[Mod][Xposed] MockMockLocations : Prevents apps from detecting "Allow Mock Locations"

dapaintballer331

Jan 10, 2010
[Mod][Xposed] MockMockLocations : Prevents apps from detecting "Allow Mock Locations"

Intro
This is a very simple module that attempts to prevent apps from detecting "Allow mock locations" in developer settings.
It has the system respond as if the setting is off.

Purpose
Some applications won't let users into the app if "Allow mock locations" is on. Other apps just filter out the mock locations. This will let developers use these apps without turning this setting off every time!

Settings
By default, this module impacts every application on your phone.
I added a Whitelist in case you ONLY want this to apply to a few specific applications.

Source
https://github.com/bnalls33/MockMockLocations

Download
Repo: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.brandonnalls.mockmocklocations

Attachments

Last edited:

dapaintballer331

Jan 10, 2010
Lyft is the only app I had problems with, however many apps use the same strategy for detecting the Developer Options' setting.
Uber, on the other hand, allows the "Allow mock locations" but filters out the mock coordinates (seems like a better approach).

guy4jesuschrist

May 24, 2011
@dapaintballer331, Please allow blacklisting certain apps. For example, the actual app you might use to set your mock location, detects that "mock locations needs to be enabled", even though it is, and so it won't let you set the location anyways. This is a great little module, especially if you're planning on moving or visiting a location and would like to use various apps to make new friends ahead of time. Some apps only allow users to search a limited distance radius around a them. Blacklisting seems to be the only option missing from this new module. Thanks for creating this nifty app! :)

Last edited:

Lukk1989

Jan 9, 2014
Sweet! Too bad Ingress still says "location inaccurate", anyone know a way around this? Note this is NOT for cheating. I want to use an external GPS device so I can actually play properly.

rlinder12

Jan 3, 2015
App not working

I downloaded the MocoMockLocations file. I then "Installed" it. However, it is not working, the App that uses location still sends the message "Disallow mock locations" if I have enabled Mock Locations in Settings. May be I don't know how to turn on the MockMocklocations app ? When I check for it in Settings>Apps, it shows me the option of "Uninstall", however the "Force Option" button is greyed out. This makes me think that I have the MockMockLocation installed but not running? What do I need to do to make it "run" and work? Thanks,

Reactions: mustangy

mustangy

Jul 6, 2015
Not working android 4.4

Downloded installed xposed frame etc every things done. But still apps are asking for tick mock location and when i go mock location just same as above user results only force to stop and uninstall options are there and nothing to do can some explain how to use please thanks

purcitron

Sep 16, 2015
Lyft is the only app I had problems with, however many apps use the same strategy for detecting the Developer Options' setting.
Uber, on the other hand, allows the "Allow mock locations" but filters out the mock coordinates (seems like a better approach).
so i installed the APK file.
enabled mock location in developer options
lyft still blocks mock locations.
how can i can get a round this please? did i miss a step? do i need to run the APK file somehow?
thanks!

juyer

Jan 24, 2014
hello, I turn it on and generally it works but now I cannot make a location by an app fake location 3.22 because it thinks that my mock is off and instead of make a new location it opens the tab with mock enable checkbox, LOL, I need mock to mock a mock...
To be honest I want mock mock for an app and don't mock mock for another (the app which "makes" the location).

Last edited:

tyby1601

Dec 9, 2014
Blacklisting is what you need but it's not posible with this module.
We hope that the developer will enter this posibility in his module.

Trimis de pe al meu Lenovo A536 folosind Tapatalk

Reactions: NiTrOwow

Nikalozi

Oct 4, 2015
same here

I downloaded the MocoMockLocations file. I then "Installed" it. However, it is not working, the App that uses location still sends the message "Disallow mock locations" if I have enabled Mock Locations in Settings. May be I don't know how to turn on the MockMocklocations app ? When I check for it in Settings>Apps, it shows me the option of "Uninstall", however the "Force Option" button is greyed out. This makes me think that I have the MockMockLocation installed but not running? What do I need to do to make it "run" and work? Thanks,
My sentiment exactly.