• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][XPOSED] Eternal Process Lock V1.4

Search This thread

firmaniac

Sep 22, 2016
Jakarta
I have updated this to work with Android Q. There are zero logs produced and you can confirm it is working by doing what I did in the screenshot. Updated version is attached, please uninstall previous versions first.

I have also changed it to mark the apps locked via the eternal lock option as a system app. These apps will not be closed down UNLESS it is absolutely necessary. I could add the exception option which REFUSES to kill the app regardless (these are known as native processes, IE kernel is running them) but I do not think that is necessary.

If you run the following code either in a terminal emulator or in adb shell, you can check your locked app's oom_adj values which will let you know if it is working. I missed this module because my keyboard and Always On Display would occasionally get killed because they would get pushed to "empty app" status. Now they will never be.
View attachment 5125891

EDIT: Found a few things I missed. Fixed and is attached.

Thanks, it works on android 10 with EdXposed.

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
I have updated this to work with Android Q. There are zero logs produced and you can confirm it is working by doing what I did in the screenshot. Updated version is attached, please uninstall previous versions first.

EDIT: Found a few things I missed. Fixed and is attached.

When I installed this (uninstalled the other one), I noticed that it has an older version (2.8 compared to 3.2).

Also, I checked 8 items. But 2 of them didn't get moved to the top of the list, so unless I scroll down through the list of apps, I won't realize that there are 2 more apps locked (Red Lock) unless I happen to remember.

Thank You

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:
    Modify process oom_adj parameters by intercepting AMS
    ,prevent the application from being cleaned when running out of memory。

Features:
    1. Frequent applications running out of memory are cleaned up by the system.

Download: repo.xposed.info/module/top.fols.aapp.eternalprocessxposed

Xposed Package Name: top.fols.aapp.eternalprocessxposed
    Current Beta Version: 3.1.6

Changes:
    Improving Module Compatibility
    fixed bug

Created 2018-05-30
    Last Updated 2019-04-28

Github: https://github.com/xiaoxinwangluo/android_xposedapp_eternalprocessxposed
    5b0e515d0b912.png
    I have open source code https://github.com/xiaoxinwangluo/android_xposedapp_eternalprocessxposed

There was no open source code before because I didn't use github. It's not a joke. Most recently, I used GitHub Desktop so I could upload the source code.
    Only problem (for me), It keeps spamming xposed logs.
    Yeah I had this too. I modded the apk to remove it.

Hope this isn't abandoned as it s a really useful mod, even nowadays.
    Please add the possibility to choose the ooj level.

I wouldn't mind this as well. But it appears the OP has stopped working on it. If they don't reply soon, I'll mod it and post the apk and if the OP doesn't like it i'll remove it then.
    Sorry This is my problem

I have fixed this bug
    THIS IS GREAT! My phone has 6 gigs of RAM and Android still would never use more than about 1.3. I would have to wait SECONDS for the stupid messaging app to reload and by then I forgot what I was going to say. ITS frigging 2018! My freaking Palm Pilot was faster.

Now with this mod i locked my important apps in memory and they START INSTANTLY like they god damn well should have in the FIRST PLACE. And I still have 3 gigs of free memory. Why the hell doesn't Android work like this in the first place? Of course it would be reasonable if I had a sissy loser phone with 2 gigs RAM, but it knows damn well I have 6. What the hell is it saving all that extra RAM for? Of all the stupid things.