[MOD][Xposed] Burnt Toast

Search This thread

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Requires Xposed Framework!

Inspired by gabcas's Buttered Toast, this module adds the app icon to its Toast messages.

Screenshot:
1FMAberl.png

Compatibility:
Should work on all devices unless heavily modified.

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.burnttoast

Source code:
Source code is here: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Burnt-Toast
You may not post it on the Play Store, whether for free or not.

Last edited:

Steph310

Jul 3, 2012
Cahors
Alone Buttered and Burnt toast modules work fine but together there is a small layout problem.
Maybe can be correct otherwise note the incompatibility is to be used together...

Thanks for your nice work :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-19-15-30-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-19-15-30-00.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 9,324
Last edited:
Reactions: أبو بكر

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Alone Buttered and Burnt toast modules work fine but together there is a small layout problem.
Maybe can be correct otherwise note the incompatibility is to be used together...

Buttered Toast adds a TextView to the original toast which has a vertical layout. I change it to a horizontal layout so the icon is next to the top.

The incompatibility can't be easily fixed. Unless buttered toast adds the text to the existing text.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Steph310

Jul 3, 2012
Cahors
Buttered Toast adds a TextView to the original toast which has a vertical layout. I change it to a horizontal layout so the icon is next to the top.

The incompatibility can't be easily fixed. Unless buttered toast adds the text to the existing text.

Really not a problem!
2 nice modules and each one chooses! ;)

warci

Oct 15, 2011
Lower Saxony
Thanks, works fine.
But is it possible to limit the icon size in the next version ?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390147392565.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390147392565.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 3,081

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal

I noticed, it sucks that it's like that haha.

Thanks, works fine.
But is it possible to limit the icon size in the next version ?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk
+1 on this. Titanium Backup is another "offending" app, although not this big it's definitely bigger than it should be.

Another top notch idea Mohammad. :cyclops:

nativeridge

Jan 9, 2013
Perth
now this is nice! tried buttered but uninstalled as text of app :-/ not required
icons make it sweet :D
cheers

Sent from my Find 5 using Tapatalk

themadproducer

Aug 28, 2009

@MohammadAG
You are the rockstar of xmodules. Thank for another nice addition. Do you think you will be adding Title option?
@Steph310
There is an easy and effective temporary workaround for this alignment issue. What works for me, is to install v1.0 of Buttered Toast. The text lines up nicely to the icon. (reminder to reboot)

Last edited:
Reactions: Steph310

banderos101

Dec 26, 2010
Thankyou MohammadAG, anothr excelent contribution, you are a yoda of modules :)

A request, if a possible one, any idea if its possible to extend the toast "timeout", as in, when it first appears to when it disapears, say like, a 5 second timeout, as i find myself with some toasts having quite a bit of text, but not enough time to read it before the toas disapears.

Rom

Jul 1, 2013
Lyon
Your idea for this app is good but it work so so.. For exemple, i used SuperSU for manage access to root privileges and when i open XBlast or Unicon, the icon of SuperSU is display but no the icon of my other apps :(

Can you fit it?

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Your idea for this app is good but it work so so.. For exemple, i used SuperSU for manage access to root privileges and when i open XBlast or Unicon, the icon of SuperSU is display but no the icon of my other apps :(

Can you fit it?

The toast is displayed by SuperSU, not those apps. My module is working properly.

Top Liked Posts