[MOD][XPOSED][NEW] Grindr Plus

Search This thread

ElJaviLuki

Sep 21, 2021
Badajoz, Spain

Grindr Plus - Extend the limits of Grindr!​

I am pleased to present Grindr Plus, a mod for Grindr that adds new features to the popular dating app!

Precedents

A similar mod already exists (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-xposed-grindrmod-new.3807621/) although it hasn't been maintained for quite a long time.

Within the range of possibilities and options offered by the Xposed API, the main goal is to improve the experience in this dating app as much as possible.
I'm also implementing some features requested by users in official Grindr feedback (https://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/912631-grindr-feedback). Some requests are very simple to implement and today I do not understand why the official Grindr team has not been in charge of carrying them out, something that makes lots of people very angry. It is time for users to be heard once and for all.!

Little by little we will add more features. You can collaborate on the project and contribute your own ideas through my GitHub repository! https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus

Mod Features​

(Depending on the version of the client and module you're using, some features may not be available or may work buggy.)
  • Allow mocking locations (WARNING: Abusing this feature may result in a permanent ban)
  • Advanced features:
    • Unlimited cascade view.
    • Unlocked 'Explore mode'.
    • Advanced search filters.
    • See 'Read' and 'Typing...' message states.
  • Allow taking screenshots in any part of the app (including albums and expiring photos).
  • Unlimited expiring photos.
  • Remove expiration on incoming expiring photos, allowing to see them any number of times you want.
  • Extra profile fields in the so-called CruiseViewHolder ('Profile ID', and exact time of 'Last seen')
  • Make videocalls even if you didn't start a chat with the recipient.
  • Access to some user-hidden features (developer features)
  • More accurate online status from other users. (Now, the green dot from other profiles goes off after 3 minutes of inactivity.) Inspired in the feedback made at: https://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/912631-grindr-feedback/suggestions/34555780-more-accurate-online-status-go-offline-when-clos
  • Allow unlimited taps (no 24h restriction)
  • "N/A" when Last Seen profile field is not available (= 0)
  • New profile field: Body Mass Index (BMI)
  • Check client version before hooking (as a security measure for avoiding possible crashes and bans*)

*Read the Disclaimer!

Bugs​

• Incognito mode is kinda buggy (it turns off after a little while)

How to install​

1. Install the Xposed Framework and its app (Xposed, EDXposed, etc.)
  2. Download the Grindr Plus module.
  3. Activate the module in the Xposed Installer.
  4. Reboot your device.
  5. Done!

Troubleshooting​

My Grindr app suddenly stops when the module is installed.​

Check if the module supports the app version. Grindr has lots of obfuscated symbols that change in each app update and the module couldn't work (or couldn't work properly)

Contributing​

This project is open to any kind of contribution. Feel free to open an issue or a pull request or submit an issue or suggestion!

Credits​

As an open source project, you're free to inspire yourself from this code. However, please DON'T copy it and release it as your own (kanging). Give the proper credit and reference to the original project (https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus) and its contributors.

Main contributor: https://github.com/ElJaviLuki

Additional credits in the Github repo (since I don't I will be able to edit this post, if new people join to the project)

Disclaimer​

This module is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the official Grindr app. It is provided for free with no warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk! I am not responsible for lost chats, user data, unexpected bans or any other problems incurred from the use of this module. This mod does not collect any personal data nor does it display ads of any kind. No earnings are generated or collected from the use of this software. This project is open source so you can check all these facts by your own!

Download​

https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus/releases <- THAT is the official download repo page for the mod.

Again: Make sure that the module version is compatible with your Grindr client version, otherwise you can expect bugs and/or crashes.

I am NOT responsible for any damage that may be incurred by downloading a modified version of this mod that could have been uploaded any website that is not THAT one (I mean that includes viruses, ads or other strange things).

Last edited:

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila

I am pleased to present Grindr Plus, a mod for Grindr that adds new features to the popular dating app!

Precedents

A similar mod already exists (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-xposed-grindrmod-new.3807621/) although it hasn't been maintained for quite a long time.

Within the range of possibilities and options offered by the Xposed API, the main goal is to improve the experience in this dating app as much as possible.
I'm also implementing some features requested by users in official Grindr feedback (https://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/912631-grindr-feedback). Some requests are very simple to implement and today I do not understand why the official Grindr team has not been in charge of carrying them out, something that makes lots of people very angry. It is time for users to be heard once and for all.!

Little by little we will add more features. You can collaborate on the project and contribute your own ideas through my GitHub repository! https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus

Mod Features​

(Depending on the version of the client and module you're using, some features may not be available or may work buggy.)
- Allow mocking locations (WARNING: Abusing this feature may result in a permanent ban)
- Grant most of the Xtra and Unlimited features.
- Unlimited cascade view.
- Unlocked 'Explore mode'.
- Advanced search filters.
- See 'Read' and 'Typing...' message states.
- Allow taking screenshots in any part of the app (including albums and expiring photos).
- Unlimited expiring photos.
- Remove expiration on incoming expiring photos, allowing to see them any number of times you want.
- Extra profile fields in the so-called CruiseViewHolder ('Profile ID', and exact time of 'Last seen')
- Make videocalls even if you didn't start a chat with the recipient.
- Access to some user-hidden features (developer features)
- More accurate online status from other users. (The green dot from other profiles goes off after 3 minutes of inactivity.)
- Allow unlimited taps (no 24h restriction)

Bugs​

* Incognito mode is kinda buggy (it turns off after a little while)

How to install​

4. Reboot your device.
  5. Done!

Troubleshooting​

Check if the module supports the app version. Grindr has lots of obfuscated symbols that change in each app update and the module couldn't work (or couldn't work properly)

Contributing​

This project is open to any kind of contribution. Feel free to open an issue or a pull request or submit an issue or suggestion!

Credits​

As an open source project, you're free to inspire yourself from this code. However, please DON'T copy it and release it as your own (kanging). Give the proper credit and reference to the original project (https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus) and its contributors.

Additional credits in the Github repo (since I don't I will be able to edit this post, if new people join to the project)

Disclaimer​

This module is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the official Grindr app. It is provided for free with no warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk! I am not responsible for lost chats, user data, unexpected bans or any other problems incurred from the use of this module. This mod does not collect any personal data nor does it display ads of any kind. No earnings are generated or collected from the use of this software. This project is open source so you can check all these facts by your own!

Download​

https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus/releases <- THAT is the official download repo page for the mod.

Again: Make sure that the module version is compatible with your Grindr client version, otherwise you can expect bugs and/or crashes.

I am NOT responsible for any damage that may be incurred by downloading a modified version of this mod that could have been uploaded any website that is not THAT one (I mean that includes viruses, ads or other strange things).
Fantastic work! Thank you for forking this project. I love you! <3

Reactions: ElJaviLuki

ElJaviLuki

Sep 21, 2021
Badajoz, Spain

New release - v1.1​

New features:
- "N/A" when Last Seen profile field is not available (= 0)
- New profile field: Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Check client version before hooking (as a security measure for avoiding possible crashes and bans*)

* Read the Disclaimer in the first message!

Jvlc

Dec 2, 2017
OnePlus 6
Realme X50 5G
Thanks to your great work I now can enjoy (again) some extra features!

I installed version 1.0 without any problem. Today I tried to install new version 1.1 but to no avail. I'm using EdXposed 4.6.2 under Android 11/ Magisk 23.0. When I open your apk with the system app installer, Play Protect complains but it is possible to continue with the installation. However, a pop-up error message says that Grindr Plus was not installed. After de-activating Play Protect and trying again, the same pop-up error message appears again.

Should I de-activate and uninstall version 1.0 from EdXposed before installing v1.1?

ElJaviLuki

Sep 21, 2021
Badajoz, Spain
Hi there! @Jvlc
Yeah, there was a problem when building the app, especifically the signature.
From now you should be able to update the hook without uninstalling the old version and then installing the new one manually. I replaced the releases. I recommend you to uninstall your current version and reinstall the new one manually this time (since I replaced the signature). Hope this won't be an issue!
Thanks!

Btw: This app is not in the Play Store (and obviously won't) so that is what might be triggering the Play Protect alert... Just speculating though. do you guys know how to fix this?

Laser422

Jun 12, 2022
Thanks for the mod, hopeful I get the chance to use it.

Currently am device banned on my main device due to gps changing, do you have any suggested tweaks that can be used with your mod to circumvent that device ban? Thanks.

ElJaviLuki

Sep 21, 2021
Badajoz, Spain

Currently am device banned on my main device due to gps changing, do you have any suggested tweaks that can be used with your mod to circumvent that device ban? Thanks.
Hi there, @Laser422 !!
From my experience, what I can tell you is not to abuse this feature. Do credible movements and do NOT change the GPS location crazily: that is, you cannot be in France, Japan, Australia, Brazil and USA in less than 30 minutes (this will be a 90-95% probability of ban).

So far, I haven't had problems moving my GPS to nearby locations (around from 0 to 100 km around me). But again, don't teleport: that's not credible. Fake GPS must be used very punctually. Using it continuously even for short distances can also raise suspicions.

In any case, with Grindr Plus you have the 'Explore' mode enabled, with which you can move to any point on the planet without using Fake GPS and therefore not exposing yourself to the risks that its use implies for your Grindr account.

Hope this helps!

Jvlc

Dec 2, 2017
OnePlus 6
Realme X50 5G
Hi there! @Jvlc
Yeah, there was a problem when building the app, especifically the signature.
From now you should be able to update the hook without uninstalling the old version and then installing the new one manually. I replaced the releases. I recommend you to uninstall your current version and reinstall the new one manually this time (since I replaced the signature). Hope this won't be an issue!
Thanks!

Btw: This app is not in the Play Store (and obviously won't) so that is what might be triggering the Play Protect alert... Just speculating though. do you guys know how to fix this?
I upgraded my phone to Android 12 + Magisk + LSposed, and now your module (version 1.1) works perfectly well! :cool:

Reactions: ElJaviLuki

RobbieTechie

Mar 18, 2022

This may be seem random, but are you using XPrivacyLua at all and do you have it activated for Grindr? It works great for privacy, but it doesn't play well with Grindr. I tested it out and when activated for Grindr it instantly threw up the banned screen on Grindr even though I was not actually banned.

Perhaps if that is your case, try disabling it (XPrivacyLua) temporarily and see what happens after that. Grindr does collect quite a large amount of data about it's users but I'm not sure XPrivacyLua prevents that as I didn't test it out for long but I know they track who you view and where from among other things, this is besides the who viewed you part of the app. They post the logs to 'https : //grindr . mobi/v3/logging/mobile/logs' with things such as this (only a small sample)
{
"id": 3600,
"name": "favorites_screen_viewed",
"timestamp": 1657769042553,
"params": {
"version_code": "8.11.0.99373",
"is_background": false
}
}, {
"id": 3601,
"name": "page",
"timestamp": 1657769060567,
"type": "stop",
"page_name": "HomeActivity",
}
}, {
"id": 3602,
"name": "view_profile_from_favorites",
"timestamp": 1657769060600,
}
}, {
"id": 3603,
"name": "screenshot_obs_noperm",
"timestamp": 1657769060608,
}

They track all your activities on there basically...

Laser422

Jun 12, 2022
This may be seem random, but are you using XPrivacyLua at all and do you have it activated for Grindr? It works great for privacy, but it doesn't play well with Grindr. I tested it out and when activated for Grindr it instantly threw up the banned screen on Grindr even though I was not actually banned.

Perhaps if that is your case, try disabling it (XPrivacyLua) temporarily and see what happens after that. Grindr does collect quite a large amount of data about it's users but I'm not sure XPrivacyLua prevents that as I didn't test it out for long but I know they track who you view and where from among other things, this is besides the who viewed you part of the app. They post the logs to 'https : //grindr . mobi/v3/logging/mobile/logs' with things such as this (only a small sample)
{
"id": 3600,
"name": "favorites_screen_viewed",
"timestamp": 1657769042553,
}
}, {
"id": 3601,
"name": "page",
"timestamp": 1657769060567,
"type": "stop",
"page_name": "HomeActivity",
}
}, {
"id": 3602,
"name": "view_profile_from_favorites",
"timestamp": 1657769060600,
}
}, {
"id": 3603,
"name": "screenshot_obs_noperm",
"timestamp": 1657769060608,
}

They track all your activities on there basically...
Thanks for the response

I don’t have xprivacylua activated. Once dealing with a device ban, for whatever reason, I can’t figure out how to get around it. This mod doesn’t (and wasn’t intended to) aid in that.

Jinnn92

Aug 24, 2014
OnePlus 6
Thanks a lot! I don't know if that's what your module is doing or is it just the older app version ( I used 8.6 till it forced me to update) but the incredibly annoying auto opening of keyboard when opening a profile does not happen.

EDIT Auto keyboard happens again for some reason. If it's possible, please make it go away

Also I would like to ask if you could make the dumb ads on top of message list dissapear

Last edited:

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
Thanks a lot! I don't know if that's what your module is doing or is it just the older app version ( I used 8.6 till it forced me to update) but the incredibly annoying auto opening of keyboard when opening a profile does not happen.

EDIT Auto keyboard happens again for some reason. If it's possible, please make it go away

Also I would like to ask if you could make the dumb ads on top of message list dissapear
As for the ads, look into using Adaway.

ale82to

Apr 7, 2014
first of all thanks for resurrecting this mod ,will you please consider adding some theming option like pure black color and bubble style ?
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

New release - v1.1 for v8.17.0​

• Bump to v8.17.0
    Note: The app sometimes crashes unexpectedly at some point, not sure if it's a bug from the client or from the hook though.
    https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus/releases/tag/v1.1-8.17.0
    Great again (y)

New release - v1.1.3 for v8.17.1​

• Copy Profile ID to the clipboard when doing long click on its corresponding profile field.
    Grindr ask for update, can't login with 8.11.0 version

New release - v1.1.1 for v8.17.1​

Bump to v8.17.1

New release - v1.1 for v8.16.0​

• Bump to v8.16.0

Precedents

Mod Features​

• Allow mocking locations (WARNING: Abusing this feature may result in a permanent ban)
    • Advanced features:
      • Unlimited cascade view.
      • Unlocked 'Explore mode'.
      • Advanced search filters.
      • See 'Read' and 'Typing...' message states.
    • Allow taking screenshots in any part of the app (including albums and expiring photos).
    • Unlimited expiring photos.
    • Remove expiration on incoming expiring photos, allowing to see them any number of times you want.
    • Extra profile fields in the so-called CruiseViewHolder ('Profile ID', and exact time of 'Last seen')
    • Make videocalls even if you didn't start a chat with the recipient.
    • Access to some user-hidden features (developer features)
    • More accurate online status from other users. (Now, the green dot from other profiles goes off after 3 minutes of inactivity.) Inspired in the feedback made at: https://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/912631-grindr-feedback/suggestions/34555780-more-accurate-online-status-go-offline-when-clos
    • Allow unlimited taps (no 24h restriction)
    • "N/A" when Last Seen profile field is not available (= 0)
    • New profile field: Body Mass Index (BMI)
    • Check client version before hooking (as a security measure for avoiding possible crashes and bans*)

*Read the Disclaimer!

Bugs​

• Incognito mode is kinda buggy (it turns off after a little while)

How to install​

4. Reboot your device.
    5. Done!

Troubleshooting​

Contributing​

Credits​

Disclaimer​

Download​

New release - v1.1 for v8.17.0​

• Bump to v8.17.0
    Note: The app sometimes crashes unexpectedly at some point, not sure if it's a bug from the client or from the hook though.
    https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus/releases/tag/v1.1-8.17.0
    Great again (y)

New release - v1.1.3 for v8.17.1​

• Copy Profile ID to the clipboard when doing long click on its corresponding profile field.

New release - v1.1.1 for v8.17.1​

Bump to v8.17.1
    Grindr ask for update, can't login with 8.11.0 version