• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][XPOSED] Hide Apps Xposed (v1.1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Nov 10, 2013
plus.google.com
new bug fix release v1.0.4

Currently I have some extra time so I was able to fix the latest bug :victory: Version 1.0.4 should fix the bug where all apps with same name (e.g. Clock) get hidden if one of them is selected to hide.

Last edited:
Reactions: elban and diggmc

Moose0704

May 6, 2012
Yet another release - v1.1.0. This release adds an enhancement that apps keep hidden even when updated. For now there are no open issues...

Well I have one issue, I put the "nest browser" icon on my home screen then hide it and reboot, when it boots back up the next browser is now gone off the home screen, I have to unhide it then put it back and keep it unhidden.

Nov 10, 2013
plus.google.com
Well I have one issue, I put the "nest browser" icon on my home screen then hide it and reboot, when it boots back up the next browser is now gone off the home screen, I have to unhide it then put it back and keep it unhidden.

Did you tried to add it to homescreen without hiding from app drawer and reboot? Is it still on homescreen after reboot?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eyeisdasteve

Dec 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So I have a question. I just hid the Hide Apps Module as well as the Xposed App.

So now I can't make any changes because I can't get to either.

Hmmm. What should I do now?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vinaaa

Sep 15, 2011
São Paulo
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
APP is putting names beginning with lowercase after the end of the list

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390083845876.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390083845876.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 271
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390083877805.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390083877805.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 267

vinaaa

Sep 15, 2011
São Paulo
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
sorry dude, your APP are uninstalled and Xposed is deactivated, and the error persists as you can see. I think it must be a cyanogenmod problem because in my print you can see the list of installed apps have the same problems.

(This is new for me)

It's possiblem add an option to sort the APP list?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390092058099.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390092058099.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 205
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390092069172.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390092069172.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 201
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390092084081.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390092084081.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 198
Nov 10, 2013
plus.google.com
sorry dude, your APP are uninstalled and Xposed is deactivated, and the error persists as you can see. I think it must be a cyanogenmod problem because in my print you can see the list of installed apps have the same problems.

(This is new for me)

It's possiblem add an option to sort the APP list?

Do you use a nightly of CM? Wait some time, it should be fixed soon ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
How does this work does it block the method used to get the applications?

(getIntentActivities?)

Would be cool if this could be targeted by the user to his/her launcher app or so.

I'm using a sidebar launcher (appsi sidebar - just the best looking..) but it does not natively allow to hide apps.

It uses the method "getIntentActivities" (found out with xprivacy) to figure out the installed apps, like most other launchers do as well afaik.

Could you add support for this and/or give us the ability to enable this for user chosen target apps? (like a general purpose app hider?)

Would be awesome! So many apps do not allow to filter apps out that you dont want to show up. An xposed module against this behaviour would be the perfect fix.

Nov 10, 2013
plus.google.com
How does this work does it block the method used to get the applications?

(getIntentActivities?)

Would be cool if this could be targeted by the user to his/her launcher app or so.

I'm using a sidebar launcher (appsi sidebar - just the best looking..) but it does not natively allow to hide apps.

It uses the method "getIntentActivities" (found out with xprivacy) to figure out the installed apps, like most other launchers do as well afaik.

Could you add support for this and/or give us the ability to enable this for user chosen target apps? (like a general purpose app hider?)

Would be awesome! So many apps do not allow to filter apps out that you dont want to show up. An xposed module against this behaviour would be the perfect fix.

I get what you mean. It would be possible to hook the "getIntentActivities" method, but I think the method is also used by the system itself, so I would expect some weird behavior...

Currently I have not enough time... so this module will be for GEL only.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hide Apps Xposed

Hide Apps Xposed is an Android Xposed framework module to hide apps (launcher icons) from the Google Now Launcher (GNL), formerly known as Google Experience Launcher (GEL).

Usage
    Open the app, check the apps you want to hide and reboot or force stop Google Search.

Requirements
    Changelog
    v1.1.1
    • no new features, just an update to reflect the new name of the launcher
    v1.1.0
    • keep apps hidden even after app update (except the launcher name changes)
    v1.0.4
    • fixes bug where all apps with same name get hidden when one of them is selected to hide
    v1.0.3
    • fixes bug where an app was hidden mistakenly if its name contains the name of an app to hide
    • PLEASE REINSTALL THE APP IF YOU GET AN ERROR DURING UPDATE (it is now correctly signed by my own key!)
    v1.0.2
    • App list shows now the same set of apps as the app drawer of GEL
    v1.0.1
    • Official release
    Known issues
    • none (for the moment :) )
    Source code
    https://github.com/depressiveRobot/HideAppsXposed

Download
    You can download the module using the Xposed Installer or here.
    I'm closing this thread to avoid 20 pages of "doesn't work!" comments. As a reminder, you can find the source here and send a pull request to make it compatible with the latest GEL update. ;)

@depressiveRobot, please let PM me or any mod when you want this thread reopened.
    new bug fix release v1.0.2

I released a new version which shows the same set of apps as the app drawer of the GEL. This should fix the problem with Google Settings app and others.
    A nice feature could be the possibility of rename app in GEL :D

+1
    new bug fix release v1.0.4

Currently I have some extra time so I was able to fix the latest bug :victory: Version 1.0.4 should fix the bug where all apps with same name (e.g. Clock) get hidden if one of them is selected to hide.