[MOD][Xposed] Disable Google Location consent

Search This thread

jelle2503

Mar 12, 2011
Just install 6.1.07 google play services from androidpolice and this module becomes obsolete, since it has a "do not show again" checkbox

Reactions: Snowblond

legaldeejay

Dec 2, 2013
All I know is that after reverting back to an older version of Google Play Services and using LBE Security Master, my battery power has improved dramatically. Perhaps this was after doing a factory reset, I don't know.

fruity101079

Jul 30, 2011
Same here. A lot of processes error since last updates. I just found the problem comes from this module.
It also blocks xposed framework to access to modules server.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

stueycaster

Aug 19, 2011
Indianapolis
About searching for this, I tried all morning to find it on Google and never found it. Finally I searched XDA and found it in the LG G3 forum. I really would have thought Google should have found it. I personally think it's better to just answer the question than to rant because someone didn't find it on their own. Sometimes search doesn't work all that well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

easyrider77

Dec 3, 2009
About searching for this, I tried all morning to find it on Google and never found it. Finally I searched XDA and found it in the LG G3 forum. I really would have thought Google should have found it. I personally think it's better to just answer the question than to rant because someone didn't find it on their own. Sometimes search doesn't work all that well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I agree but that doesn't seem to be the general consensus around this forums, so I just basically quit posting, helping, etc. Again I'm not good at searches, and if I get repremanded for not being good at search then the only alternative for me is to say nothing.
I mean no disrespect nor do I hold any ill feeling towards anyone, just using the options I have left at hand.
I'm glad there is someone else that chimed in though, at least now I don't feel so out of place. :D
Just FYI, I am not one to just blindly post, anyone who's seen me on here knows that I do everything possible to search and find the answer myself before asking. I also do not get any flak over at android forums so I tend to go there instead of here. Doesn't matter either way to me I just think people get to anal or hung up on petty thing, just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I agree but that doesn't seem to be the general consensus around this forums, so I just basically quit posting, helping, etc. Again I'm not good at searches, and if I get repremanded for not being good at search then the only alternative for me is to say nothing.
I mean no disrespect nor do I hold any ill feeling towards anyone, just using the options I have left at hand.
This happens every once in a while in some thread. As a mod, let me chime in a bit here because I feel it's necessary (and I really don't like to see people getting discouraged from helping others).

People don't tell you to search because they don't like you or because they look down at you (if their post is actually offensive, that's against the forum rules – please report the post), but because they've probably seen the question asked a few times already. The first time they help, the second time as well, but as more and more people come in and don't bother to read even the post above theirs, it gets frustrating.

Sure, there's always a way to phrase it better (e.g. "It's been posted a few pages back, look for that.") that would help people better while letting them know they could've searched for it, but when you see the same questions again and again, you sometimes lose it… because most of us :)p) are human, and because you tend to assume the 10th person to do something didn't bother to search like the other 9.

My advice? Search before you post using some keywords and read the first and last few pages (actually, do this first – it's often faster and better than searching). Understandably, that doesn't always work and sometimes you don't find what you're looking for even though it's there, and that's fine. So if someone asks you to search, thank the member and politely ask him to be more specific. Most will be happy to help you further if they see you've actually tried or if you're having difficulties. :)

(Sadly, as more people ask the same questions and receive the same answers, you eventually get to a point where searching only gets you "Search for it" results. What I usually do in these cases is reply to myself with a link to the answer to save future askers some trouble. Having a FAQ definitely helps, too!)

Hope this helps a bit. :highfive:

u1988

Dec 22, 2011
Please update your version. Please correct the errors google service.
@MohammadAG @brolee93

Thank you for a great MOD. :good:
I keep get in errors google service...
I read in the web that google cancel that Massage so I disable this mod for now..
(becasue that this error keep coming up)
Can anyone know which ver. or update fix (cancel the massage) that problem from google so we all know?

Update: maybe from Google Play services 6.1.05-6.1.07+
http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/help/google-play-services-force-close-t2887308

Last edited:
Reactions: brolee93

ciborio

Aug 29, 2012
Rome
Same issue for me and HERE too

Android 4.4.4
Google Play Services 6.11
Disable Google Network Location consent module 1.2

I must disable the module to have no problems.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

much thanks to @MohammadAG, but this mod is no longer required if you Google Play Services has been updated to version 6+. When you attempt to turn off location services, you'll get a checkbox that allows you to disable the popup this module used to hide...

I read this post just now.
Well this explains the solution of the issue.

n3m37h

Dec 3, 2011
Belleville, Ontario
Causing google services framework to stop working

Well for the past week I've been batting my brains out trying to figure out what the hell happened
Today I finally did a factory reset and narrowed it down and well here we are lol
I'm on a LG G3 running KK 4.4.2

Alldroidrider

Oct 26, 2013
chennai
was using this mod for sometime now and it was very useful...but I am also getting Google Play services FC for the past week..ve to disable to use the rom...

:good::good::good:

xxxxxz

Sep 12, 2004
@MohammadAG: Can you please push an update with the notice that this is not needed anymore and causes crashes at system start? Should save time of many people :D Thx to @ffejy462 for the hint

Hi,
maybe my question is heading into the wrong direction.
In the latest version you are able to agree and also checking the "don't show this again" checkbox. However, the checkbox disables the "Disagree" button
That means there is no way to *permanently* withhold consent. Is there also a solution to disable the location service and also to get rid of this message.

Reactions: Chance617

Teo128

Dec 13, 2013
After last update this module isn't necessary anymore cause you can disable the location consent window now. Using this module just make "Play services location service" crash.

If you still got problems with play service try to uninstall the updates from the settings/app menu or to update to the last release (3/10). https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=it
I updated this morning, my Nexus4 works fine and I don't need the module anymore:good:

I've been using this module for a few months and I thank very much the developer for his effort, I'm happy that finally google made possible to remember or choice for the location consent instead of asking each time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework!

This module auto-agrees to and disables this dialog:
    g4D16Ril.png

Compatibility:
    This mod should work on all devices with Google's NetworkLocation.apk, which is shipped with devices that are Play Store certified.

Source:
    The mod is open source, and licensed under GPLv3: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Disable-Location-Consent

Download:
    By installing this module, you agree to the following:
    "Allow Google's location service to collect anonymous location data. Some data may be stored on your device. Collection may occur even when no apps are running."
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.disablelocationconsent

Thanks to:

Support development:
    If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.
    In the new gapps there is a "Do not show again" checkbox on the location consent, so if you are having force closes, you do not need the module.
    Well, I don't know if MohammadAG ever planned on updating this for KitKat, but I rather liked the idea of it, so I took the liberty of updating it myself (I don't have 10 posts yet, so I can't post a link, but just copy this into your browser): github.com/zenzizenzic/Xposed-Disable-Location-Consent/releases

It seems to work fine here. The radio buttons occasionally flash briefly when moving from "Device only" to "Battery saving" or "High accuracy" (the latter two options use network location, thus prompting the location consent dialog to open), as described by MohammadAG in the first post. However, the setting definitely appears to stick.

If anyone wouldn't mind testing this a little more, I could put it up on the Xposed module repo as well.
    Hello,I think i have found why the module don't work anymore whit android 4.4.The change is in the xposed framework that have changed the afterhookedmethod() with getextra() -- (And this module use exactly this method).I'm not a developer so i ask for someone to make this change.Here is the documentation for new method:

https:// github. com/rovo89/XposedBridge/commit/3c18f6f6bd4e0ec57898b3b3a79b5584d0396054#diff-0

https:// github. com/rovo89/XposedBridge/blob/3c18f6f6bd4e0ec57898b3b3a79b5584d0396054/src/de/robv/android/xposed/callbacks/XCallback.java

And here the source code: https:// github. com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Disable-Location-Consent
    Many thanks to those who will listen to me.

Sorry, but this isn't it. That change is related to extra fields set by the developer of a module, not fields from a hooked class.

This doesn't work anymore as the whole class was moved to Google Play Services, which is obfuscated.

I already have a full workaround ready, but it keeps resetting the setting after switching to network mode.

In any case, I guess I'll eventually figure it out...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    What's that if you don't mind me asking?

In your Tasker task go to the +, then input, then dpad, basically it simulates like a tab press on Windows, you can say dpad right to highlight the ok button, then dpad push to push it, the pop-up still shows ofc, but it autoaccepts it, better than nothing for now I guess! Happy New Year Btw!