[MOD][Xposed+Magisk][13 Compatible] AOSP Mods - System modifications for AOSP-based Android 12+

Search This thread

i5lee8bit

I am not sure but it is most likely due to the slide level on the flashlight qs button.
Well that was a quick easy test 🤣

Yeah, turning off slide level brightness made the tile haptic on press. Turning back on, no more haptic. So maybe a limitation, maybe an oversight. Would be nice to have it vibrate with that option on, but not a big deal either.

And thanks for the suggestion 😉

siavash79

Dec 6, 2010
Google Pixel C
Google Pixel 4 XL
Well that was a quick easy test 🤣

Yeah, turning off slide level brightness made the tile haptic on press. Turning back on, no more haptic. So maybe a limitation, maybe an oversight. Would be nice to have it vibrate with that option on, but not a big deal either.

And thanks for the suggestion 😉
Well I hate haptic feedback. So I've never came across such thing as all vibrations are disabled. Will look at it once feature drop compatibility is taken care of

Thebear j koss

Well I hate haptic feedback. So I've never came across such thing as all vibrations are disabled. Will look at it once feature drop compatibility is taken care of
Not sure how easy it would be to implement, would need to separate tap on/off and finger slide. I can see it causing more complications and headaches than it's usefulness, and I am saying this with only a bit of java knowledge and a fan of haptics.

binoysankar

Aug 19, 2016
Bangalore
When i am checking app updates in aosp mods app connected using wifi it time out after sometime. But if i use my sim internet it fetches the versions immediately. Not sure what is the issue. Anyone knows this issue?

frank93

Oct 16, 2010
Berlin
Google Pixel 6a
haven’t seen it here yet, so -- not "important", just reporting: the battery bar feature seems to be out of order as well with the december update. using aosp latest canary (177), still .. worked until android november update.

Reactions: swieder711
PSA: AOSPMods 2.4 isn't compatible with December feature drop. It hopefully will be in the next version

I, uh, unknowingly installed this on my brand new P7P running the December update and I was wondering why the aosp mods app keeps crashing and some features not working properly. Just to be safe, I disabled everything I turned on before except for:
  • network indicator (had issues, see below)
  • disable screenshot sound
  • unrestricted screenshot
  • system-wide Google Sans font
The network indicator only appears if I have it set to "far left" option but most of the time it doesn't even show up even when I load a page on a browser. In addition, it continiously gives me "systemui has stopped working" until I restarted SystemUI. It kept coming back so I turned it off for good and the issue appears to have stopped. Now the only things active are the three I listed before.

Probably just sit with this until an update comes. Guess it pays to read the recent replies beforehand 🙃

Also, another question. If I were to disable/uninstall this module, do I need to reset everything first or is that not necessary?

siavash79

Dec 6, 2010
Google Pixel C
Google Pixel 4 XL
I, uh, unknowingly installed this on my brand new P7P running the December update and I was wondering why the aosp mods app keeps crashing and some features not working properly. Just to be safe, I disabled everything I turned on before except for:
  • network indicator (had issues, see below)
  • disable screenshot sound
  • unrestricted screenshot
  • system-wide Google Sans font
The network indicator only appears if I have it set to "far left" option but most of the time it doesn't even show up even when I load a page on a browser. In addition, it continiously gives me "systemui has stopped working" until I restarted SystemUI. It kept coming back so I turned it off for good and the issue appears to have stopped. Now the only things active are the three I listed before.

Probably just sit with this until an update comes. Guess it pays to read the recent replies beforehand 🙃

Also, another question. If I were to disable/uninstall this module, do I need to reset everything first or is that not necessary?
To uninstall the module remove it from magisk

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

binoysankar

Aug 19, 2016
Bangalore
When i am checking app updates in aosp mods app connected using wifi it time out after sometime. But if i use my sim internet it fetches the versions immediately. Not sure what is the issue. Anyone knows this issue?
Any help on this. With wifi on and wifi off (sim data on)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221208-005335.png
    Screenshot_20221208-005335.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20221208-005353.png
    Screenshot_20221208-005353.png
    253 KB · Views: 39

Medeon

Dec 26, 2017
Dordrecht
I've been enjoying the aosp module for quite awhile now on my pixel 7 and I like many of the features that are available. One of those is double tap to sleep on the statusbar. It's dropped unfortunately on the latest version.🫤

Is there any reason for why it is dropped? Because this has been one of the most useful features on this mod and I kinda miss it.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I've been enjoying the aosp module for quite awhile now on my pixel 7 and I like many of the features that are available. One of those is double tap to sleep on the statusbar. It's dropped unfortunately on the latest version.🫤

Is there any reason for why it is dropped? Because this has been one of the most useful features on this mod and I kinda miss it.
Doesn't look like it's supposed to be dropped according to the changelog (below), but since AOSP Mods has been announced as needing development to get working with the December 2022 update, if your firmeware is updated, that would be the app is mis-behaving.

1670450707227.png

Medeon

Dec 26, 2017
Dordrecht
Thanks, that's interesting. It indeed occurred after updating the to the latest firmware for Pixel 7. I am using the stable version of aosp mod and that's were dtts on statusbar was dropped, but good to know the developers are working on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2.6.0 released in stable channel

Changelog:
    Added:
    - Lockscreen shortcut mods
    - Hebrew translation
    - Option to set different QS tile setup in portrait/landscape

... And bugfixes

I wish there was an api to post directly to XDA
    Im facing a little problem with the notification icons in the statusbar.
    They arent in line with the clock.set a Bit down.
    Thus happens straight when i enter the aosp mod after a fresh Installation.
    Only happens with the newest 2.5 Version of it.
    With 2.4 i got no problems with the icons.

Actually im in cherish os 4.3, but im facing the same problem on other roms like crdroid,ricedroid,sparkos.
    Dont know about Arrow and lineage.

All roms are with the december secruity Patch. So im a little bit forced to usw 2.5 insteed of 2.4.

Someone else faced the same issues and maybe found an solution for it?
    Yes it seems on some roms the notification icons don't sit exactly where they're supposed to.

The "reason" why compatibility of AOSPMods is limited to pixel roms is that I don't have access to other custom roms to test the mod on them and find possible issues to solve (finding issues is not enough of course, the causes have to be identified). (Of course I can download and install those roms, but having limited resources - device and time -, it's not practical to support more)

Edit: I do hope other Xposed devs can participate in the mod so that the range can get extended
    Im facing a little problem with the notification icons in the statusbar.
    They arent in line with the clock.set a Bit down.
    Thus happens straight when i enter the aosp mod after a fresh Installation.
    Only happens with the newest 2.5 Version of it.
    With 2.4 i got no problems with the icons.

Actually im in cherish os 4.3, but im facing the same problem on other roms like crdroid,ricedroid,sparkos.
    Dont know about Arrow and lineage.

All roms are with the december secruity Patch. So im a little bit forced to usw 2.5 insteed of 2.4.

Someone else faced the same issues and maybe found an solution for it?
    Problem solved. try canary 203 when it's out
    @siavash79 Thank you for the app / development! Really great staff! Just to let all know it flawlessly works on my Pixel 4 XL running Lineageos 20. Thanks
    Can I leave aosp mods in tact and switch over to nova launcher prime without having issue? I purchased it when it was 49¢ a couple weeks ago. I've been avoiding trying it after reading that it was purchased by a globalist, WEF-esque spyware company and because I like pixel launcher with AOSP mods. I do wanna try it out though and see what all I hype is about. Can I leave AOSP mods applied to my pixel launcher, setup nova launcher, set the default to nova launcher, and then just switch the default app back to pixel launcher without having lost anything after I'm done trying nova launcher out?
    Yes. 3rd party launchers have no affect on any mods or anything. You can switch back to stock launcher or any other launcher you have installed. I've tried just about every launcher within the past 12-13 years and nothing compares to Nova. I can't even use stock launchers because of nova, even modified stock launchers. They are just awful.

AOSPMods_Banner_1280.jpg

This is a mixed Xposed+Magisk module, which is made to allow customizations that are not originally designed in AOSP (Android Open Source Project).

Features:
    Currently, AOSP Mods offers customizations on different aspects of system framework and SystemUI, including:
    - Status bar
    - Lock screen
    - Notifications
    - Quick Settings panel
    - Gestural Navigation
    - Screen properties

Compatibility:
    These mods are designed based on AOSP source code. What does it mean? it means that they are expected to work on Roms (Firmwares) which are built based on fairly unmodified Android source code. This means, mainly, Pixel Phones (3, 4(XL/a), 5(a), 6(PRO/a), 7(PRO)), and any other Roms that haven't heavily modified the original Android codes.

- Android 12: Compatible
    - Android 12.1 (12L): Compatible
    - Android 13 stable version: Compatible

Prerequisites:
    - Compatible Roms (see above)
    - Device Rooted by Magisk 24.2+
    - LSPosed (Zygisk Version)

How to install: (Make sure to read post #2 (FAQ) carefully before you proceed)
    - Install the Magisk module
    - Reboot (bootloop is not expected, but user should always be prepared for the worst)
    - You can use AOSPMods app to configure the module

The module is released in 2 flavors, which download and update procedures are different:
    • Stable release:
      • Manual Install/Update: through repository's Github release page (link below)
      • Automated updates: through magisk manager, or through in-app updater
    • Canary release:
      • Manual Install/Update: only through repository's Actions page
      • Automated install/updates: only through in-app updater - updates will NOT appear in release section, and will NOT count against the module's download count
    *No matter which flavor you're on, you can always switch to the other one with in-app updater

Credits / Thanks:
    Android Team
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @rovo89 for Xposed
    Team LSPosed
    Team EvolutionX (Specially @kdrag0n). Some of the mods are inspired from their work
    [email protected] for remote-preferences
    @nijel8 for double-tap to wake

Translations:
    [email protected] Portuguese
    [email protected] Chinese Traditional
    [email protected] Chinese Simplified
    [email protected] Russian
    [email protected] Romanian
    [email protected] Polish
    [email protected] German
    [email protected] Spanish
    [email protected] Turkish
    [email protected] Turkish, German, Russian
    [email protected] Ukrainian
    [email protected] Persian
    [email protected] Dutch
    [email protected] Vietnamese

Graphic design:
    [email protected] (Icon and Banner)
    [email protected] (Icon)

Brought to you by:
    @siavash79 & @Typhus_

Download:
    Android 13 Dec 2022 (AOSP 13 R18) and later: get.aospmods.siava.sh

Android 12 or 13 Nov 2022 (AOSP 13 R8) and earlier: AOSPMods v2.4.1

FAQ

Q: I've found bugs, I have suggestions, or I want to suggest a new feature
    A: Your feedback will be very welcome. Please head to Github repository (linked below) and report your issue. We'll try our best (and never guarantee) to resolve them

Q: The installation steps are too difficult / I'm not sure how to install the module
    A: This mod is made only (and only) for power users who know how to root their device, are fairly familiar with magisk, and are very fluent with adb/fastboot, specially if their device falls into bootloops, etc. IF you're not sure how to work with magisk, adb, bootloaders, root explorers, etc., you're making a huge risk by proceeding with installation of this mod, which we (the authors) cannot bear the consequences. Maybe your device never boots normally, or you can easily lose your data in case you make any mistakes.
    So, if you're not sure how to proceed, please (please) stop right here, and DO NOT GO FURTHER. We will not be responsible for any damage caused

Q: Do you accept donations/payments?
    A: This module is not / will not be a commercial product. While we really appreciate your support, we do not / will not accept any payments for this module, in any form

Q: How can I help?
    A: We will be more than happy to receive help, in any way possible. So, If you are a developer and can contribute to the project (which by the way is open source), we will gladly accept your contribution. Even if you're not a developer, you can always help us by opting-in for tests/experiments and provide feedbacks, so that we can further improve the module. (Please send a message to one of the authors)

Pre-Release

Updated: April 11th., 2022

This is a mixed Xposed+Magisk module, which is made to allow customizations that are not originally designed in AOSP (Android Open Source Project).

(Current) Features:
    - Back gesture customization
    - (3-Button navigation) Hold back to kill app
    - Hide navigation bar
    - Light QS Theme
    - Vibrate on QS tile tap
    - One-Finger QS panel pulldown
    - Customize 4G/LTE icon
    - Combined signal Icons
    - Double-tap to sleep
    - Customization on Battery icon style and size
    - Configure build number text in QS footer
    - Hide fingerprint circle (Pixel 6)
    - Lockscreen shortcut customization
    - Configure carrier text in lock screen
    - Disable screenshot sound
    - Power button long-press to toggle Torch
    - Double-tap to wake
    - Network Monitor
    - Statusbar Height
    - Statusbar Padding (for phones with left-corner camera)
    - Quick Settings Row & Column numbers
    - Quick Settings tiles text size
    - Internet / Wifi + Cell Tiles
    - Navbar pill thickness
    - Navbar pill theme
    - Keyboard height
    - Icon shapes
    - Statusbar Icon styles
    - Fonts
    - Themed Icons
    - SystemUI Tuner
    - Brightness Slider in Quick QS
    - Battery Bar
    - Volume Longpress to skip music
    - QS Tiles Styles
    - Dark Theme Styles
    - Longpress on settings icon (in QS) to launch AOSPMods manager
    - Expand/Collapse all notifications
    - Tablet taskbar (12.1+)

Of course, this is an ongoing work and the feature list will get longer through time

Compatibility:
    These mods are designed based on AOSP source code. What does it mean? it means that they are expected to work on Roms (Firmwares) which are build based on fairly unmodified Android source code. This means mainly Pixel Phones (3, 4, 4a, 5, 5a, 6), and any other phones that haven't heavily modified the original Android.

- Andriod 12.1 beta: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP1: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP2: Poorly Compatible

Prerequisits:

- Install the magisk module
    - Reboot (bootloops are not expected)

Credits / Thanks:
    Android Team
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @rovo89 for Xposed
    Team LSPosed
    Team EvolutionX (Specially @kdrag0n). Most of the mods are based on their work
    @HofaTheRipper for German translation
    [email protected] for Chinese translation
    [email protected] for Spanish translation
    @krystiano for Polish translation
    [email protected] for Chinese Smiplified translation

Brought to you by:
    @siavash79 & @Typhus_

Download (Canary 009)
    V 1.0.0-canary-010

Changelog:

• Added music album art on lockscreen
    • Added auto-grant of required root permissions
    • Improvement of Battery Bar
    • Improved Light QS header
    • Fixed screenshot lag
    • Fixed 3 column QS tiles bug
    • Misc Bugfixes

If you're updating from previous versions:
    • 1.0.0-beta-01 and after: Update your module via module update shortcut in Magisk
    • canary 007 and before: uninstall your module and app completely and flash the zip file

Download:
    I would like to draw your attention that the thread title doesn't contain [Prerelease] anymore!

1.0.0 is out! All credits go to @Typhus_

Pre-Release

Updated: April 1st., 2022

(Current) Features:
    - Back gesture customization
    - (3-Button navigation) Hold back to kill app
    - Hide navigation bar
    - Light QS Theme
    - Vibrate on QS tile tap
    - One-Finger QS panel pulldown
    - Customize 4G/LTE icon
    - Combined signal Icons
    - Double-tap to sleep
    - Customization on Battery icon style and size
    - Configure build number text in QS footer
    - Hide fingerprint circle (Pixel 6)
    - Add camera button to lockscreen
    - Configure carrier text in lock screen
    - Disable screenshot sound
    - Power button long-press to toggle Torch
    - Double-tap to wake
    - Network Monitor
    - Statusbar Height
    - Statusbar Padding (for phones with left-corner camera)
    - Quick Settings Row & Column numbers
    - Quick Settings tiles text size
    - Internet / Wifi + Cell Tiles
    - Navbar pill thickness
    - Navbar pill theme
    - Keyboard height
    - Icon shapes
    - Statusbar Icon styles
    - Fonts
    - Themed Icons
    - Lockscreen assistant shortcut
    - SystemUI Tuner

Of course, this is an ongoing work and the feature list will get longer through time

Compatibility:
    These mods are designed based on AOSP source code. What does it mean? it means that they are expected to work on Roms (Firmwares) which are build based on fairly unmodified Android source code. This means mainly Pixel Phones (3, 4, 4a, 5, 5a, 6), and any other phones that haven't heavily modified the original Android.

- Andriod 12.1 beta: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP1: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP2: Partially Compatible

Prerequisits:

- Install the magisk module
    - Reboot (bootloops are not expected)

Credits / Thanks:
    Android Team
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @rovo89 for Xposed
    Team LSPosed
    Team EvolutionX (Specially @kdrag0n). Most of the mods are based on their work
    @HofaTheRipper for German translation
    [email protected] for Chinese translation

Brought to you by:
    @siavash79 & @Typhus_

Download (Canary 007)
    V 1.0.0-beta-01

As promised, we've made it to another release for April 1st.

Changelog:​

Added customization of

• Statusbar Height
    • Statusbar Padding (for phones with left-corner camera)
    • Quick Settings Row & Column numbers
    • Quick Settings tiles text size
    • Internet / Wifi + Cell Tiles
    • Navbar pill thickness
    • Navbar pill theme
    • Keyboard height
    Themes

• Icon shapes
    • Statusbar Icon styles
    • Fonts
    • Themed Icons
    Other

• Added Lockscreen assistant shortcut
    • Added SystemUI Tuner
    • Compatibility with Lsposed 1.8
    • The module manager App is now included in the Magisk module
    • German Translation (Thanks to @HofaTheRipper )
    • Chinese Translation (Thanks to cracky5322@Github)
    • Many bugfixes

ALSO: We've included another feature which is NOT listed above! Let's see who finds it first :D

If you're updating from previous versions:
    • Uninstall AOSPMods app from your device and do a fresh installation
    • You can find future updates in Magisk, whenever the module is updated. You won't need to uninstall your current versions later anymore (Hopefully!)

To install, you will need to
    1. Install LSPosed Zygisk (https://t.me/LSPosedArchives)
    2. Install the zip file in Magisk
    3. Reboot
    4. Technically, the module should automatically activate itself in Lsposed. If didn't, please activate manually and reboot again

Download: