• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][Xposed] KitKat Toast Backport

Search This thread

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Requires Xposed Framework!

This module replaces the old toast look with the new KitKat one. If you're running KitKat, you obviously don't need this.

Screenshots:
vYK4wwrl.png

Compatibility:
Should work on 4.0-4.3 devices, 4.4 devices already have this obviously (minus Sony's skin).

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.kitkattoastbackport

Source code:
Source code is here: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-KitKatToastBackport
You may not post it on the Play Store, whether for free or not.

Support development:
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.

Last edited:

mbdw

Sep 11, 2013
I'm assuming this isn't meant to work on touchwiz 4.3? I gave it a go on my Note ii and it didn't change the toast notifications.

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
I'm assuming this isn't meant to work on touchwiz 4.3? I gave it a go on my Note ii and it didn't change the toast notifications.

You're right, Samsung has a different name for the layout, which is kind of stupid as both are the same damn thing.
1.1 adds support for TouchWiz.

Working on my Xperia Z. Would like to see colour and font options. Good work again @MohammadAG

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Doubt I'll be adding that, this is meant to be an unbloated backport :)

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Thanks for this! works nicely!

off-topic: i see an app called 'X Applocker in your screenshot. Can you tell me where i can find this please?

On my laptop :p
I haven't released it yet due to a bug it has (which may be causing a mem leak, and it prevents the user from using an app to pick something; locking the gallery for example prevents from using it to pick an image).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011
This might sound crazy, but would you mind doing the opposite. I actually prefer the old 4.3 toast notifications.

Edit, Actually I should be able to do it myself, just need to figure out how to change the font.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyroh

Pyroh

Sep 20, 2013
This might sound crazy, but would you mind doing the opposite. I actually prefer the old 4.3 toast notifications.

Edit, Actually I should be able to do it myself, just need to figure out how to change the font.

I was just about to request this but then I saw your post. The 4.3 notifications have less unnecessary padding and the darker color goes along better with the system scheme.

Reactions: incapable86

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
I hope the coding for the locker ends up soon.
And please post the future forum thread link here so to find it;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using TapaTalk2

Top Liked Posts