[MOD][XPOSED][Android 8.0, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 12.1, 13 and 14] Dark Tricks [3.4][01/27/2024]

Search This thread
Thanks for trying it. According to the log, your Android version reports Security patch = 2022-12-05, which is December. Are you using another mod to spoof a different build than your device one? That's probably what is conflicting.
I'm not sure that having december security patch means being on december build (android 13 qpr). Maybe that's why 2.28 isn't working for me, just because I'm on normal A13, not qpr, but with december patch. Anyway, I'm not using anything else to spoof a different build

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
I'm not sure that having december security patch means being on december build (android 13 qpr). Maybe that's why 2.28 isn't working for me, just because I'm on normal A13, not qpr, but with december patch. Anyway, I'm not using anything else to spoof a different build
So you are saying that you are on December security patch, right? I think Android QPR and normal Android are the same for December, at least I never was on QPR and I still got the same bug as those on previous QPR builds. Maybe it's a pixel specific change then. Anyone else with broken features on v2.28 that aren't using pixel phones?

So you are saying that you are on December security patch, right? I think Android QPR and normal Android are the same for December, at least I never was on QPR and I still got the same bug as those on previous QPR builds. Maybe it's a pixel specific change then. Anyone else with broken features on v2.28 that aren't using pixel phones?
Yes, that's what I'm guessing: security patch and qpr aren't necessarely the same thing. I'm saying this because I've already tried some modules/apps that shouldn't work on A13 qpr, and they are working on my phone instead, even being on Dec security patch...

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
escaped New Jersey 🙏🙌
youtube.com
@Dark_Eyes_ , first of all, I thank you very much for this mod. I'm sure you hear it enough, but it really does fill in the gaps left by the end of the GravityBox era. Thank you so much for continuing with this project. I also did search your thread for the word "request" and see that you essentially don't accept feature requests. You can probably see where this is going, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway - there's literally just ONE SINGLE mod that has left my life incomplete (lol at being dramatic) since forced to move onto Android 12 and beyond, and I think it was one of the most useful (and even OVERLOOKED) mods to ever come into existence. The extreme usefulness is why I hope bringing it up is at least worth it - perhaps even you would find you'd like to use it!

Cursor Control keys (left / right) on the navigation bar (works with 3-button OR gesture navbar). Attached a screenshot to show what I mean (bottom left and right, whenever and only when keyboard pops out). It's like volume key cursor control, but even more useful! Makes typing on phone literally orders of magnitude easier. It even works in terminal, which sometimes doesn't work with software-based cursor control solutions.

Unfortunately, the screenshot is from my HTC U12+ (Android 9) which is using 3 button navigation, because I don't currently have any devices running Android 11 on me. But it did work up until my Pixel 4 XL and Galaxy Tab S7+ when running Android 11, but on 3 button nav. Of course now I'm using gesture navigation, but the latest changelog on GravityBox 11.0.5 (https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/releases/tag/v11.0.5_r) states "Navbar: allow cursor control keys in gestural navbar".

Looking at the source code (https://github.com/GravityBox/Gravi...a/com/ceco/r/gravitybox/ModNavigationBar.java), it appears the code for this mod is contained here. The commit history also shows he at one point removed the option for cursor control in gestural navbar, and then got it working and added it back in eventually (https://github.com/GravityBox/Gravi...a/com/ceco/r/gravitybox/ModNavigationBar.java). I'm not a coder or dev by any means, otherwise I would have done this myself. However, I was hoping that maybe asking very nicely and providing actual links with pertinent info could lead to something? Instead of saying "do this for me now kthxbyelol". So... pretty please? =D

Either way, thanks for the mod and continued development thus far!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214-112039.png
    Screenshot_20221214-112039.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 52

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
@Dark_Eyes_ , first of all, I thank you very much for this mod. I'm sure you hear it enough, but it really does fill in the gaps left by the end of the GravityBox era. Thank you so much for continuing with this project. I also did search your thread for the word "request" and see that you essentially don't accept feature requests. You can probably see where this is going, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway - there's literally just ONE SINGLE mod that has left my life incomplete (lol at being dramatic) since forced to move onto Android 12 and beyond, and I think it was one of the most useful (and even OVERLOOKED) mods to ever come into existence. The extreme usefulness is why I hope bringing it up is at least worth it - perhaps even you would find you'd like to use it!

Cursor Control keys (left / right) on the navigation bar (works with 3-button OR gesture navbar). Attached a screenshot to show what I mean (bottom left and right, whenever and only when keyboard pops out). It's like volume key cursor control, but even more useful! Makes typing on phone literally orders of magnitude easier. It even works in terminal, which sometimes doesn't work with software-based cursor control solutions.

Unfortunately, the screenshot is from my HTC U12+ (Android 9) which is using 3 button navigation, because I don't currently have any devices running Android 11 on me. But it did work up until my Pixel 4 XL and Galaxy Tab S7+ when running Android 11, but on 3 button nav. Of course now I'm using gesture navigation, but the latest changelog on GravityBox 11.0.5 (https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/releases/tag/v11.0.5_r) states "Navbar: allow cursor control keys in gestural navbar".

Looking at the source code (https://github.com/GravityBox/Gravi...a/com/ceco/r/gravitybox/ModNavigationBar.java), it appears the code for this mod is contained here. The commit history also shows he at one point removed the option for cursor control in gestural navbar, and then got it working and added it back in eventually (https://github.com/GravityBox/Gravi...a/com/ceco/r/gravitybox/ModNavigationBar.java). I'm not a coder or dev by any means, otherwise I would have done this myself. However, I was hoping that maybe asking very nicely and providing actual links with pertinent info could lead to something? Instead of saying "do this for me now kthxbyelol". So... pretty please? =D

Either way, thanks for the mod and continued development thus far!
No promises, but if I get a bit of free time during the holidays, you might get a (late) Christmas present. But that's a big if...

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
escaped New Jersey 🙏🙌
youtube.com
No promises, but if I get a bit of free time during the holidays, you might get a (late) Christmas present. But that's a big if...

That's as good a response I could have hoped for tbh! Even if you can't, I appreciate you even looking into it!

And I get it - spending time with family and taking time for yourself at holidays is more important than this stuff. I have a 2, almost 3 year old and another on the way and barely have time for extracurriculars anymore these days. Anyway, again thanks for sharing your "tricks" 🙂

Reactions: Dark_Eyes_

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
New build v2.29 is up guys! It should work for everyone, including non-Pixel phones that are on December security patch.

@i5lee8bit I did take a look at adding cursor icons in the navbar, but it turns out to be harder than I anticipated. I might not have that kind of time to make it work... just to manage expectations.

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
escaped New Jersey 🙏🙌
youtube.com
New build v2.29 is up guys! It should work for everyone, including non-Pixel phones that are on December security patch.

@i5lee8bit I did take a look at adding cursor icons in the navbar, but it turns out to be harder than I anticipated. I might not have that kind of time to make it work... just to manage expectations.

No problem dude! Really appreciate you even just looking into it in the first place! Hope you had a great holiday too 🙂

I'm the one who had problems with 2.28. I can confirm everything is working now, thank you and happy holiday!

sevenshorseman

Jul 31, 2012
Düsseldorf
Hey guys, I just pushed a new version 2.27 that fixes everything for the Android 13 december build. Since it is not a new SDK version, you should only update if you are on the december build. Otherwise, stay on version 2.26.

EDIT : I released a new version 2.28 that should work for eveybody. Update away everyone!

Let me know how it goes!
Hey a happy new year!

I have a S21 as i posted before and unfortunately the expanded notification tweak does not work for me.

lemeshovich

Apr 23, 2015
hey, one of module functions isnt working for me
i was hoping that this module can help me dealing with quick unlock thing, its so annoying for me to press OK button after entering correct PIN to unlock my lineageos A13 device, im re-created PIN code, enabled quick unlock function, but nothing happened😔
any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230109-161922_Dark Tricks.png
    Screenshot_20230109-161922_Dark Tricks.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20230109_162707_357.jpg
    IMG_20230109_162707_357.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
hey, one of module functions isnt working for me
i was hoping that this module can help me dealing with quick unlock thing, its so annoying for me to press OK button after entering correct PIN to unlock my lineageos A13 device, im re-created PIN code, enabled quick unlock function, but nothing happened😔
any ideas?
Can you send me your Xposed modules log please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I'm new to developing with Xposed, but I got a few tricks working that I think might interest some of you. It has been tested only on stock Android 14 (Pixel 7 Pro).

Version 3.0 and up are designed for Android 14 only. All older Android version must use version 2.31.

There is a simple user interface that can be launched through Xposed Manager to choose what mods that you want. A reboot is needed every time you change a setting for version 2.31 and older. Starting with version 3.0, all settings can be applied at runtime (except for Show 4G and Hide LTE+/4G+ which still require a reboot).

- Force dark theme even on light wallpaper (Android 8.1 only)
    - Replace voice assist with phone on lockscreen (Android 8.0 and 8.1 only)
    - Always show the navbar on the right when in landscape (Android 8.0, 8.1 and 9 only)
    - Hide next alarm on the lockscreen and in the quick settings and the icon in the status bar
    - Show 4G instead of LTE
    - Hide LTE+/4G+ (always show LTE/4G)
    - Hide ADB notification
    - Hide VPN notification
    - Hide "Network may be monitored"
    - Hide the build version in the QS when developer options are enabled (Android 10+)
    - Double tap to sleep on statusbar or lockscreen (Android 12+)
    - Quick pulldown for quick settings (Android 12+)
    - Volume keys control cursor
    - Volume keys skip track
    - Power key toggle torch (with proximity check)
    - Prevent accidental wake up
    - Less frequent notifications
    - Screen off notifications only
    - Change the carrier text
    - Bypass Outlook device policy
    - Quick unlock (Android 12+ but not Android 14)
    - Show battery duration estimate on expanded QS (Android 12+)
    - Force small clock on lockscreen (Android 12 and 12.1 only)
    - Adjust height for back gesture (Android 12+)
    - Expanded notifications (Android 12+ but not Android 14)
    - Silence phone call recording warnings (Android 14)

Enjoy and provide feedback!

Download : https://github.com/Xposed-Modules-Repo/com.darkeyes.tricks/releases/tag/43-3.4

Source code : https://github.com/darkeyes84/dark_tricks
    New EdXposed version

Hi guys,

Those who want to try the new EdXposed version 0.4.6.0 but don't want to use the custom Magisk build, use this version instead. I added back the sepolicy permissions to make it work.

Enjoy!
    Hi guys, I have an early Christmas present for you all. A new version of Dark Tricks that works only for Android 14.

It's an early version, some features are missing and probably won't return, but I have managed to fix a good few of them. Most of them can also be changed on the fly without rebooting now, but if you think it didn't work try rebooting your phone after enabling a feature.

The only feature that is hardcoded now is the volume keys to control the cursor. I have yet to figure how to make the preferences stick for this one. If you don't want it, simply don't select Gboard in the scope of this module.

Enjoy and let me know how it goes!
    Hi guys,

I just pushed a new version in the OP that is compatible with Android 12. For now the proximity wake up function is disable because the underlying functions have been rewritten in Android 12 and I didn't have the time to look into it.

Hiding the next alarm on the lockscreen is also not working for Android 12. I'll try to fix it in the coming days, but it seems to be a bug with LSPosed. I'll keep you guys posted.

Please let me know how it goes and report any issues you might encounter.

Enjoy!