[MOD][Xposed] Disable Google Location consent

Search This thread

ccrows

Aug 14, 2010
The latest Google Play Services (Version 4.0.34) is crashing this module. with a "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped error".

Unfortunately uninstalling the latest GP Services isn't an option either because Maps and Hangouts are requesting it.

So right now I have to "disable this module" to avoid the "GP services error" but now I get the stupid "Location Consent popup" each and every time I turn on GPS and whether I hit agree or disagree it doesn't matter.

So unless this models gets updated, I'm screwed with popups no matter what.

Just one of the MANY reasons why I HATE KitKat, and IMHO Jelly Bean was waaaaaaaaaaaay better.... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 12gage

12gage

Sep 3, 2007
Albany, OR
The latest Google Play Services (Version 4.0.34) is crashing this module. with a "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped error".

Unfortunately uninstalling the latest GP Services isn't an option either because Maps and Hangouts are requesting it.

So right now I have to "disable this module" to avoid the "GP services error" but now I get the stupid "Location Consent popup" each and every time I turn on GPS and whether I hit agree or disagree it doesn't matter.

So unless this models gets updated, I'm screwed with popups no matter what.

Just one of the MANY reasons why I HATE KitKat, and IMHO Jelly Bean was waaaaaaaaaaaay better.... :(

I too get this and I heard it's been incompatible since 6.xxx, I've been having this crash for a while. Any chance of the module getting an update?

edit: nevermind, I disable the mod and see that Play Service will remember your choice if you agree, pop up all gone. And I wiped my ROM at one point trying to get rid of that error, wish I would have checked this thread earlier

Last edited:
Reactions: ccrows

slickdap

Jun 22, 2014
I love this Xposed Module....but I am getting the Google Play Services error as well. I would love an update to this module! :D:D

gorejakz

Apr 18, 2010
Doesn't work with Japanese S4 (SC-04e)

Says Google play stopped working then asks for the gps agreement

srosner

Dec 20, 2012
Hi,
I am using S4 with 4.4.2 KK.
Is there a way to use this module, but actually have it decline each time, instead of accept the Google Location Service?

ccrows

Aug 14, 2010
Just an update.

Google Play Services got updated earlier today for me to version 6.1.74.

Tried the module again, but unfortunately no luck, just a bunch of stop working messages. :(

If there is any chance that this module can be updated, that would be awesome...

Last edited:
Reactions: latinohot

ccrows

Aug 14, 2010
no need for an update, Google made it so this module is no longer needed as it is now a native option to click "never show again"

Gotta disagree, Module is still needed.

On my phone when you click "never show again" you can't click "disagree".

^ Basically when you tick the checkbox, disagree becomes greyed out. :(

If anybody has a workaround for this to get never ask again and Disagree as an option, I'm all ears...

DrSeussFreak

If anybody has a workaround for this to get never ask again and Disagree as an option, I'm all ears...

That defeats the purpose of the checkbox in it's entirety, if you disagree there is no need to click the checkbox in the first place.

easyrider77

Dec 3, 2009

The way it works is like this :

Agree = toggle between high accuracy and battery saver modes, (so it doesn't enter GPS only mode).

Disagree = GPS only mode.

This is why the disagree is greyed out, because it never goes into GPS only mode, that is what disagree sets.

When in GPS only mode Google location assistance stuff is disabled and not used, but you can toggle GPS on and off and not get the notification pop-up.

The only way you will ever get a popup is if you agree, and that's what the "do not show this" popup box is for.

Once you agree then toggle the do not show box, to use gps only mode you will have to manually go into settings and set GPS mode by hand every time.

The only way to get the check box back so you can choose agree or disagree is to uninstall the updates and re-download them again.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: themadproducer

geco0ol

Jul 26, 2009
google play services crash

I love this module. The trouble is that I can't keep it installed because it will keep Google play services crash every minute a couple of times. It is very annoying to keep dismissing the alert saying that.
Device: i9300
Kernel 3.0.6

An update fixing this critical issue would be much appreciated

Hirishiolo

Jun 7, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G

Agree = toggle between high accuracy and battery saver modes, (so it doesn't enter GPS only mode).

This is why the disagree is greyed out, because it never goes into GPS only mode, that is what disagree sets.

When in GPS only mode Google location assistance stuff is disabled and not used, but you can toggle GPS on and off and not get the notification pop-up.

The only way you will ever get a popup is if you agree, and that's what the "do not show this" popup box is for.

Once you agree then toggle the do not show box, to use gps only mode you will have to manually go into settings and set GPS mode by hand every time.

The only way to get the check box back so you can choose agree or disagree is to uninstall the updates and re-download them again.

After last GoogleService Update, even if I click "Disagree", every time I turn on GPS the popup ask me if using the Google's location service... how can I resolve? thanks in advance

skorasaurus

Dec 23, 2010
Thanks for the updates and to the author for making this mod in the first place.

The 'location consent' pop-up is still present for me every time I activate the GPS and there is NOT a 'do not show this checkbox' in the dialogue window.

\I've read the past 6 pages and read that this module isn't needed if google play services 6.1.07+ .

But I have a s5 (verizon, rooted w/ towelroot, stock rom), with google play services version 6.1.83 (1522025-038), kitkat 4.4.4, disabled the module, restarted and still had the pop-up (with no checkbox).

When I've enabled the module, the pop-up still happens, and the process.location is force closed.

Last edited:

eresac

Jan 24, 2009

So the point is (forgive me if I'm wrong), that with last google locations services, I have a check allowing me not to get popped up every time I switch on location.
This makes this module not necessary anymore.
But that "set it and forget it" check, is unavailable when choosing not to share location data ("disagree" option).
So a "disable location consent" is still needed for those who want to use GPS only mode.
And the module here should be upgraded in order to disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hirishiolo

easyrider77

Dec 3, 2009
So the point is (forgive me if I'm wrong), that with last google locations services, I have a check allowing me not to get popped up every time I switch on location.
This makes this module not necessary anymore.
But that "set it and forget it" check, is unavailable when choosing not to share location data ("disagree" option).
So a "disable location consent" is still needed for those who want to use GPS only mode.
And the module here should be upgraded in order to disagree.

With the new google consent box if you check-mark it, it then grays out the option to "disagree" therefor it will automatically set it to toggle between high accuracy and battery saver (not gps only). If you do NOT tick the google check-box and hit disagree, and tha will then put it in "gps only" mode, which in turn does not need a confirmation at all, so if in gps only mode you will never get a message pop up at all, therefor you won't need this module.
Either way you choose you will not need this module anymore, because if you agree, and tick the check-box you get no message, if you don't hot the tick-box and disagree you still will not be presented with a message at all.

The differences in short are as I stated:
A: choosing to agree sets it to toggle between high accuracy and battery saver (no gps mode)
or
B: choosing to disagree sets it to gps only mode (no high accuracy and battery saver). If you choose disagree and use gps mode only it won't nag you when you toggle gps off and on through the quick settings. The only way you will get the nag screen again is if you toggle location via settings > location.

Once you hit the tickbox and then hit agree, that then sets it to automatically use high accuracy and battery saver modes. I don't know how to revert bac to auto useing gps, aside from uninstalling updates and re-installing udaates via the playstore, which will in turm=n bring back the tick box.

Example1: Agree means High accuracy and battery saver mode
I enable gps via the quick toggles, the message box pops up and I check the box that says "don't show this again" you will see that disagee is now grayed out and you cannot hit anything but agree, which means high accruacy and battery saver mode, I then and hit agree. I am now in high accuracy mode and battery saver mode toggling back and forth......on = high accuracy, off=battery saver mode. Now when I toggle the gps on in quick toggles, since I hit do not show again you will not get the nag screen. This also does not show the nag screen when you toggle through settings > location.

Example2: Disagree means gps only mode
I enable gps via the quick toggles, the message box pops up and I do not hit the tick box that says "don't show this again" and I hit disagree. This then puts me in gps only mode. Now when I toggle the gs on and off in quicktoggles I will not see the nag screen pop up and it will always be in gps mode. The only way the nag box comes back up is when you go through settings > location and toggle it there, so yes you will see a popup box again, so if you ONLY enable gps in quicktoggles, even though you hit disagree and left the box unticked on the nag sccreen, you will never see the nag screen.

In short this module isn't needed any more and causes FC's.

Hirishiolo

Jun 7, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Example2: Disagree means gps only mode
I enable gps via the quick toggles, the message box pops up and I do not hit the tick box that says "don't show this again" and I hit disagree. This then puts me in gps only mode. Now when I toggle the gs on and off in quicktoggles I will not see the nag screen pop up and it will always be in gps mode. The only way the nag box comes back up is when you go through settings > location and toggle it there, so yes you will see a popup box again, so if you ONLY enable gps in quicktoggles, even though you hit disagree and left the box unticked on the nag sccreen, you will never see the nag screen.

thank you for your long explanation, but it isn't as you describe, at least not for me. I want everytime Device only mode.

When I enable gps via the quick toggles, the message box pops up. if I press Disagree, than the gps doesn't turn on. I have to go through settings->location and turn on the gps. And the message box pops up. I press Disagree a second time and now I have correctly GPS on and in Device only mode. If then I click the quicksetting button the message box pops up. If I click Disagree it does nothing. To set GPS off I have to go through settings and turn off gps.

Another example. I have gps off. I want it on so I go through settings and enable it. The message box pops up and I click Disagree. Then I click Off and gps turn off. Then I reclick ON and the message box pops up another time and I have to reclick Disagree.

So it is interesting a way to automatically click Disagree because it pops up everytime...

EDIT: problem resolved. There is a new option in Settings->Notification Drawer->QuickSettingsPanel->LocationModes. If you select Device only than the nasty popup doesn't show and the mode is set correctly.

Last edited:

easyrider77

Dec 3, 2009
thank you for your long explanation, but it isn't as you describe, at least not for me. I want everytime Device only mode.

When I enable gps via the quick toggles, the message box pops up. if I press Disagree, than the gps doesn't turn on. I have to go through settings->location and turn on the gps. And the message box pops up. I press Disagree a second time and now I have correctly GPS on and in Device only mode. If then I click the quicksetting button the message box pops up. If I click Disagree it does nothing. To set GPS off I have to go through settings and turn off gps.

Another example. I have gps off. I want it on so I go through settings and enable it. The message box pops up and I click Disagree. Then I click Off and gps turn off. Then I reclick ON and the message box pops up another time and I have to reclick Disagree.

So it is interesting a way to automatically click Disagree because it pops up everytime...

EDIT: problem resolved. There is a new option in Settings->Notification Drawer->QuickSettingsPanel->LocationModes. If you select Device only than the nasty popup doesn't show and the mode is set correctly.

I apologize for the confusion. It seems as if different carriers handle things different. I'm currently on sprint so it may well be that things are done.
One thing I don't even have the setting your referring to.
Secondly I think sprint has a software flaw in their s4. What I mean is that using location settings if I agree to the pop up it then sets it to high accuracy and battery saver mode. The location NEVER shuts off so it's stuck on 24/7 and in turn drains the battery severely.
The reason I say it's a software flaw is all the aosp roms like cm and carbon, as well as the Verizon tw roms I've used......not a single one has this issue. It toggles on and off between high accuracy and battery saver just fine but....it does toggle off when not in use.

I'm actually kinda disappointed in this phone over my s3. Hardware wise it's awesome. If only they could get the software to work with it.

Again I wasn't thinking about different carriers, so I apologize for any confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: skorasaurus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework!

This module auto-agrees to and disables this dialog:
    g4D16Ril.png

Compatibility:
    This mod should work on all devices with Google's NetworkLocation.apk, which is shipped with devices that are Play Store certified.

Source:
    The mod is open source, and licensed under GPLv3: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Disable-Location-Consent

Download:
    By installing this module, you agree to the following:
    "Allow Google's location service to collect anonymous location data. Some data may be stored on your device. Collection may occur even when no apps are running."
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.disablelocationconsent

Thanks to:

Support development:
    If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.
    In the new gapps there is a "Do not show again" checkbox on the location consent, so if you are having force closes, you do not need the module.
    Well, I don't know if MohammadAG ever planned on updating this for KitKat, but I rather liked the idea of it, so I took the liberty of updating it myself (I don't have 10 posts yet, so I can't post a link, but just copy this into your browser): github.com/zenzizenzic/Xposed-Disable-Location-Consent/releases

It seems to work fine here. The radio buttons occasionally flash briefly when moving from "Device only" to "Battery saving" or "High accuracy" (the latter two options use network location, thus prompting the location consent dialog to open), as described by MohammadAG in the first post. However, the setting definitely appears to stick.

If anyone wouldn't mind testing this a little more, I could put it up on the Xposed module repo as well.
    Hello,I think i have found why the module don't work anymore whit android 4.4.The change is in the xposed framework that have changed the afterhookedmethod() with getextra() -- (And this module use exactly this method).I'm not a developer so i ask for someone to make this change.Here is the documentation for new method:

https:// github. com/rovo89/XposedBridge/commit/3c18f6f6bd4e0ec57898b3b3a79b5584d0396054#diff-0

https:// github. com/rovo89/XposedBridge/blob/3c18f6f6bd4e0ec57898b3b3a79b5584d0396054/src/de/robv/android/xposed/callbacks/XCallback.java

And here the source code: https:// github. com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Disable-Location-Consent
    Many thanks to those who will listen to me.

Sorry, but this isn't it. That change is related to extra fields set by the developer of a module, not fields from a hooked class.

This doesn't work anymore as the whole class was moved to Google Play Services, which is obfuscated.

I already have a full workaround ready, but it keeps resetting the setting after switching to network mode.

In any case, I guess I'll eventually figure it out...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    What's that if you don't mind me asking?

In your Tasker task go to the +, then input, then dpad, basically it simulates like a tab press on Windows, you can say dpad right to highlight the ok button, then dpad push to push it, the pop-up still shows ofc, but it autoaccepts it, better than nothing for now I guess! Happy New Year Btw!