[MOD][Xposed] Disable Google Location consent

Search This thread

Hirishiolo

Jun 7, 2012
Example2: Disagree means gps only mode
I enable gps via the quick toggles, the message box pops up and I do not hit the tick box that says "don't show this again" and I hit disagree. This then puts me in gps only mode. Now when I toggle the gs on and off in quicktoggles I will not see the nag screen pop up and it will always be in gps mode. The only way the nag box comes back up is when you go through settings > location and toggle it there, so yes you will see a popup box again, so if you ONLY enable gps in quicktoggles, even though you hit disagree and left the box unticked on the nag sccreen, you will never see the nag screen.

thank you for your long explanation, but it isn't as you describe, at least not for me. I want everytime Device only mode.

When I enable gps via the quick toggles, the message box pops up. if I press Disagree, than the gps doesn't turn on. I have to go through settings->location and turn on the gps. And the message box pops up. I press Disagree a second time and now I have correctly GPS on and in Device only mode. If then I click the quicksetting button the message box pops up. If I click Disagree it does nothing. To set GPS off I have to go through settings and turn off gps.

Another example. I have gps off. I want it on so I go through settings and enable it. The message box pops up and I click Disagree. Then I click Off and gps turn off. Then I reclick ON and the message box pops up another time and I have to reclick Disagree.

So it is interesting a way to automatically click Disagree because it pops up everytime...

EDIT: problem resolved. There is a new option in Settings->Notification Drawer->QuickSettingsPanel->LocationModes. If you select Device only than the nasty popup doesn't show and the mode is set correctly.

Last edited:

easyrider77

Dec 3, 2009
thank you for your long explanation, but it isn't as you describe, at least not for me. I want everytime Device only mode.

When I enable gps via the quick toggles, the message box pops up. if I press Disagree, than the gps doesn't turn on. I have to go through settings->location and turn on the gps. And the message box pops up. I press Disagree a second time and now I have correctly GPS on and in Device only mode. If then I click the quicksetting button the message box pops up. If I click Disagree it does nothing. To set GPS off I have to go through settings and turn off gps.

Another example. I have gps off. I want it on so I go through settings and enable it. The message box pops up and I click Disagree. Then I click Off and gps turn off. Then I reclick ON and the message box pops up another time and I have to reclick Disagree.

So it is interesting a way to automatically click Disagree because it pops up everytime...

EDIT: problem resolved. There is a new option in Settings->Notification Drawer->QuickSettingsPanel->LocationModes. If you select Device only than the nasty popup doesn't show and the mode is set correctly.

I apologize for the confusion. It seems as if different carriers handle things different. I'm currently on sprint so it may well be that things are done.
One thing I don't even have the setting your referring to.
Secondly I think sprint has a software flaw in their s4. What I mean is that using location settings if I agree to the pop up it then sets it to high accuracy and battery saver mode. The location NEVER shuts off so it's stuck on 24/7 and in turn drains the battery severely.
The reason I say it's a software flaw is all the aosp roms like cm and carbon, as well as the Verizon tw roms I've used......not a single one has this issue. It toggles on and off between high accuracy and battery saver just fine but....it does toggle off when not in use.

I'm actually kinda disappointed in this phone over my s3. Hardware wise it's awesome. If only they could get the software to work with it.

Again I wasn't thinking about different carriers, so I apologize for any confusion.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: skorasaurus

eresac

Jan 24, 2009

Same behavoiur here (sony xperia Z1 compact 4.4.4).
But I can't find the setting mentioned in the edit :(

mnetwork

Jul 25, 2008
Issues with Note 3/JasmineROM

I installed this module on my VZW Note 3 (JasmineROM 2.4.1) and it added a over a minute to my boot times. After the device would boot up Google Play would randomly crash. After uninstalling Play was no longer crashing and boot times were back to normal. Sad, as it did suppress the warning like it was supposed to.

skorasaurus

Dec 23, 2010
I apologize for the confusion. It seems as if different carriers handle things different. I'm currently on sprint so it may well be that things are done.
One thing I don't even have the setting your referring to.
Secondly I think sprint has a software flaw in their s4. What I mean is that using location settings if I agree to the pop up it then sets it to high accuracy and battery saver mode. The location NEVER shuts off so it's stuck on 24/7 and in turn drains the battery severely.
The reason I say it's a software flaw is all the aosp roms like cm and carbon, as well as the Verizon tw roms I've used......not a single one has this issue. It toggles on and off between high accuracy and battery saver just fine but....it does toggle off when not in use.

I'm actually kinda disappointed in this phone over my s3. Hardware wise it's awesome. If only they could get the software to work with it.

Again I wasn't thinking about different carriers, so I apologize for any confusion.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Free mobile app

With this and my experience, this module may still be needed, as it depends on the carrier that you have.

Hirishiolo

Jun 7, 2012
I think this module is needed to automatically click "disagree". If I start gps from settings the popup constantly appears.
And with a guardian app like "Cerberus", everytime the app start the gps connection (to send me where is the thief), the popup appears, alerting the thief that something on the phone is using location...

bob23bk

Dec 14, 2014
^^^ agreed, I once found a way to disable this permanently without agreeing but cannot seem to find it anymore. Sprint note 3 kitkat ( custom ROM) as others have said, I have it on gps only, etc, but the notification reappears every time I enable gps regardless. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated

megadrive-pna

Apr 6, 2015
stop working

stop working after upgrade google play services from 6.x to 7.3.29 on kitkat stock rom lg l70.
And please add a option: make "Auto-agree" OR "Auto-disagree".

Last edited:
Reactions: Dudebowski

soldier9599

Feb 8, 2013
When I first found this I assumed it would automatically disagree. I mean who in their right mind would agree? High accuracy mode is not appreciably more accurate. GPS is far too accurate for the network to provide a meaningful improvement. The so called "high accuracy mode" is really just another way for Google to scam you into sharing more of your personal data with them, not to mention the increased battery drain. I do appreciate the work that went into this module, but sadly it has been misguided and I have no use for it because convenience is not worth sacrificing my privacy over. It would be great if it at least had the option to disagree by default.

bkkzak

Sep 19, 2015
Montana
This module doesn't work for me on my Verizon Samsung S4 and it looks like the dev hasn't been on XDA since February. Anybody know of another app/module that accomplishes this?

Atharkhan101

Dec 1, 2013
Hyderabad
Thank you Mohammed AG for this awesome module. Guys like you make android experience awesome.

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 + Rooted + TWRP Recovery + MiUi 8 Tweaks.

Previous device: Micromax Canvas 4 A210 Jellybean 4.2.2 (Lollipop themed rom by FSadino + Gravitybox).

Atharkhan101

Dec 1, 2013
Hyderabad
Please also that 'location accuracy tips' annoys a lot. Please add option to disable it too.

Thank you for your great work.

Previous device: Micromax Canvas 4 A210 Jellybean 4.2.2 (Lollipop themed rom by FSadino + Gravitybox).

Atharkhan101

Dec 1, 2013
Hyderabad
@MohammadAG please add the option to disable location accuracy tip. It's annoying to see that pop up.

I've attached the screenshot. 1491381670060.jpg

Reactions: kamikaze702k

jasonkhoo87

Feb 14, 2011
Hi, can you compile to agree instead of disagree? Or make an option for user. Because some user might want to disagree or agree but everytime to choose after gps on is to tedious.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework!

This module auto-agrees to and disables this dialog:
    g4D16Ril.png

Compatibility:
    This mod should work on all devices with Google's NetworkLocation.apk, which is shipped with devices that are Play Store certified.

Source:
    The mod is open source, and licensed under GPLv3: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Disable-Location-Consent

Download:
    By installing this module, you agree to the following:
    "Allow Google's location service to collect anonymous location data. Some data may be stored on your device. Collection may occur even when no apps are running."
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.disablelocationconsent

Thanks to:

Support development:
    If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.
    In the new gapps there is a "Do not show again" checkbox on the location consent, so if you are having force closes, you do not need the module.
    Well, I don't know if MohammadAG ever planned on updating this for KitKat, but I rather liked the idea of it, so I took the liberty of updating it myself (I don't have 10 posts yet, so I can't post a link, but just copy this into your browser): github.com/zenzizenzic/Xposed-Disable-Location-Consent/releases

It seems to work fine here. The radio buttons occasionally flash briefly when moving from "Device only" to "Battery saving" or "High accuracy" (the latter two options use network location, thus prompting the location consent dialog to open), as described by MohammadAG in the first post. However, the setting definitely appears to stick.

If anyone wouldn't mind testing this a little more, I could put it up on the Xposed module repo as well.
    Hello,I think i have found why the module don't work anymore whit android 4.4.The change is in the xposed framework that have changed the afterhookedmethod() with getextra() -- (And this module use exactly this method).I'm not a developer so i ask for someone to make this change.Here is the documentation for new method:

https:// github. com/rovo89/XposedBridge/commit/3c18f6f6bd4e0ec57898b3b3a79b5584d0396054#diff-0

https:// github. com/rovo89/XposedBridge/blob/3c18f6f6bd4e0ec57898b3b3a79b5584d0396054/src/de/robv/android/xposed/callbacks/XCallback.java

And here the source code: https:// github. com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Disable-Location-Consent
    Many thanks to those who will listen to me.

Sorry, but this isn't it. That change is related to extra fields set by the developer of a module, not fields from a hooked class.

This doesn't work anymore as the whole class was moved to Google Play Services, which is obfuscated.

I already have a full workaround ready, but it keeps resetting the setting after switching to network mode.

In any case, I guess I'll eventually figure it out...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    What's that if you don't mind me asking?

In your Tasker task go to the +, then input, then dpad, basically it simulates like a tab press on Windows, you can say dpad right to highlight the ok button, then dpad push to push it, the pop-up still shows ofc, but it autoaccepts it, better than nothing for now I guess! Happy New Year Btw!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone