[MOD] [XPosed] Disable charging led

BobLC

Dec 2, 2008
Hi guys,
I was looking for a simple way to disable the led when the phone is charging, without success...
So I decided to try it myself, with the XPosed framework.

Please feel free to try this mod : by default, all the leds are enable. You can enable/disable each led (low/charging/full) in the XPosed module settings.

The module is tested only on my 4.4.2 stock XPeria ZR. It should run on others phones (nothing specific to sony) but I did not try myself.

As usual with XPosed modules, you need to activate the module in XPosed, then reboot. You don't need to reboot when you change the leds settings.

Edit : Added to the XPosed module repository : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.boblc.disablechargingled

Edit : This mod cannot enable leds that are not enable in your rom/device. That's only for disabling it.

If you have any problem, please try the 1.0.2 version and activate the log in the settings. Please pm me the XPosed log to let me see what is wrong. Thanks.

Please post any suggestions/bugs/questions in this thread, thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

drdagreenphd

Jan 16, 2011
Lake Elsinore
Hi guys,
I was looking for a simple way to disable the led when the phone is charging, without success...
So I decided to try it myself, with the XPosed framework.

Please feel free to try this mod : by default, all the leds are enable. You can enable/disable each led (low/charging/full) in the XPosed module settings.

The module is tested only on my 4.3 stock XPeria ZR. It should run on others phones (nothing specific to sony) but I did not try myself.

As usual with XPosed modules, you need to activate the module in XPosed, then reboot. You don't need to reboot when you change the leds settings.

Edit : Added to the XPosed module repository : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.boblc.disablechargingled

Please post any suggestions/bugs/questions in this thread, thanks.
Tried installing and running on the Nexus 5, no dice.

mefistos

Feb 3, 2013
Sligo
Hi CatsAreGod, just to be sure, are you running on stock ? Which version ? Cause it seems that the Nexus 4 has no charging led on stock...
There is no charging LED on stock nexus... but it would be nice to have option to enable it... something like CM does...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BobLC

CatsAreGods

Nov 26, 2012
Rescue
Hi CatsAreGod, just to be sure, are you running on stock ? Which version ? Cause it seems that the Nexus 4 has no charging led on stock...
I'm stock 4.4.2 except for Franco kernel. And no, Nexus 4 does not have a dedicated charging LED, but I thought this used the notification LED for that purpose, as I've used other programs for that in the past.

BobLC

Dec 2, 2008
I'm stock 4.4.2 except for Franco kernel. And no, Nexus 4 does not have a dedicated charging LED, but I thought this used the notification LED for that purpose, as I've used other programs for that in the past.

Well, this mod is only for disabling already functionnal led, not for enabling led for device without charging led. I'm afraid I couldn't do anything for you :( At least not with this mod...

Reactions: mefistos

#Fear

Aug 26, 2013
Gravity box is awesome. But this mod is slightly different, it disable charging but lights up when full. Gravity disable it entirely when on plug.

Sent from .......

naeco

Dec 17, 2008
This mod doesn't work on HTC One Japanese (HTL22) either (Soku's cooked rom 4.2.2 and 4.3). I was annoyed with the red charging light at night and really hoped that this one was my life/eyes saver. :(

BobLC

Dec 2, 2008
This mod doesn't work on HTC One Japanese (HTL22) either (Soku's cooked rom 4.2.2 and 4.3). I was annoyed with the red charging light at night and really hoped that this one was my life/eyes saver. :(
Hi guys,
Sorry to hear you have problems with this mod.
I updated the first post to add the 1.0.1.dbg version, which is supposed to work on 4.4 roms, and log any problem in the XPosed log.
Please pm me this log, I will investigate.
Thanks for your help.

Reactions: naeco