[MOD][Xposed+Magisk][14 Compatible] Pixel Xpert - System modifications for Pixel phones 12+

Search This thread

digger16309

You can set up to 2 colors for 2 ranges of battery level, you can ask the app to shade the color towards the other level as it change, and you can ask to have custom colors for charging and fast charging
Thank you. I wasn't paying full attention and mistakenly thought those colors with the battery percentage slider were fixed.

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
A lil feature req....

Essentially a 'Load Bar' to sit a couple pixels below the battery bar...or maybe at the bottom borde of the status bar. Ideally with the left side and center origin options like the battery bar as well as the color gradient option.

I'm a sorta pc geek who also used to be an overclocker back in the Pentium 4 / DDR2 days. I've mostly chilled from the days of massive coolers and trying to squeeze every last Mhz outta my CPU...lol BUT...I still keep 2 stats in my Windows system tray...CPU load and temp.

I have the temp but a static on-screen load % that is semi-accurate is not so easy...cuz load has to be calculated according the cores your phone uses or rather the ratios. As u know a lotta phones have a cluster of 'big' cores (usually 2) and a cluster of 'small' cores. So it shouldn't be too hard to get a 'mostly' accurate load % to translate to a bar. Dunno why Android doesn't have a user-facing system load reading...it's annoying cuz I'd like to know when and what pushes my phone hard and in turn is more (or less) eating battery...in some cases due to a misbehaving or errant app. I could go on forever but u get the point(s). Obviously folks can use a sys info app to run...but the same goes for the battery level. 😁 🤔

Thebear j koss

A lil feature req....

Essentially a 'Load Bar' to sit a couple pixels below the battery bar...or maybe at the bottom borde of the status bar. Ideally with the left side and center origin options like the battery bar as well as the color gradient option.

I'm a sorta pc geek who also used to be an overclocker back in the Pentium 4 / DDR2 days. I've mostly chilled from the days of massive coolers and trying to squeeze every last Mhz outta my CPU...lol BUT...I still keep 2 stats in my Windows system tray...CPU load and temp.

I have the temp but a static on-screen load % that is semi-accurate is not so easy...cuz load has to be calculated according the cores your phone uses or rather the ratios. As u know a lotta phones have a cluster of 'big' cores (usually 2) and a cluster of 'small' cores. So it shouldn't be too hard to get a 'mostly' accurate load % to translate to a bar. Dunno why Android doesn't have a user-facing system load reading...it's annoying cuz I'd like to know when and what pushes my phone hard and in turn is more (or less) eating battery...in some cases due to a misbehaving or errant app. I could go on forever but u get the point(s). Obviously folks can use a sys info app to run...but the same goes for the battery level. 😁 🤔
Try the app better battery stats.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

siavash79

Dec 6, 2010
Tehran
Google Pixel C
Google Pixel 4 XL
A lil feature req....

I totally feel you because I'm somehow the same type: still do most of my windows works in command prompt. Usually 3 4 commands open

Xposed mods are not the best way to do the stuff. They must be done only and only for things that can't be done with any other method

The feature you're asking for is available using stat apps. Some of them need root, but apparently you already have that. So the best thing to do is using those, which are much less risky and more effective in that department

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
I use BBS daily to look for unusual activities...I prefer an overlay or something to keep a constant readout with having to actually open a separate app. 3C has a great overlay but every time I use it, all my other apps lose their accessibility permissions for some reason. DevCheck has a decent one but it won't stay running...constantly have restart despite disabling batt opt. And every other on-scr display has crap accuracy...showing the same 4 or 5 percentages every refresh. Of all, 3C's overlay was best but I can't have all my other accessibility permission striped away. Still can't find an accurate and dependable on-scr cpu load monitor that doesn't suck...lol, so I thought I'd post it up. But yeah...it can be dome w/o magisk...same as for a battery bar. (yes, I've tried Powerline+ and other 'bar' appz as well) Any suggestions or a cure for 3C and I'm sure game.

Last edited:

YKS_Gaming

Aug 31, 2018
feature request: unlock all rotations or force portrait (reversed), preferably flipping the lock screen and aod as well

I would like to turn the forehead on my pixel 4 into a chin, it looks better and helps with accidental palm touches

feature request: unlock all rotations or force portrait (reversed), preferably flipping the lock screen and aod as well

I would like to turn the forehead on my pixel 4 into a chin, it looks better and helps with accidental palm touches
Feature requests go here

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Can anyone please confirm if this module is useful for decreasing the size of the unnecessarily huge QS tiles in A12 or not? Thanks.
I don't have the option enabled right now, but I've previously used this mod to make the QS tiles 3-across instead of 2-across (and still 2 rows).

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
I use BBS daily to look for unusual activities...I prefer an overlay or something to keep a constant readout with having to actually open a separate app. 3C has a great overlay but every time I use it, all my other apps lose their accessibility permissions for some reason. DevCheck has a decent one but it won't stay running...constantly have restart despite disabling batt opt. And every other on-scr display has crap accuracy...showing the same 4 or 5 percentages every refresh. Of all, 3C's overlay was best but I can't have all my other accessibility permission striped away. Still can't find an accurate and dependable on-scr cpu load monitor that doesn't suck...lol, so I thought I'd post it up. But yeah...it can be dome w/o magisk...same as for a battery bar. (yes, I've tried Powerline+ and other 'bar' appz as well) Any suggestions or a cure for 3C and I'm sure game.
Do you need to see readouts as overlay, say in statusbar maybe? Have you tried cooltool app? I have used it for long time to diagnose ram consumption with cpu utilization while testing new ported kernels. E.g. if you know exact location of textfile that you would like to observe (location in system or data) then cool tool might be the app that you want

Can i request feature in here sir? Since i dont know how to comment on github. Can we have auto brightness option to show/hide on side of brightness slider? Because when we are in gaming can be useful imo, thanks a lot sir. And by the way many custom rom have implement the feature if im not wrong

Edit : add a picture
IMG_20220707_152636_121.jpg

Last edited:

siavash79

Dec 6, 2010
Tehran
Google Pixel C
Google Pixel 4 XL
hello @siavash79

Thank you for this great app! One question / request: would it possible to implement a "vibrate when answered" feature? Back in GravityBox era, it was one of features I used to use, specially because I do a lot of calls under heavy noise environment.

Thank you in advance!
Finally added to canary 71

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The concept of Xposed mods on custom ROM doesn't make much sense.
    The whole point of an Xposed mod is keeping the original ROM and modding it.
    If one is ready to change the original ROM, then there are lots of roms that each have their own customization options, without compromising on performance like the way Xposed does, and one can choose which rom is best matches needs
    Will the module work on Lineage OS?

I was searching for an "AOSP Mods" module I used a few years ago and stumbled on it. Are they the same?
    AOSPMods had issues with custom roms. So we rebranded it to PixelXpert to emphasize that only stock pixel is supported.
    AOSPMods had issues with custom roms. So we rebranded it to PixelXpert to emphasize that only stock pixel is supported.
    Alright. I'm going to try now and see if it works.

EDIT: System UI kept restarting after installation.

Uninstalled ✅
    Awesome job @siavash79 on the lockscreen depth effect on AOSPMods latest canary. Just made a quick wall to test it out. Need to adjust a bit but was 1st attempt . Screenshot_20240411-211914.png

This is a mixed Xposed+Magisk module, which is made to allow customizations that are not originally designed in Pixel phones.

Features:
    Currently, Pixel Xpert offers customizations on different aspects of system framework and SystemUI, including:
    • Status bar
    • Quick Settings panel
    • Lock screen
    • Notifications
    • Gesture Navigations
    • Phone & Dialer
    • Hotspot
    • Package Manager
    • Screen properties

Compatibility:
    Google Pixel stock roms:

- Android 12: Compatible
    - Android 12.1: (12L): Compatible
    - Android 13: Compatible
    - Android 14: Compatible

Prerequisites:
    - Compatible Roms (see above)
    - Device Rooted by Magisk 25.0+
    - LSPosed (Zygisk Version)

How to install: (Make sure to read post #2 (FAQ) carefully before you proceed)
    - Install the Magisk module
    - Reboot (bootloop is not expected, but user should always be prepared for the worst)
    - You can use PixelXpert app to configure the module

The module is released in 2 flavors, which download and update procedures are different:
    • Stable release:
      • Manual Install/Update: through repository's Github release page (link below)
      • Automated updates: through magisk manager, or AOSPMods built-in updater
    • Canary release:
      • Manual Install/Update: from AOSPMods Telegram channel
      • Automated install/updates: through AOSPMods built-in updater, or magisk manager
    *No matter which flavor you're on, you can always switch to the other one with PixelXpert built-in updater

Credits / Thanks:
    Android Team
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @rovo89 for Xposed
    Team LSPosed
    apsun@github for remote-preferences
    @nijel8 for double-tap to wake

Translations:
    With the help of many users, PixelXpert is currently translated to several languages. If you want to take part in translating PixelXpert to your own language, visit:
    pixelxpert.siava.sh/translate

UI design:
    • Mahmud0808@Github

Graphic design:
    JstormZx@Telegram (Icon and Banner)
    RKBDI@Telegram (Icon)

Brought to you by:
    @siavash79 & @Typhus_

Download:
    Android 13 Dec 2022 (AOSP 13 R18) and later: pixelxpert.siava.sh/download

Android 12 or 13 Nov 2022 (AOSP 13 R8) and earlier: AOSPMods v2.4.1

FAQ

Q: I've found bugs, I have suggestions, or I want to suggest a new feature
    A: Your feedback will be very welcome. Please head to Github repository (linked below) and report your issue. We'll try our best (and never guarantee) to resolve them

Q: The installation steps are too difficult / I'm not sure how to install the module
    A: This mod is made only (and only) for power users who know how to root their device, are fairly familiar with magisk, and are very fluent with adb/fastboot, specially if their device falls into bootloops, etc. IF you're not sure how to work with magisk, adb, bootloaders, root explorers, etc., you're making a huge risk by proceeding with installation of this mod, which we (the authors) cannot bear the consequences. Maybe your device never boots normally, or you can easily lose your data in case you make any mistakes.
    So, if you're not sure how to proceed, please (please) stop right here, and DO NOT GO FURTHER. We will not be responsible for any damage caused

Q: Do you accept donations/payments?
    A: This module is not / will not be a commercial product. While we really appreciate your support, we do not / will not accept any payments for this module, in any form
    However, if you really feel like it, you can donate to your favorite charity on our behalf, or help funding education for children in need, at Child Foundation

Q: How can I help?
    A: We will be more than happy to receive help, in any way possible. So, If you are a developer and can contribute to the project (which by the way is open source), we will gladly accept your contribution. Even if you're not a developer, you can always help us by opting-in for tests/experiments and provide feedbacks, so that we can further improve the module. (Please send a message to one of the authors)

Pre-Release

Updated: April 11th., 2022

This is a mixed Xposed+Magisk module, which is made to allow customizations that are not originally designed in AOSP (Android Open Source Project).

(Current) Features:
    - Back gesture customization
    - (3-Button navigation) Hold back to kill app
    - Hide navigation bar
    - Light QS Theme
    - Vibrate on QS tile tap
    - One-Finger QS panel pulldown
    - Customize 4G/LTE icon
    - Combined signal Icons
    - Double-tap to sleep
    - Customization on Battery icon style and size
    - Configure build number text in QS footer
    - Hide fingerprint circle (Pixel 6)
    - Lockscreen shortcut customization
    - Configure carrier text in lock screen
    - Disable screenshot sound
    - Power button long-press to toggle Torch
    - Double-tap to wake
    - Network Monitor
    - Statusbar Height
    - Statusbar Padding (for phones with left-corner camera)
    - Quick Settings Row & Column numbers
    - Quick Settings tiles text size
    - Internet / Wifi + Cell Tiles
    - Navbar pill thickness
    - Navbar pill theme
    - Keyboard height
    - Icon shapes
    - Statusbar Icon styles
    - Fonts
    - Themed Icons
    - SystemUI Tuner
    - Brightness Slider in Quick QS
    - Battery Bar
    - Volume Longpress to skip music
    - QS Tiles Styles
    - Dark Theme Styles
    - Longpress on settings icon (in QS) to launch AOSPMods manager
    - Expand/Collapse all notifications
    - Tablet taskbar (12.1+)

Of course, this is an ongoing work and the feature list will get longer through time

Compatibility:
    These mods are designed based on AOSP source code. What does it mean? it means that they are expected to work on Roms (Firmwares) which are build based on fairly unmodified Android source code. This means mainly Pixel Phones (3, 4, 4a, 5, 5a, 6), and any other phones that haven't heavily modified the original Android.

- Android 12.1 (12L): Compatible
    - Andriod 12.1 beta: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP1: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP2: Poorly Compatible

Prerequisits:
    - Device Rooted by Magisk 24.2+

- Install the magisk module
    - Reboot (bootloops are not expected)
    - You can use AOSPMods app to configure the module

Credits / Thanks:
    Android Team
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @rovo89 for Xposed
    Team LSPosed
    Team EvolutionX (Specially @kdrag0n). Most of the mods are based on their work
    @HofaTheRipper for German translation
    cracky5322@Github for Chinese translation
    acuicultor@Github for Spanish translation
    @krystiano for Polish translation
    JohnsonRan@Github for Chinese Smiplified translation

Brought to you by:
    @siavash79 & @Typhus_

Download (Canary 009)
    V 1.0.0-canary-010

Changelog:

• Added music album art on lockscreen
    • Added auto-grant of required root permissions
    • Improvement of Battery Bar
    • Improved Light QS header
    • Fixed screenshot lag
    • Fixed 3 column QS tiles bug
    • Misc Bugfixes

If you're updating from previous versions:
    • 1.0.0-beta-01 and after: Update your module via module update shortcut in Magisk
    • canary 007 and before: uninstall your module and app completely and flash the zip file

Download:
    I would like to draw your attention that the thread title doesn't contain [Prerelease] anymore!

1.0.0 is out! All credits go to @Typhus_

Pre-Release

Updated: April 1st., 2022

This is a mixed Xposed+Magisk module, which is made to allow customizations that are not originally designed in AOSP (Android Open Source Project).

(Current) Features:
    - Back gesture customization
    - (3-Button navigation) Hold back to kill app
    - Hide navigation bar
    - Light QS Theme
    - Vibrate on QS tile tap
    - One-Finger QS panel pulldown
    - Customize 4G/LTE icon
    - Combined signal Icons
    - Double-tap to sleep
    - Customization on Battery icon style and size
    - Configure build number text in QS footer
    - Hide fingerprint circle (Pixel 6)
    - Add camera button to lockscreen
    - Configure carrier text in lock screen
    - Disable screenshot sound
    - Power button long-press to toggle Torch
    - Double-tap to wake
    - Network Monitor
    - Statusbar Height
    - Statusbar Padding (for phones with left-corner camera)
    - Quick Settings Row & Column numbers
    - Quick Settings tiles text size
    - Internet / Wifi + Cell Tiles
    - Navbar pill thickness
    - Navbar pill theme
    - Keyboard height
    - Icon shapes
    - Statusbar Icon styles
    - Fonts
    - Themed Icons
    - Lockscreen assistant shortcut
    - SystemUI Tuner

Of course, this is an ongoing work and the feature list will get longer through time

Compatibility:
    These mods are designed based on AOSP source code. What does it mean? it means that they are expected to work on Roms (Firmwares) which are build based on fairly unmodified Android source code. This means mainly Pixel Phones (3, 4, 4a, 5, 5a, 6), and any other phones that haven't heavily modified the original Android.

- Android 12.1 (12L): Compatible
    - Andriod 12.1 beta: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP1: Compatible
    - Android 13 DP2: Partially Compatible

Prerequisits:
    - Device Rooted by Magisk 24.2+

- Install the magisk module
    - Reboot (bootloops are not expected)
    - You can use AOSPMods app to configure the module

Credits / Thanks:
    Android Team
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @rovo89 for Xposed
    Team LSPosed
    Team EvolutionX (Specially @kdrag0n). Most of the mods are based on their work
    @HofaTheRipper for German translation
    cracky5322@Github for Chinese translation

Brought to you by:
    @siavash79 & @Typhus_

Download (Canary 007)
    V 1.0.0-beta-01

As promised, we've made it to another release for April 1st.

Changelog:​

Added customization of

• Statusbar Height
    • Statusbar Padding (for phones with left-corner camera)
    • Quick Settings Row & Column numbers
    • Quick Settings tiles text size
    • Internet / Wifi + Cell Tiles
    • Navbar pill thickness
    • Navbar pill theme
    • Keyboard height
    Themes

• Icon shapes
    • Statusbar Icon styles
    • Fonts
    • Themed Icons
    Other

• Added Lockscreen assistant shortcut
    • Added SystemUI Tuner
    • Compatibility with Lsposed 1.8
    • The module manager App is now included in the Magisk module
    • German Translation (Thanks to @HofaTheRipper )
    • Chinese Translation (Thanks to cracky5322@Github)
    • Many bugfixes

ALSO: We've included another feature which is NOT listed above! Let's see who finds it first :D

If you're updating from previous versions:
    • Uninstall AOSPMods app from your device and do a fresh installation
    • You can find future updates in Magisk, whenever the module is updated. You won't need to uninstall your current versions later anymore (Hopefully!)

To install, you will need to
    1. Install LSPosed Zygisk (https://t.me/LSPosedArchives)
    2. Install the zip file in Magisk
    3. Reboot
    4. Technically, the module should automatically activate itself in Lsposed. If didn't, please activate manually and reboot again

Download: