[MOD][XPOSED][Android 8.0, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 12.1, 13 and 14] Dark Tricks [3.4][01/27/2024]

Search This thread

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm new to developing with Xposed, but I got a few tricks working that I think might interest some of you. It has been tested only on stock Android 14 (Pixel 7 Pro).

Version 3.0 and up are designed for Android 14 only. All older Android version must use version 2.31.

There is a simple user interface that can be launched through Xposed Manager to choose what mods that you want. A reboot is needed every time you change a setting for version 2.31 and older. Starting with version 3.0, all settings can be applied at runtime (except for Show 4G and Hide LTE+/4G+ which still require a reboot).

- Force dark theme even on light wallpaper (Android 8.1 only)
- Replace voice assist with phone on lockscreen (Android 8.0 and 8.1 only)
- Always show the navbar on the right when in landscape (Android 8.0, 8.1 and 9 only)
- Hide next alarm on the lockscreen and in the quick settings and the icon in the status bar
- Show 4G instead of LTE
- Hide LTE+/4G+ (always show LTE/4G)
- Hide ADB notification
- Hide VPN notification
- Hide "Network may be monitored"
- Hide the build version in the QS when developer options are enabled (Android 10+)
- Double tap to sleep on statusbar or lockscreen (Android 12+)
- Quick pulldown for quick settings (Android 12+)
- Volume keys control cursor
- Volume keys skip track
- Power key toggle torch (with proximity check)
- Prevent accidental wake up
- Less frequent notifications
- Screen off notifications only
- Change the carrier text
- Bypass Outlook device policy
- Quick unlock (Android 12+ but not Android 14)
- Show battery duration estimate on expanded QS (Android 12+)
- Force small clock on lockscreen (Android 12 and 12.1 only)
- Adjust height for back gesture (Android 12+)
- Expanded notifications (Android 12+ but not Android 14)
- Silence phone call recording warnings (Android 14)

Enjoy and provide feedback!

Download : https://github.com/Xposed-Modules-Repo/com.darkeyes.tricks/releases/tag/43-3.4

Source code : https://github.com/darkeyes84/dark_tricks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180224-103148.png
    Screenshot_20180224-103148.png
    239.1 KB · Views: 13,181
  • Screenshot_20191013-214744.png
    Screenshot_20191013-214744.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 6,971
Last edited:

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
Update!!! Added Force dark theme even on light wallpaper. See OP.

I'll look into making settings to allow choosing only the mods that you want. I've never done that so it might take a while ;)

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
I presume this doesn't work on 8.0

I haven't tried it on oreo 8.0. I bet most of the tricks would work, but I can't tell for sure. For now I forced xposed v90, so it shouldn't install on oreo 8.0, but if you're willing to try, I can get you a special version with xposed v89.

EDIT: I just realized that v90 is for sdk26 and sdk27, which means it should install on oreo 8.0 too. Just give it a try, but be ready to have it bootloop your phone. If you don't know how to get it back up and running, better not try it. Please give feedback if you try it ;)

Last edited:

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Do you get that error from both the xposed repository (through the app) and this thread? Maybe one file got corrupted at some point. That being said, I haven't tested my app on anything else than stock oreo and lineageos. It might not work on oxygenos (OP5) and other Xiaomi devices.
From both locations, same error. File size is the same on both sites.

Vladuu

Feb 10, 2011
Nexus6P with stock 8.0.0 OPR5 rooted magisk xposed can confirm both currently not parsing
If there's a way of helping for nexus 6p test or something let me know

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
Test build

@Vladuu, @Victorprz and @kenkiller

Test build for Oreo 8.0 below. It wasn't parsing because I forced the original version on sdk27 (wasn't sure initially). Let me know if it works before I push it officially. Thanks!

It will work on Oreo 8.1 too, and it is much smaller than before because I removed a lot of useless libs that got added automatically by android studio.

Attachments

• Tricks.apk
    16 KB · Views: 289
Reactions: Samuel Holland

Victorprz

Nov 18, 2016
Google Pixel 7 Pro
@Vladuu, @Victorprz and @kenkiller

Test build for Oreo 8.0 below. It wasn't parsing because I forced the original version on sdk27 (wasn't sure initially). Let me know if it works before I push it officially. Thanks!

It will work on Oreo 8.1 too, and it is much smaller than before because I removed a lot of useless libs that got added automatically by android studio.
Great, thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I'm new to developing with Xposed, but I got a few tricks working that I think might interest some of you. It has been tested only on stock Android 14 (Pixel 7 Pro).

Version 3.0 and up are designed for Android 14 only. All older Android version must use version 2.31.

There is a simple user interface that can be launched through Xposed Manager to choose what mods that you want. A reboot is needed every time you change a setting for version 2.31 and older. Starting with version 3.0, all settings can be applied at runtime (except for Show 4G and Hide LTE+/4G+ which still require a reboot).

- Force dark theme even on light wallpaper (Android 8.1 only)
    - Replace voice assist with phone on lockscreen (Android 8.0 and 8.1 only)
    - Always show the navbar on the right when in landscape (Android 8.0, 8.1 and 9 only)
    - Hide next alarm on the lockscreen and in the quick settings and the icon in the status bar
    - Show 4G instead of LTE
    - Hide LTE+/4G+ (always show LTE/4G)
    - Hide ADB notification
    - Hide VPN notification
    - Hide "Network may be monitored"
    - Hide the build version in the QS when developer options are enabled (Android 10+)
    - Double tap to sleep on statusbar or lockscreen (Android 12+)
    - Quick pulldown for quick settings (Android 12+)
    - Volume keys control cursor
    - Volume keys skip track
    - Power key toggle torch (with proximity check)
    - Prevent accidental wake up
    - Less frequent notifications
    - Screen off notifications only
    - Change the carrier text
    - Bypass Outlook device policy
    - Quick unlock (Android 12+ but not Android 14)
    - Show battery duration estimate on expanded QS (Android 12+)
    - Force small clock on lockscreen (Android 12 and 12.1 only)
    - Adjust height for back gesture (Android 12+)
    - Expanded notifications (Android 12+ but not Android 14)
    - Silence phone call recording warnings (Android 14)

Enjoy and provide feedback!

Download : https://github.com/Xposed-Modules-Repo/com.darkeyes.tricks/releases/tag/43-3.4

Source code : https://github.com/darkeyes84/dark_tricks
    New EdXposed version

Hi guys,

Those who want to try the new EdXposed version 0.4.6.0 but don't want to use the custom Magisk build, use this version instead. I added back the sepolicy permissions to make it work.

Enjoy!
    Hi guys, I have an early Christmas present for you all. A new version of Dark Tricks that works only for Android 14.

It's an early version, some features are missing and probably won't return, but I have managed to fix a good few of them. Most of them can also be changed on the fly without rebooting now, but if you think it didn't work try rebooting your phone after enabling a feature.

The only feature that is hardcoded now is the volume keys to control the cursor. I have yet to figure how to make the preferences stick for this one. If you don't want it, simply don't select Gboard in the scope of this module.

Enjoy and let me know how it goes!
    Hi guys,

I just pushed a new version in the OP that is compatible with Android 12. For now the proximity wake up function is disable because the underlying functions have been rewritten in Android 12 and I didn't have the time to look into it.

Hiding the next alarm on the lockscreen is also not working for Android 12. I'll try to fix it in the coming days, but it seems to be a bug with LSPosed. I'll keep you guys posted.

Please let me know how it goes and report any issues you might encounter.

Enjoy!