[MOD][XPOSED][5.0+] Exi for Swiftkey [2.7.1][2020.09.22]]

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
Yes this has been happening ever since I switched to a nougat rom, what I do as a workaround is I keep both swiftkey stable and swiftkey beta installed and the moment exi breaks on one of the keyboards I quickly use a shortcut which I created using xposed edge module to switch to last input method.

So this way if exi breaks on stable swiftkey, I switch to beta swiftkey and when it breaks on beta, I switch back to stable which gets automatically fixed till then somehow.

You can use this as a workaround. Also, just recently I reinstalled xposed on my rom and I feel like after that exi is properly hooked to swiftkey.
That's great I did it before manually by opening the other app and switched input methode.

Now I created a short cut with xposed edge pro 'last input methode'. Toggle input Methode does nothing.

Thanks for the hint. Sometimes I forget how powerful xposed edge is.

Reactions: pratyush28

dima-82

May 31, 2016
Since the module is no longer maintained, check the opening post to see which is the latest SwiftKey version fully compatible with this mod. You can download it then from apkmirror. I installed it and detached SwiftKey from Play Store in order to not getting updates. Truly, there is no need for updates for me as thanks to Exi I have all additional features I would desire 😁
How did you detache it? Is it permanent?

I couldnt find a permanent solution. I am using titanium backup an the scheduler to detache Swiftkey several times per day. Not really a good and reliable solution.

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018

I couldnt find a permanent solution. I am using titanium backup an the scheduler to detache Swiftkey several times per day. Not really a good and reliable solution.
You could try to schedule detach script from Magisk repo, but I found it not very reliable as well. This is how I managed to do this permanently:

1) I used "a tool" (the name not allowed to mention ;) ) to resign the Swiftkey apk with test signature. Then if the system allows you to override the old apk - exellent.

2) If not and you must uninstall the old app first: I did an app's data backup with Titatnium, then I uninstalled the old app, then installed the resigned one and then I restored data with Titatnium. Otherwise you probably can't log into your Google account. With this procedure I retained my data and settings

MBDdk

Oct 31, 2016
Reactions: pratyush28

InvisibleKnight

Nov 6, 2011
Rome

I permanently detached it with sudohide (xposed module), just hide SwiftKey from PlayStore.

I know Exi is no longer maintained but I'm having problem with the emoji panel. It started occurring with the new Riru v23 + Edxposed v0. 5.1.3.

Since I had to set up Edxposed to Whitelist only I believe I'm missing some system app to select in order for Exi to properly hook to the keyboard panels (everything else works).

I tried many versions of SwiftKey and the same problem occurs. Did anyone else incurred in such issue? Any tips on how to troubleshoot the problem?

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
I permanently detached it with sudohide (xposed module), just hide SwiftKey from PlayStore.

I know Exi is no longer maintained but I'm having problem with the emoji panel. It started occurring with the new Riru v23 + Edxposed v0. 5.1.3.

Since I had to set up Edxposed to Whitelist only I believe I'm missing some system app to select in order for Exi to properly hook to the keyboard panels (everything else works).

I tried many versions of SwiftKey and the same problem occurs. Did anyone else incurred in such issue? Any tips on how to troubleshoot the problem?
I tried this module too, generally it's great, but it seems that it's no longer working well with some devices/ROMs. I couldn't hide SwifKey on two out of my three devices... That's why I came up with another solution

Latest Riru and EdXposed canary create issues with many modules. Hope you'll find a solution, but since Exi isn't maintained anymore, I'm afraid it may just be not compatible somehow...

dima-82

May 31, 2016
Check out the app TeMeFi (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-tool-temefi-comprehensive-system-administration.3806260/) if you're rooted. It works flawlessly for detaching apps like YouTube Vanced and Swiftkey permanently without hassle.
I tried it a couple of days now..

It is really possible to detach an App permanently from the PlayStore. It does not appear in the list with the apps to be updated.

BUT: An notification about an update of this app is still popping up. Clicking on it does not show the app in the list. But the notification is annoying.

So not properly working solution for me. Used TeMeFi version: 1.0.95.

Will try to re-sign the app with test signature.

josemata00

Aug 19, 2009
Yaracuy - Venezuela
I tried it a couple of days now..

It is really possible to detach an App permanently from the PlayStore. It does not appear in the list with the apps to be updated.

BUT: An notification about an update of this app is still popping up. Clicking on it does not show the app in the list. But the notification is annoying.

So not properly working solution for me. Used TeMeFi version: 1.0.95.

Will try to re-sign the app with test signature.
Use Detach, Magisk Module. Works great.

Reactions: dima-82

n0j0e

May 9, 2009
Berlin
My working version now with crDroid 6.14, LOS 17.1, A10 on a Oneplus 5T:

MS Swiftkey v7.6.3.4
Riru v23.4
EdXposed v0.5.2.0_4672-master
Edxposed Manager v4.6.0-pre (45760) with SandHook enabled under Settings/Framework
Exi v2.7.1

iamMG

Jun 12, 2012
New Delhi
Thanks, I'll try that.
Btw, do you happen to use Xposed Edge Pro? Cuz that is the only module I use besides Exi and wouldn't want to break the compatibility I have going on over here with my not-so-updated lower version of Edxposed.

mrjuniork

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
Thanks, I'll try that.
Btw, do you happen to use Xposed Edge Pro? Cuz that is the only module I use besides Exi and wouldn't want to break the compatibility I have going on over here with my not-so-updated lower version of Edxposed.
I use that app without any issues so far. I'm also with the latest EdXposed.

Reactions: iamMG