[MOD][XPOSED] App Settings Reborn

Search This thread

denmes

Dec 16, 2005
Thank you so much for reviving App Settings. The setup has become quite fiddly, but the beloved functionality is well worth it. Pocophone F1 running crDroid under Android10 here, using LSPosed.

ToXiTe

Jan 17, 2015
Thank you for reviving this app.

I would like to request a small but a much needed feature, the ability to set the layout direction. Android by default makes the layout RTL if an RTL locale is selected such as Arabic. It would be very useful if you could add a switch to force LTR layout for RTL languages. I would really appreciate if you could implement this.

gorthon

Oct 13, 2012
Amazing, many thanks!!!

Working on Samsung S20 5G DUC7 stock firmware (Android 11, one Ui 3.1).

I mostly used locale change which works in most apps. Force rotation orientation works in Google maps, but makes Google photos crash.

Blue cat

Aug 16, 2012
I would like to request a small but a much needed feature, the ability to set the layout direction. Android by default makes the layout RTL if an RTL locale is selected such as Arabic. It would be very useful if you could add a switch to force LTR layout for RTL languages. I would really appreciate if you could implement this.
It's your pull request?
Hi ;) please can you add nougat with xposed 89 compatibility 🙏
It is possible to reduce the minimum api to 89, but I still recommend using version 1.16 for android 7.0 and below. It can be found in the original thread.

Borchuck

Jul 8, 2014
Is there any way to disable immersive in certain apps? I mean prevent navbar from hiding.

pierro78

hey folks, great work !!!

I forced immersive mode on yandex browser but now most often than not I have a big white stripe at the bottom at the app :

DSC_0039.JPG

I don't have this issue with other apps ...

I am on android 11 crDroid 7.5 galaxy tab S5e

any hint or help ??

thanks !!

Last edited:

pierro78

just a hint : sometimes you have to reboot for the settings to take effect ;)

(on my tab S5e LOS 18.1 I first set immersive mode on ungoogled-chromium-android-extensions and it worked immediately (if I remember), then I tried on chrome and kiwi and it apparently didn't work but once I rebooted it worked :) ...)

111jie111

Apr 28, 2021
Thank you so much for reviving App Settings. The setup has become quite fiddly, but the beloved functionality is well worth it. Pocophone F1 running crDroid under Android10 here, using LSPosed.
Hi do you know which apps should be selected under the effect selection menu? I'm using LSPD too

pinky2000

Aug 8, 2008
Very happy to see the Reborn version of this old app!

Does someone know if it possible to change the "locale" of Google voice typing? My phone is set in English and would be happy to have Google voice in French. Using LSPosed.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Under developer options I have my minimum width set to 600. I love this on my phone but hate how some apps use different layouts, mainly Kiwi browser. I thought app settings was the key but it does not work. It always loads the tab view for kiwi browser. How can I fix this?

Reactions: pierro78

pierro78

there is sthg "broken" with v1.5, v1.5.1 : my apps don t stay in fullscreen, once I "click" anywhere in my app the status bar and navigation bar reappear ... I have to exit my app and restart it but then it doesnt stay full screen as I said ... it s like the fullscreen mode doesn t want to stay on ...

I am back to 1.4.1 now ...

PS : I am on Galaxy Tab S5e, LineageOS 18.1 if that can be useful ...

Last edited:

Blue cat

Aug 16, 2012
there is sthg "broken" with v1.5, v1.5.1 : my apps don t day in fullscreen, once I "click" anywhere in my app the status bar and navigation bar reappear ... I have to exit my app and restart it but then it doesnt stay full screen as I said ... it s like the fullscreen mode doesn t want to stay on ...

I am back to 1.4.1 now ...

PS : I am on Galaxy Tab S5e, LineageOS 18.1 if that can be useful ...
Read the changelog. Starting from android 11, you need to additionally use the autohide option for this.

Reactions: pierro78
App Settings Reborn
Fork of the original App Settings by Rovo89. Supporting Android 8.0+

Compatibility:
The application is tested only on Android 10/11 (Samsung firmware), but has theoretical support for earlier versions of the OS. I do not guarantee work on other firmware. I also note that not all applications will work with all functions.
If you do not see errors in edxposed logs from this module, then your firmware requires additional hooks. I cannot provide development for such devices.

Using the function revoke/restore permissions: select the permissions and click ok + save, reboot, return to the submenu of the target application and click save again, reboot.

Features:

Previous Versions and original developers:

Download: EdXposed Repository | Github

XDA:DevDB Information
App Settings Reborn, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Blue cat

Source Code: Github

Xposed Package Name: ru.bluecat.android.xposed.mods.appsettings

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 1.5
Stable Release Date: 2021-05-04

Created 2020-08-01
Last Updated 2021-05-04
Hi, can you add an audio input source setting (external mic)? In my case, I can't do streaming video (like youtube) with an external mic, I've googling most time but no setting work to do this (you can refer the same case on https://askfred.be/blog/how-to-record-video-with-an-external-microphone-samsung-s9), the external mic only works on open camera app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera) and some other recording apps, maybe you can add audio input source setting to this module (to work external mic on all apps installed). I hope it's will be a useful feature.

clavelm80

Jan 9, 2017
Annecy
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi, I'm trying to change the default language for an app. It's working for the main profile, but not for the same app in the professional profile manage with island.

I'm on a oneplus 9 pro with LineageOS 18.1 (but I got the same problem on a realme x2 pro on LineageOS 18.1, and on the same oneplus 9 pro on Oxygen OS).
I was getting the same problem with the module App Locale 2, but it's no longer maintained.
My android default locale is French.
My system is rooted with the latest canary magisk, I've installed the latest released version of the LSPosed module.
App Settings Reborn is installed on the main profile and on the professional one.
It is activated for the 2 profiles in the LSPosed manager, with the app I'd like to tweak selected.
In the App Settings Reborn of each profile, the app to tweak is selected and configured to English.
The one on the main profile is running in English, but the one on the professional profile is still in French.
Could someone please help me to fix my problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Development discontinued​

App Settings Reborn
    Fork of the original App Settings by Rovo89. Supporting Android 8.0+

Compatibility:
    The application is tested only on Android 10/11/12 (Samsung firmware), but has theoretical support for earlier versions of the OS. I do not guarantee work on other firmware. I also note that not all applications will work with all functions.
    If you do not see errors in edxposed logs from this module, then your firmware requires additional hooks. I cannot provide development for such devices.

Using the function revoke/restore permissions: select the permissions and click ok + save, reboot, return to the submenu of the target application and click save again, reboot.

Features:
    • Screenshot control
    • density / dpi
    • font scale
    • fake screen size for resources loading
    • locale (language)
    • fullscreen mode
    • hide title bar
    • keep screen on while app is visible
    • show app above lockscreen
    • disable fullscreen keyboard input
    • Force LTR
    • Auto hide fullscreen (Android 11+)
    • force orientation (portrait/landscape/auto)
    • mute audio (for most apps)
    • insistent notifications (loop the sound / reboot required)
    • force or prevent ongoing notifications (reboot required)
    • mute notifications (reboot required)
    • stay resident in memory (reboot required)
    • force or exclude app from recents (reboot required)
    • access to recent tasks (reboot required)
    • revoke permissions (double reboot required)
    • force using legacy (navbar) menu button

Previous Versions and original developers:

Download: LSPosed Repository | Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    App Settings Reborn, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Blue cat

Source Code: Github

Xposed Package Name: ru.bluecat.android.xposed.mods.appsettings

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.7
    Stable Release Date: 2023-05-14

Created 2020-08-01
    Last Updated 2023-05-14
    Changelog:

- Initial repo release
    - Add Screenshot control
    - Add access to recent tasks
    - Reboot device with xposed
    - New implementation for export / import
    - Migrate Xposed Preferences to Protected Storage
    - Code fixes

- Backup / Restore using system DocumentUI
    - Increased minimum API to 19 (Android 4.4)

- Migrate to new XSharedPreferences. The module can now work with enforced SELinux. Requires EdXposed Framework v0.5.1.4+

- Migrate to Appcompat(Material) theme
    - Android 11 xposed compatibility
    - Increased minimum API to 21 (Android 5.0)

- Added backward compatibility with frameworks below version 0.5.1.3
    - Added SELinux checker. Required for backward compatibility.

- Fixes

- Android 11 support (targetSdkVersion)
    - Added light theme
    - Added auto hide fullscreen option (Android 11+)
    - Added force LTR option
    - Improving the search box

- Android 12 Xposed support
    - Android 12 support (targetSdkVersion)
    - Dropped EdXposed support
    - Increased minimum Android version to 8.1 Same version as LSPosed framework.
    - Added cleaning the filters on back pressed button
    - UI updates
    Update to version 1.6

Some options such as "notifications priority" and "disable big (expanded) notifications" have been removed due to the increase in the minimum version of Android.

The higher the version of Android, the more options begin to be lost. The logic of such functions is globally rewritten with the new version of Android and the module can no longer intercept them.
    In Android 12 these options are:
    - Mute audio
    - Force or prevent ongoing notifications

Methods and classes of such options are present, not deprecated. The OS just doesn't use them.

Project support on Android 13 is not guaranteed, please do not ask for updates.
    Some apps have stopped to respect locale setting, is this a known issue?
    Applications downloaded as apks(aab) from the GP just don't have other locales available. Try to get full apk or download other locales.
    Seems like dev abandoned the project
    I'm here, but as I said earlier, I may not renew support for Android 13. At the moment, only Android 12 is available for me.
    Currently support mode only.
    if so this is a real shame. adjusting the font sizes in various apps was fantastic. not been working tho for several months.
    Perhaps the same as with localizations, try the full apk.
    Got any screenshots you can share?
    Added
    Hello,
    Thank you for your awesome work! Form me one thing doesn't work: I cannot prevent apps from going fullscreen. Can you help me?
    I know, I still haven't found the right way to prevent immersive mode.