search This thread

kleest

Jun 11, 2013
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hi xda-community,

I would like to share my first (and extremly simple ;)) Xposed module with you.
This module allows you to slide before you have to draw/type in your security pattern/pin/whatever. It is particularly useful if you use CyanogenMod (or other ROMs, that allow App shortcuts in lockscreens) and want to use both shortcuts AND a security pattern/pin/whatever. It works similiar to HTC's Sense UI (3.x).

ROMs modified by manufacturers are known to have issues with this module (see below).

Code:
You install and use this module at your own risk!
I am not responsible for any damage it might cause to your beloved device!

Please note, that there is a sad bug present by using App shortcuts (in CM etc.) in lockscreen, which decreases the usability: You have to "unlock" your device with your pattern/pin/whatever twice. If you just unlock you don't have to do it twice. Therefore I rate this module as alpha. I would be very happy if someone has a solution to this problem :).

Supported ROMs
TESTED and CONFIRMED WORKING:
AOSP:
- 4.3 (JellyBean)
- 4.4 (KitKat)

AOSP based:
- CM 10.2 (JellyBean 4.3)

Stock/OEM ROMs:
- Asus: 4.2 (JellyBean)
- Sony Xperia: 4.2 (JellyBean) - 4.4 (KitKat)

Should work on:
- 4.2+ (JellyBean) (lockscreen has been overhauled in 4.2, therefore no <= 4.1)
- 4.4 (KitKat)
- all AOSP based ROMs (CM, AOKP, Para, etc.) with Android 4.2+

Unsupported/problematic ROMs
ROMs modified by manufacturers are known to have issues with this module:
Samsung (TouchWiz):
- 4.2/4.3: simply does not work
- 4.4: has less issues, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51980630&postcount=52

Credits
@rovo89 Your framework is amazing!

Known bugs
- Using app shortcuts causes you to "unlock" your device twice (see above)
- App shortcut to browser does not work (needs confirmation..)

How to use
1. Install Xposed framework as described here
2. Download and install XLockSecuritySlide via Xposed Installer (or see below)
3. Enable XLockSecuritySlide in Xposed Installer
4. Reboot and enjoy!

HELP ME!
If something went wrong (e. g. unlockable device) you can use the flashable Xposed recovery disabler ZIP (see attachment of that post!), which disables Xposed and therefore this module. After that you can safely disable/uninstall this module and re-enable Xposed again!

Download
Xposed repository (http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.stevolk.xlocksecurityslide)
OR
see attachments

Source code
Release under Apache License 2.0: github

Changelog
0.4 (2014/04/15)
Compatiblity with Sony Xperia ROMs (Thanks to @greg2001!)

0.3 (2014/01/29)
Fixed security mode bypass by pressing back button
Fixed "popup" security mode; it is the normal one now

0.2 (2014/01/28)
Fix for KitKat

0.1 (2014/01/27)
initial release

Attachments

• XLockSecuritySlide_0.1.apk
    262.5 KB · Views: 800
  • XLockSecuritySlide_0.2.apk
    262.5 KB · Views: 242
  • XLockSecuritySlide_0.3.apk
    262.4 KB · Views: 508
  • XLockSecuritySlide_0.4.apk
    262.9 KB · Views: 1,879
Last edited:

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
Tested on Validus13 KK.....no go. Thanks for the work and sharing with the rest of us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

kleest

Jun 11, 2013
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Tested on Validus13 KK.....no go. Thanks for the work and sharing with the rest of us

KK fix released. Should work now. :cyclops:

Damn! :(

Anyway you could make it work on TouchWiz (GS4; Android 4.3)?! @Stevolk

Well thats really sad... The problem is, that I do not have a Samsung device to test it out. Moreover it requires some work because TW is closed source. I will look at this, if I have enough time!

anthonythangaraj

May 16, 2012
Chennai
www.anthony.co.in
@Stevolk bro It is working fine:good: in my Xperia ZR running Stock 4.3 Jelly bean. but there is a small bug :( . The Xperia swipe screen is fine, but the pattern screen becomes black, I approximately need to draw the pattern in order to unlock the screen. But when I enable AOSP lockscreen using GEM Xposed module, both AOSP lock screen & pattern lockscreen is working fine:D :victory:. Thanks for you work. Screens attached for your info

Sorry for my bad English:angel:

Attachments

• AOSP1.jpg
    AOSP1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 3,299
  • AOSP2.jpg
    AOSP2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,977
  • XperiaLock1.jpg
    XperiaLock1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 3,036
  • XperiaLock2.png
    XperiaLock2.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 2,698
Reactions: XUS24 and kleest

Ranomez

Jun 1, 2010
HTC One X+
HTC Desire HD
Great module, works as expected on my HTC One X+ with CM11 android 4.4.2 but after switching to an other security while the module was active (from password to pin in my case) the phone soft rebooted upon sliding the slider again.

Reactions: kleest

kleest

Jun 11, 2013
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
@Stevolk bro It is working fine:good: in my Xperia ZR running Stock 4.3 Jelly bean. but there is a small bug :( . The Xperia swipe screen is fine, but the pattern screen becomes black, I approximately need to draw the pattern in order to unlock the screen. But when I enable AOSP lockscreen using GEM Xposed module, both AOSP lock screen & pattern lockscreen is working fine:D :victory:. Thanks for you work. Screens attached for your info

Sorry for my bad English:angel:
Hm.. it seems, that my module isn't compatible with OEM customized lockscreens, TouchWiz does also have issues. I updated the first post with this information.

If I have time, I'll have a look but it has low priority.

Omg, thanks you so much :), finaly someone made it, was missing this feature since gb !

(Nexus 4, 4.4.2)
I was annoyed, that no module existed with this functionality so I made one myself ;) The only thing that isn't working correctly (except from compatibility with non-AOSP lockscreens like TouchWiz) is the double answering of security method if you use app shortcuts. :(

Great module, works as expected on my HTC One X+ with CM11 android 4.4.2 but after switching to an other security while the module was active (from password to pin in my case) the phone soft rebooted upon sliding the slider again.
Hm.. that is strange. I cannot reproduce this in AOSP 4.4.2 so far. :confused: Does it soft-reboot only one time after you switched the method or multiple times? Could you attach a logcat maybe?

Reactions: anthonythangaraj

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
LG G8
Samsung Galaxy S10e
0.2 does not work on LG Optimus G, stock 4.1.2 (bummer!), but works perfectly on Asus Memo Pad HD 7, stock 4.2.2 (yay!). Thanks a lot for this! Have been missing this feature since Disaster ROM on my previous SGS2...

kleest

Jun 11, 2013
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
0.2 does not work on LG Optimus G, stock 4.1.2 (bummer!), but works perfectly on Asus Memo Pad HD 7, stock 4.2.2 (yay!). Thanks a lot for this! Have been missing this feature since Disaster ROM on my previous SGS2...

Thanks for your feedback!
Any Android version below 4.2 is not supported because the lockscreen code has been heavily restructured in 4.2 ;)
Finally a stock ROM that works! :good:

Reactions: kt-Froggy

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
LG G8
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Thanks for your feedback!
Any Android version below 4.2 is not supported because the lockscreen code has been heavily restructured in 4.2 ;)
Ahh, OK, I should have read the OP more carefully... Makes sense. Thanks!

Finally a stock ROM that works! :good:
I can only guess that's because Asus didn't make a lot of customizations to the vanilla Android -- some, but not much... For example, TouchWiz or Sense are way more heavily customized in every aspect. I can say that other Xposed modules that are originally designed for AOSP ROMs actually work much better on my Asus tablet than on other devices, like Samsung or LG (I am talking about stock ROMs).

amey_gangal

Jun 30, 2012
Okay..big bug spotted
After swiping to get the pin/password/whatever if you hit the back button the security screen just disappears and the device is unlocked making the lock actually useless as it gets bypassed..
Can anyone else confirm this?
If so.. Dev please try to fix it ASAP

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
LG G8
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Okay..big bug spotted
After swiping to get the pin/password/whatever if you hit the back button the security screen just disappears and the device is unlocked making the lock actually useless as it gets bypassed..
On my tablet, the on-screen Back button doesn't activate until the device is actually unlocked, so, no bug for me (can't bypass the lock screen). Could be different with hardware nav buttons...

amey_gangal

Jun 30, 2012
Okay so apparently only the people with hardware buttons may see this happen

kennyboyismr47

Apr 16, 2012
Gold Coast, Queensland
Okay..big bug spotted
If so.. Dev please try to fix it ASAP

I found that happening on mine when I swiped across the camera then hit back to get out of it but I just tried swiping to get the pin then hitting back and it is unlocking like yours is. I'm on a Note 3 on 4.4.2.

rush25

Nov 12, 2011
Mumbai
thanks a lot for this :D

suggestion :-
when we slide then the secured lock comes in a box [See Screenshot 1]..can it be made to come in normal way [See Screenshot 2]

Screenshot_2014-01-29-14-06-19.png
Screenshot_2014-01-29-14-06-25.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi xda-community,

I would like to share my first (and extremly simple ;)) Xposed module with you.
    This module allows you to slide before you have to draw/type in your security pattern/pin/whatever. It is particularly useful if you use CyanogenMod (or other ROMs, that allow App shortcuts in lockscreens) and want to use both shortcuts AND a security pattern/pin/whatever. It works similiar to HTC's Sense UI (3.x).

ROMs modified by manufacturers are known to have issues with this module (see below).

Code:
    You install and use this module at your own risk!
    I am not responsible for any damage it might cause to your beloved device!

Please note, that there is a sad bug present by using App shortcuts (in CM etc.) in lockscreen, which decreases the usability: You have to "unlock" your device with your pattern/pin/whatever twice. If you just unlock you don't have to do it twice. Therefore I rate this module as alpha. I would be very happy if someone has a solution to this problem :).

Supported ROMs
    TESTED and CONFIRMED WORKING:
    AOSP:
    - 4.3 (JellyBean)
    - 4.4 (KitKat)

AOSP based:
    - CM 10.2 (JellyBean 4.3)

Stock/OEM ROMs:
    - Asus: 4.2 (JellyBean)
    - Sony Xperia: 4.2 (JellyBean) - 4.4 (KitKat)

Should work on:
    - 4.2+ (JellyBean) (lockscreen has been overhauled in 4.2, therefore no <= 4.1)
    - 4.4 (KitKat)
    - all AOSP based ROMs (CM, AOKP, Para, etc.) with Android 4.2+

Unsupported/problematic ROMs
    ROMs modified by manufacturers are known to have issues with this module:
    Samsung (TouchWiz):
    - 4.2/4.3: simply does not work
    - 4.4: has less issues, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51980630&postcount=52

Credits
    @rovo89 Your framework is amazing!

Known bugs
    - Using app shortcuts causes you to "unlock" your device twice (see above)
    - App shortcut to browser does not work (needs confirmation..)

How to use
    1. Install Xposed framework as described here
    2. Download and install XLockSecuritySlide via Xposed Installer (or see below)
    3. Enable XLockSecuritySlide in Xposed Installer
    4. Reboot and enjoy!

HELP ME!
    If something went wrong (e. g. unlockable device) you can use the flashable Xposed recovery disabler ZIP (see attachment of that post!), which disables Xposed and therefore this module. After that you can safely disable/uninstall this module and re-enable Xposed again!

Download
    Xposed repository (http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.stevolk.xlocksecurityslide)
    OR
    see attachments

Source code
    Release under Apache License 2.0: github

Changelog
    0.4 (2014/04/15)
    Compatiblity with Sony Xperia ROMs (Thanks to @greg2001!)

0.3 (2014/01/29)
    Fixed security mode bypass by pressing back button
    Fixed "popup" security mode; it is the normal one now

0.2 (2014/01/28)
    Fix for KitKat

0.1 (2014/01/27)
    initial release
    are u working to make it work for xperia devices ? or not a priority for u ? or not even in to-do list :p

Maybe things have changed since the last version because I (nearly) completely replaced the code. You can give it a try, but do not expect anything ;)
    The problem is, that 1. I do not have a sony xperia device to easily test it out, 2. I have very limited resources at the moment.
    But it is on my todo-list (for that hopefully not so far future..) :)

But, if you use any other ROM than stock, especially AOSP based ROMs like CM, Paranoid, AOKP etc. it works well.

It's the same with Samsung TouchWiz based ROMs.

My goal is to make it work with nearly all commonly used ROMs.

I hope, you (and other users) understand that. :(

KK fix released. Should work now. :cyclops:

Damn! :(

Anyway you could make it work on TouchWiz (GS4; Android 4.3)?! @Stevolk

Well thats really sad... The problem is, that I do not have a Samsung device to test it out. Moreover it requires some work because TW is closed source. I will look at this, if I have enough time!
    Please add support for S3 4.3 tw , I can test for you if you want ;)