[MOD][XPOSED] Burnt Toast Revived

Search This thread

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Burnt Toast Revived is an updated version of @MohammadAG's Burnt Toast Xposed module. In this version I added support for the latest versions of Android that have rounded toast messages, and fixed the problem of the text too near to the border.
NEW! It's now possible to change the size of the icon.
NEW! It's now possible to change the size of the margins.

Description:
This modules adds the app icon to toast messages, giving a more colorful look to them, and also making them more understandable.

Notes:
Support for Android versions before Lollipop has been dropped. Please use the original module on KitKat and before.

Changelog:
v1.6
Added option to change margins size.
Added more sizes, and removed some bigger ones.
Fixed controls not visible on some devices and in landscape.
No more overlapping or delayed toast messages. When you change size, the old toast is dismissed before generating a new one.
v1.5
Added option to change icon size
Added support for some ROMs with different layout for toast messages
v1.4
Initial release

Links:
Source code: GitHub
Download: Xposed Repo

Last edited:

adwait96

Aug 11, 2013
Not working on my device.
Oneplus 3 using RR-N-v5.8.5-20171217-oneplus3-Final
Rooted with xposed v89 and magisk installed.
I checked on apps that doesn't require root like lookup, fly gps and sesame shortcuts and root app like greenify.
I have disabled system toast notifications(from settings->configurations->animations->toast) n magisk toast notifications so it should not affect this module.
I would love to use this cause system n magisk uses small icons which are barely visible.
Thanks anyways!:)

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using XDA Labs

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
The toasts are too big. Can't you make it like in custom roms with just a small icon next to the toast? Or options to change size?

I'm working on it.

Not working on my device.
Oneplus 3 using RR-N-v5.8.5-20171217-oneplus3-Final
Rooted with xposed v89 and magisk installed.
I checked on apps that doesn't require root like lookup, fly gps and sesame shortcuts and root app like greenify.
I have disabled system toast notifications(from settings->configurations->animations->toast) n magisk toast notifications so it should not affect this module.
I would love to use this cause system n magisk uses small icons which are barely visible.
Thanks anyways!:)

Can you please send me the file /system/framework/framework-res.apk extracted from your phone?

Could you add options to change the design of the message istelf like xtoast did?

It's not in my plans, sorry.

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
I can't change the size. It shows the same size no matter which button I tap on - 128 in xposed logs.
Is it possible to achieve this kind of toasts that's available in custom roms? Please check picture.

Please give me more information: what device are you using? What ROM and Android version?
I don't think it's possible to put the icon in the corner (if that's what you're asking for) without heavily modifying the layout. I will look into it.

Tletl

May 12, 2011
Working properly on LOS 14.1. I would just recommend to center icon within the whitespace after changing the icon's size, so it looks better.
Thank you!

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Nexus 5, stock marshmallow 6.0.1
Please send by PM the output of the following commands:
Code:
ls -al /data
ls -ald /data/data/me.rapperskull.*
ls -alR /data/data/me.rapperskull.*
ls -ald /data/user/0/me.rapperskull.*
ls -alR /data/user/0/me.rapperskull.*

Working properly on LOS 14.1. I would just recommend to center icon within the whitespace after changing the icon's size, so it looks better.
Thank you!

Please attach a screenshot to clarify the problem.

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
Hi,
Thanks for the modules revival. Could you please make the paddings adjustable too? Even with a small icon size the toast is still a lot larger than standard toast.

Oreo 8.0 on OnePlus 5

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Hi,
Thanks for the modules revival. Could you please make the paddings adjustable too? Even with a small icon size the toast is still a lot larger than standard toast.

Oreo 8.0 on OnePlus 5

It's already scheduled for the next version, but it varies with the device. Please send a screenshot to highlight the problem.

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
It's already scheduled for the next version, but it varies with the device. Please send a screenshot to highlight the problem.
Original width, just cut out the application above

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180122-153512__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20180122-153512__01.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 549
  • Screenshot_20180122-153533__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20180122-153533__01.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 549

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Burnt Toast Revived is an updated version of @MohammadAG's Burnt Toast Xposed module. In this version I added support for the latest versions of Android that have rounded toast messages, and fixed the problem of the text too near to the border.
    NEW! It's now possible to change the size of the icon.
    NEW! It's now possible to change the size of the margins.

Description:
    This modules adds the app icon to toast messages, giving a more colorful look to them, and also making them more understandable.

Notes:
    Support for Android versions before Lollipop has been dropped. Please use the original module on KitKat and before.

Changelog:
    v1.6
    No more overlapping or delayed toast messages. When you change size, the old toast is dismissed before generating a new one.
    v1.5
    v1.4
    Initial release

Links:
    Source code: GitHub
    Download: Xposed Repo
    v1.6 is out now
    Changelog:
    v1.5 is out now
    Changelog:
    Not sure if you know this but Apps that are doing something with root access shows magisk icon.

Pixel 2xl Oreo 8.1
    It's normal. The app that manages root is Magisk (or SuperSU or another), so the notifications are coming from that app.
    It didn't upload because of the file limit
    My bad
    Edited and shared the link in previous post.:)

I sent you a DM, please check it out.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone