[MOD][Xposed+Magisk][13 Compatible] AOSP Mods - System modifications for AOSP-based Android 12+

Search This thread

jcp2

I don't understand what is meant by canary version.

Where can I get the file to install on the phone, which is suitable for Android 13?

And in addition I ask - where can I receive a message like: "There is a version update for the module... from now on the module has been improved, and is more compatible with Android 13", or another message that informs me that improvements have been made to the module, which are more compatible with Android 13.
And I don't mean through the app, but maybe there's a web page? Telegram channel?
Open AOSP mods app.. Tap on the 3 dot menu top right, then 'updates'...... select canary and full options. It will download and then open notifications and tap install. :) You can check back here, or open the app and repeat the process to check for updates. If an update is available, it will show the changelog.

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

zalman1

Jun 20, 2021
Open AOSP mods app.. Tap on the 3 dot menu top right, then 'updates'...... select canary and full options. It will download and then open notifications and tap install. :) You can check bask here, or open the app and repeat the process to check for updates. If an update is available, it will show the changelog.
Ok, so what to download and from where?
at first. first step.
I just don't know anything about this.
Thank you!

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Ok, so what to download and from where?
at first. first step.
I just don't know anything about this.
Thank you!
From the OP:

Download:

Then follow the directions we have given you to check for updates from within the app.

Reactions: zalman1 and jcp2

whitewallman

May 1, 2010
re: canary 107 theming>fonts Headline/Body font.
This setting is changing body font, but not headline, I believe. Screenshot attached. Pixel 4 XL A13.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220818-174102~2.png
    Screenshot_20220818-174102~2.png
    262.6 KB · Views: 51

raptor22

Feb 4, 2012
Singapore
on canary 108, updated from canary 103, theming options don't appear for me in the AOSP Mods app. On Pixel 6 Pro A13, how do I fix this?

siavash79

Dec 6, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
When updating to A13, the settings didn't pull over well from Full to Xposed versions. On A13, should I be installing stable Xposed version or Canary Xposed?
At the time being stable version doesn't support A13. Your best shot will be latest canary.

I hope we can get to stable situation within the next few days

digger16309

Jul 17, 2014
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ah, I think I misunderstood the dialogue about A13. I thought it was good-to-go except for themimg. When I upgraded to A13, I got an unrecoverable bootloop after flashing the stable Xposed version and importing my settings from the full version. It also could have been a clash with another SystemUI module. I'll hold off. Thanks!

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Great

Also, multi row system icons work since canary 89 😎
They were working for me on July's Android 12, but I've tried disabling and re-enabling the option on Android 13 (including just now on Canary 108 - Xposed-only version) and it's no longer working for me. 🤷‍♂️ Not that important, though.

siavash79

Dec 6, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
They were working for me on July's Android 12, but I've tried disabling and re-enabling the option on Android 13 (including just now on Canary 108 - Xposed-only version) and it's no longer working for me. 🤷‍♂️ Not that important, though.
You've got to note 2 things
1. Statusbar should be high enough to support two rows. Otherwise it won't use the second row
2. second row only gets activated if there's no enough horizontal space left for one row of icons

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
You've got to note 2 things
1. Statusbar should be high enough to support two rows. Otherwise it won't use the second row
2. second row only gets activated if there's no enough horizontal space left for one row of icons
I was using the same status bar height that I had previously used on Android 12, but I've gone ahead and adjusted the height to maximum (200%) for testing purposes.

On my initial height (same as I had on Android 12), I had definitely received enough notifications that should've triggered the second row.

Another reason I'm under the impression that it's not working, besides never showing a second row of notifications no matter how many I have, is that on Android 12, with Multi-row system icons enabled, the clock and all normal "one row" items like the battery and signal icons would move up to the top of the status bar - presumably to give more room below it for the second row of notifications that would eventually show.

On Android 13 with Xposed-only Canary 108, even with the status bar at 200%, and having rotated the display multiple times and back, the single-row clock, notifications, signal icons and battery icon have only moved to dead center (vertically) of the status bar.

Even though right now I only have two normal notifications (plus one persistent), from how it behaved on Android 12, it's my impression I would already get the second row of notifications for just one or two of them, as indicated by the simple white "dot" that is right now appearing just to the left of my front-facing camera. I've tried a restart of SystemUI and reboot of the whole phone again just now with no change, as well (regarding the single row being vertically-centered instead of moving up to the top of the available status bar height.

sz3HhdCuNp5L_rfZDGYGVk49EPCKZ6XI1-wo4h3gJ0cSvD5QHAKXYLu-QQbo_nLLiCgrOcYHJIY6dlIq-Cezp7kHYrlelQbXlouUrLQ8t8GoHb2xgBqC8RAFdWlvCzMqNX99SvZBewGFrBVVl4N0VIqs_3xBTpkVwBFyJNanWdmlXKfVm0WRD2TAAnS-YUm9Wj2gK6Bobe71wE1iLqz9PUpZC_-0nhzDh9K0An58ASSA9y1rpCTHftPEHt9bBQqK0dYKCT0VzeDBuHab7cgNugFDkZh14ISP7jtWdriTE6LQAoQ7dJHQMx6OU-AnAUQXpVOskvOcKTlCaOTl2EL2Mv8_3aXbkMZ9M0siCy8LCJvi38OWVJTCaT_1hA2-tVDKZnfb4fRwEiISg4BrWGO1oKrs8E1ubzFBNiTkWxpR-rrPwBhkp8aoqlvMlDjCvETyEl5T48CK6eOff2MQnabWL4zpQARI1DenCxeZlSnvB94F7BCbYDN3ErUYOaSvNBKDdTzmNPTdRjyAmBRTEin2jIkFhbDhy367cGg-Rhkisne1X2W0oajWI6ZEZlSEMFgLqgpZsE_3WL5cIUDxwx33uxBXyfPhfLaRe8geY0HUUhM_oDJnI-oY6gmdNHmVEipqlmx6YUjRAUpNDRu3rL7iZiZsycxEJV0Se_n9bSB0pKkqKfF_iGi1Ol55vavr60JgGqgXgnnDdyxLgXS_M9W7m-lXC6_7zbvBDe88OiAuRflsimJWHoApTXydKo6Z=w588-h1274-no

But as I said, it's not that important to me, so no pressure at all intended.

Top Liked Posts

any stand alone module that does that?
    Lots of others. E.g. xposed edge.

But you also have gesture navigation on AOSPMods that kill app. There are several options to pick from those.

As 3button nav is deprecated, there will not be focus on that
    As 3button nav is deprecated, there will not be focus on that
    What a shame... 3-button navigation continues to be faster, more reliable, and free of glitches when using third-party launchers.

Gesture navigation provides some benefits, sure, but it is lacking in the most important area: consistent and reliable usability.
    is there still a setting for back button long press to kill an app?
    What a shame... 3-button navigation continues to be faster, more reliable, and free of glitches when using third-party launchers.

Gesture navigation provides some benefits, sure, but it is lacking in the most important area: consistent and reliable usability.
    I beg to differ. 3 button nav is hog of space and cannot even compete with number of different functions you can perform.

In launchers I have never met any issues with navigation bar. Be it pixel launcher or nova launcher. Zero glitches.

For our usage - consistency and reliability is similar of navigation bar with respect to 3button nav.

Other than that, it is deprecated not only by us, but next Android versions it will also be removed by Google, as currently all development is gone towards navigation bar.

Furthermore, killing apps is NEVER advised. You should read about your Kernel's RAM management and how killing apps depletes your battery faster.

And lastly, this is not open for discussion. This is a decision that was made with respect to changes in android. If you still want to use app killing feature on 3button nav - you can simply use a perfectly nice app called Xposed Edge.

In conclusion, it is not "a shame". It is what is advised by Google and by the team.
    I've trying to set this option up, but didn't succeed... Is there any trick?

Thank you
    No trick. Enable gestures. Choose a gesture nav to be applied for killing apps in AOSPMods. Use it
    2.2.0 released in stable channel

Changelog:
    - Added option to change the display resolution (Misc)
    - Added Wifi name variable in dynamic texts (Shout out to: [email protected])
    - Added option to hide privacy indicators (Statusbar)
    - Added option to convert the taskbar to "Recents bar" (Navigation)
    - Misc bugfixes
    I just got my P6P today (coming from a busted OP8). Updated to Android 13 using the super simple web based Android flash tool. It even asked me to flash the A13 bootloader to both slots (sick!) > 2 second bootloader unlock > rooted easily > installed LSPosed > flashed AOSP Mods in Magisk > so much profit!

Everything I've tried works flawlessly. Going to be glued to this thread for new builds. Thank you so much, @siavash79. Your work is so appreciated. Donation incoming.

P.S. I've joined both Telegram channels and I can't seem to find a way to throw some funds your way. If you accept donations, could you point me to the link? 👍
    Thanks for the kind words

I've decided not to accept money for this mod. But other ways of contributions like testing, translation, etc are always super welcome.
    Currently can be done on Android 12 but not Android 13 AFAIK.
    You can use Pixel Launcher MOD to replace the search bar with certain widgets.
    For android 13 there was a telegram test group lead by Gori (@telegram) with several beta versions, but it was ceased and now the project is on hands of Saitama (dev of pixel launcher mod for Android 12/L). So there could be soon new builds for android 13.

But personally I love the ability of using Nova Launcher, since it is much much more customizable than any Pixel Launcher mod IMHO ☺️
    I upgraded to a Pixel 6 Pro from my Pixel 5 and this mod works great as usual.

I'm struggling with *Double-tap to wake phone* functionality. I struggled with it on the P5 as well and thought it was just a quirk of incompatibility.

Is there a trick to it?

I've tried tapping quickly, slowly, softly, hard...I can't get it to work consistently and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    That function doesn't add a missing "tap2wake" function. We were discreet in explanation below the toggle, saying that "disables single tap2wake". So, basically, you have to have a enabled "single tap2wake" option from "settings/display/lockscreen/tap to check phone" beforehand.

Now THAT function from settings makes your phone to wake up with SINGLE tap. And the option in AOSPMods changes this behavior from SINGLE to DOUBLE tap (it needs a restart UI after enabling setting).

As for getting phone to not get unlocked from two separate touches in screen (e.g. in pocket), this function works when you tap two consecutive times in short time period. There is a timeout (as far as I remember, 2 seconds or maybe 1 second) which resets the first tap from registry.

Check and report back please.
    Thanks!

Thanks!

Not sure why safetynet pass gone. ( Use to be showing above uninstall Magisk ).

I can see modules page showing Universal SafetyNet 2.3.1 is installed.

Banking apps still not working although have hide magisk and given it another apps name.
    You're welcome, sorry it wasn't the solution. I see you don't have Enforce DenyList turned on. You should turn that on, then Configure DenyList, then go through every banking app and enable denying them the ability to see root. Be aware that for many apps, they have multiple categories of items that need denying, but by default, only the one at the top will be denyed until you click the name of the app and it expands to show all the items. Then click the top toggle to Deny and it'll deny for every category for that particular app. You'll see what I mean.

Afterwards, you should wipe data for the banking apps, and it wouldn't hurt to reboot, too.

At this point, you should definitely take the discussion about it to a more appropriate thread. I don't really have any more ideas.

AOSP_Mods_for_Andorid_12+.png

This is a mixed Xposed+Magisk module, which is made to allow customizations that are not originally designed in AOSP (Android Open Source Project).

Features:
    Currently, AOSP Mods offers customizations on different aspects of system framework and SystemUI, including:
    - Status bar
    - Lock screen
    - Notifications
    - Quick Settings panel
    - Gestural Navigations
    - Screen properties

Compatibility:
    These mods are designed based on AOSP source code. What does it mean? it means that they are expected to work on Roms (Firmwares) which are built based on fairly unmodified Android source code. This means, mainly, Pixel Phones (3, 4, 4a, 5, 5a, 6), and any other Roms that haven't heavily modified the original Android codes.

- Android 12: Compatible
    - Android 12.1 (12L): Compatible
    - Android 13: Compatible

Prerequisits:
    - Compatible Roms (see above)
    - Device Rooted by Magisk 24.2+
    - LSPosed (Zygisk Version)

How to install: (Make sure to read post #2 (FAQ) carefully before you proceed)
    - Install the magisk module
    - Reboot (bootloops are not expected, but user should always be prepared for the worst)
    - You can use AOSPMods app to configure the module

The module is released in 2 flavors, which download and update procedures are different:
    • Stable release:
      • Manual Install/Update: through repository's Github release page (link below)
      • Automated updates: through magisk manager, or through in-app updater
    • Canary release:
      • Manual Install/Update: only through repository's Actions page
      • Automated install/updates: only through in-app updater - updates will NOT appear in release section, and will NOT count against the module's download count
    *No matter which flavor you're on, you can always switch to the other one with in-app updater

Credits / Thanks:
    Android Team
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @rovo89 for Xposed
    Team LSPosed
    Team EvolutionX (Specially @kdrag0n). Some of the mods are inspired from their work
    [email protected] for remote-preferences
    @nijel8 for double-tap to wake

Translations:
    [email protected] Portuguese
    [email protected] Chinese Traditional
    [email protected] Chinese Simplified
    [email protected] Russian
    [email protected] Romanian
    [email protected] Polish
    [email protected] German
    [email protected] Spanish
    [email protected] Turkish
    [email protected] Turkish, German, Russian
    [email protected] Ukrainian
    [email protected] Persian
    [email protected] Dutch
    [email protected] Vietnamese

Brought to you by:
    @siavash79 & @Typhus_

Download:

FAQ

Q: I've found bugs, I have suggestions, or I want to suggest a new feature
    A: Your feedback will be very welcome. Please head to Github repository (linked below) and report your issue. We'll try our best (and never guarantee) to resolve them

Q: The installation steps are too difficult / I'm not sure how to install the module
    A: This mod is made only (and only) for power users who know how to root their device, are fairly familiar with magisk, and are very fluent with adb/fastboot, specially if their device falls into bootloops, etc. IF you're not sure how to work with magisk, adb, bootloaders, root explorers, etc., you're making a huge risk by proceeding with installation of this mod, which we (the authors) cannot bear the consequences. Maybe your device never boots normally, or you can easily lose your data in case you make any mistakes.
    So, if you're not sure how to proceed, please (please) stop right here, and DO NOT GO FURTHER. We will not be responsible for any damage caused

Q: Do you accept donations/payments?
    A: This module is not / will not be a commercial product. While we really appreciate your support, we do not / will not accept any payments for this module, in any form

Q: How can I help?
    A: We will be more than happy to receive help, in any way possible. So, If you are a developer and can contribute to the project (which by the way is open source), we will gladly accept your contribution. Even if you're not a developer, you can always help us by opting-in for tests/experiments and provide feedbacks, so that we can further improve the module. (Please send a message to one of the authors)

Pre-Release

Updated: April 11th., 2022

This is a mixed Xposed+Magisk module, which is made to allow customizations that are not originally designed in AOSP (Android Open Source Project).

(Current) Features:
    - Back gesture customization
    - (3-Button navigation) Hold back to kill app
    - Hide navigation bar
    - Light QS Theme
    - Vibrate on QS tile tap
    - One-Finger QS panel pulldown
    - Customize 4G/LTE icon
    - Combined signal Icons
    - Double-tap to sleep
    - Customization on Battery icon style and size
    - Configure build number text in QS footer
    - Hide fingerprint circle (Pixel 6)
    - Lockscreen shortcut customization
    - Configure carrier text in lock screen
    - Disable screenshot sound
    - Power button long-press to toggle Torch
    - Double-tap to wake
    - Network Monitor
    - Statusbar Height
    - Statusbar Padding (for phones with left-corner camera)
    - Quick Settings Row & Column numbers
    - Quick Settings tiles text size
    - Internet / Wifi + Cell Tiles
    - Navbar pill thickness
    - Navbar pill theme
    - Keyboard height
    - Icon shapes
    - Statusbar Icon styles
    - Fonts
    - Themed Icons
    - SystemUI Tuner
    - Brightness Slider in Quick QS
    - Battery Bar
    - Volume Longpress to skip music
    - QS Tiles Styles
    - Dark Theme Styles
    - Longpress on settings icon (in QS) to launch AOSPMods manager
    - Expand/Collapse all notifications
    - Tablet taskbar (12.1+)

Of course, this is an ongoing work and the feature list will get longer through time

Compatibility:
    These mods are designed based on AOSP source code. What does it mean? it means that they are expected to work on Roms (Firmwares) which are build based on fairly unmodified Android source code. This means mainly Pixel Phones (3, 4, 4a, 5, 5a, 6), and any other phones that haven't heavily modified the original Android.

- Andriod 12.1 beta: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP1: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP2: Poorly Compatible

Prerequisits:

- Reboot (bootloops are not expected)

Credits / Thanks:
    Android Team
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @rovo89 for Xposed
    Team LSPosed
    Team EvolutionX (Specially @kdrag0n). Most of the mods are based on their work
    @HofaTheRipper for German translation
    [email protected] for Chinese translation
    [email protected] for Spanish translation
    @krystiano for Polish translation
    [email protected] for Chinese Smiplified translation

Brought to you by:
    @siavash79 & @Typhus_

Download (Canary 009)
    V 1.0.0-canary-010

Changelog:

• Added music album art on lockscreen
    • Added auto-grant of required root permissions
    • Improvement of Battery Bar
    • Improved Light QS header
    • Fixed screenshot lag
    • Fixed 3 column QS tiles bug
    • Misc Bugfixes

If you're updating from previous versions:
    • 1.0.0-beta-01 and after: Update your module via module update shortcut in Magisk
    • canary 007 and before: uninstall your module and app completely and flash the zip file

Download:
    I would like to draw your attention that the thread title doesn't contain [Prerelease] anymore!

1.0.0 is out! All credits go to @Typhus_

Pre-Release

Updated: April 1st., 2022

(Current) Features:
    - Back gesture customization
    - (3-Button navigation) Hold back to kill app
    - Hide navigation bar
    - Light QS Theme
    - Vibrate on QS tile tap
    - One-Finger QS panel pulldown
    - Customize 4G/LTE icon
    - Combined signal Icons
    - Double-tap to sleep
    - Customization on Battery icon style and size
    - Configure build number text in QS footer
    - Hide fingerprint circle (Pixel 6)
    - Add camera button to lockscreen
    - Configure carrier text in lock screen
    - Disable screenshot sound
    - Power button long-press to toggle Torch
    - Double-tap to wake
    - Network Monitor
    - Statusbar Height
    - Statusbar Padding (for phones with left-corner camera)
    - Quick Settings Row & Column numbers
    - Quick Settings tiles text size
    - Internet / Wifi + Cell Tiles
    - Navbar pill thickness
    - Navbar pill theme
    - Keyboard height
    - Icon shapes
    - Statusbar Icon styles
    - Fonts
    - Themed Icons
    - Lockscreen assistant shortcut
    - SystemUI Tuner

Of course, this is an ongoing work and the feature list will get longer through time

Compatibility:
    These mods are designed based on AOSP source code. What does it mean? it means that they are expected to work on Roms (Firmwares) which are build based on fairly unmodified Android source code. This means mainly Pixel Phones (3, 4, 4a, 5, 5a, 6), and any other phones that haven't heavily modified the original Android.

- Andriod 12.1 beta: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP1: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP2: Partially Compatible

Prerequisits:

- Reboot (bootloops are not expected)

Credits / Thanks:
    Android Team
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @rovo89 for Xposed
    Team LSPosed
    Team EvolutionX (Specially @kdrag0n). Most of the mods are based on their work
    @HofaTheRipper for German translation
    [email protected] for Chinese translation

Brought to you by:
    @siavash79 & @Typhus_

Download (Canary 007)
    V 1.0.0-beta-01

As promised, we've made it to another release for April 1st.

Changelog:​

Added customization of

• Statusbar Height
    • Statusbar Padding (for phones with left-corner camera)
    • Quick Settings Row & Column numbers
    • Quick Settings tiles text size
    • Internet / Wifi + Cell Tiles
    • Navbar pill thickness
    • Navbar pill theme
    • Keyboard height
    Themes

• Icon shapes
    • Statusbar Icon styles
    • Fonts
    • Themed Icons
    Other

• Added Lockscreen assistant shortcut
    • Added SystemUI Tuner
    • Compatibility with Lsposed 1.8
    • The module manager App is now included in the Magisk module
    • German Translation (Thanks to @HofaTheRipper )
    • Chinese Translation (Thanks to cracky5322@Github)
    • Many bugfixes

ALSO: We've included another feature which is NOT listed above! Let's see who finds it first :D

If you're updating from previous versions:
    • Uninstall AOSPMods app from your device and do a fresh installation
    • You can find future updates in Magisk, whenever the module is updated. You won't need to uninstall your current versions later anymore (Hopefully!)

To install, you will need to
    1. Install LSPosed Zygisk (https://t.me/LSPosedArchives)
    2. Install the zip file in Magisk
    3. Reboot
    4. Technically, the module should automatically activate itself in Lsposed. If didn't, please activate manually and reboot again

Download: