[MOD][XPOSED][NEW] Grindr Plus

Search This thread

xk3v1lx

Jan 23, 2010
I have the same problem as you. Basically any version 8.13+ does not work for me. Last one working was 8.12, but it can't be used anymore because it forces me to update. Luckily, I have a second work phone and from that, i can log in just fine using the same account/email (no root, no module). So i don't think it's module related - it's the app itself (i can't login even with module unistalled). I'm on rooted Zenfone 8 (Android 12) btw.

Also, thank you ElJaviLuki for such a quick new version release - love the module!
That's it - from app itself
I tried to all ways: delete module, delete app's data, delete Play's data but no logged although from v8.11 is no problems
Or maybe i had used Lanchon's module before 🫤

From my second phone:
- update ElJaviLuki's module
- update Grindr
And every thing is fine

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011
Thanks for the mod, hopeful I get the chance to use it.

Currently am device banned on my main device due to gps changing, do you have any suggested tweaks that can be used with your mod to circumvent that device ban? Thanks.
hey,

sorry i didn't see this before.

first you need to create a new account in a device that is stock rom and unrooted. account creation mostly fails on modded devices. try using a straight friend's phone.

then go back to your banned device, uninstall grindr, and change or delete the android ID for grindr (android IDs are per app and conserved till factory reset). there are root apps for that, or just edit the file. you need to reboot afterwards.

finally reinstall grindr and log in using your new account.

keis0n

Dec 18, 2015
Brasília
why when the mod is activated the temporary video message is not available? and when it deactivates it reappears.
Screenshot_20220918-132817_Quickstep.jpg
Screenshot_20220918-133211_Quickstep.jpg

Last edited:

dinosix9

Sep 15, 2022
Just to discard possible issues... Does this happen only when using the mod?
It happens no matter the module being installed/active... I have the same problem - any version 8.13+ is unable to login/refresh (but only on one phone, second unrooted phone works fine using the same account). There is a workaround available but for iOS only, nothing for Android i could find.

i still meet the error 😞
Unable to loading (connection lost)
View attachment 5715229

HELP ME PLEASE 🥺
go with 8.12 (without module unfortunately) if you really need to use the app 😏 it should work until they force you to update again soon (which is the case now for 8.11). Anyway, if you find a solution eventually, please do share it ☺️ the app really sucks without the module - so many stupid restrictions...

hyperean

Sep 26, 2022
the mock location setting doesn't seem to be showing up anywhere, where is it located?

xk3v1lx

Jan 23, 2010
go with 8.12 (without module unfortunately) if you really need to use the app 😏 it should work until they force you to update again soon (which is the case now for 8.11). Anyway, if you find a solution eventually, please do share it ☺️ the app really sucks without the module - so many stupid restrictions...
8.12 or 8.12.1 is ok already
But, try anyways has been failed with other versions 😞
I think it should be occurred by using the grindrplus of @Lanchon
I have 3 phones (magisk 25.2 and LSposed 1.8.4 6609, safetynet passed), the only phone updated grindrplus of @ElJaviLuki is still OK, 2 others updated @Lanchon and updated @ElJaviLuki after would be FAILED

dinosix9

Sep 15, 2022
8.12 or 8.12.1 is ok already
But, try anyways has been failed with other versions 😞
I think it should be occurred by using the grindrplus of @Lanchon
I have 3 phones (magisk 25.2 and LSposed 1.8.4 6609, safetynet passed), the only phone updated grindrplus of @ElJaviLuki is still OK, 2 others updated @Lanchon and updated @ElJaviLuki after would be FAILED
3 phones with Grindr, good for you 😅

Anyway, I did indeed use Lanchon release as well, but i tested the app before activating the module and it was failing nevertheless... i also did fresh install, changed ID, tried creating new account, but no luck - once forced update comes again, it's bye bye, hh ... also, weirdly, using titanium backup to backup/restore the app (8.12) doesn't work ('unable to load' error), regular install is without problems ... so yeah, hard to say - but i still belive it's app related, not the module

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011
so i'm seeing stuff that looks like conspiracy theories about my build breaking future grindr builds retroactively...

guys, relax. i pushed out that update because Javi had been inactive for a while and was fearing he wouldn't return. it's a great thing that Javi open-sourced his work so others can do this... thank you Javi, really. it's not an easy decision when hacking apps because you are maybe letting your opponent know your methods.

but anyway, my build: my build has nothing dark in it, ok? in fact, Javi merged my pull request so you can find my silly little contribution in his builds too. if you didn't try "my" code but you are using Javi's latest builds you are "tainted" by my evil code all the same lol.

nonsense aside, i'm still using grindr 8.17.0 with Javi's old 1.1 build and everything works. i get no requests to upgrade. i really don't know what problem you guys are talking about.

btw, creating a new grindr account on a lineageos roooted phone hasn't worked for me in ages. i need a stock phone for that. (and i don't have any :((. )

dinosix9

Sep 15, 2022
so i'm seeing stuff that looks like conspiracy theories about my build breaking future grindr builds retroactively...

guys, relax. i pushed out that update because Javi had been inactive for a while and was fearing he wouldn't return. it's a great thing that Javi open-sourced his work so others can do this... thank you Javi, really. it's not an easy decision when hacking apps because you are maybe letting your opponent know your methods.

but anyway, my build: my build has nothing dark in it, ok? in fact, Javi merged my pull request so you can find my silly little contribution in his builds too. if you didn't try "my" code but you are using Javi's latest builds you are "tainted" by my evil code all the same lol.

nonsense aside, i'm still using grindr 8.17.0 with Javi's old 1.1 build and everything works. i get no requests to upgrade. i really don't know what problem you guys are talking about.

btw, creating a new grindr account on a lineageos roooted phone hasn't worked for me in ages. i need a stock phone for that. (and i don't have any :((. )
no Lanchon, please do read my post again - in it, i'm saying (twice actually) that the app itself is 'broken', not the mod... since 8.13, there has been some change which is causing the login failure - it says "connection error/unable to refresh/something went wrong" but doing tcpdump on my phone, it clearly comunicates to grindr.mobi... unfortunatelly i'm not a developer, so that's as far as i can go...

my point was simply to say, that i have the same issue as xk3v1lx and it is not! caused by the mod - i have found a workaround for iOS (here https://www.reddit.com/r/grindr/comments/x87rih ), but it does not help on Android... maybe someone reads this someday and will know what might be wrong, that was the whole purpose of my post... apologies for misunderstanding

anyway, sorry for the off topic (feel free to send me a PM) and thanks again for the mod, awesome work! ☺️

Reactions: Lanchon

Top Liked Posts

I'm not sure if anyone is being pushed this version yet, but there is version 8.23.0 build 109418 out there....

This is the same as the last except I did check and enable experiments, which you won't visibly notice at most times. The last version I built and posted here did not have those enabled as I did not have time to double check.

Just as before this is ElJaviLuki's work and code simply updated for the version 8.23.0 build 109418 that I mentioned above. Video calls on empy chats and extra profile fields are not included, everything else should work properly. Again I did not remove that code and simply commented it out so it won't be run in this version of this release.

I did not put in a pull request for this on Github as I don't feel this version was complete. But again, perhaps @ElJaviLuki could deal with that, as I ran across a null exception for param[0] null pointer exception in the previous version. I feel that I'm overlooking something but have not really taken a detailed look into what I'm missing or overlooking

I did update the color codes for the gold and pure white though:

object R {
    private const val _R = Constants.GRINDR_PKG

const val color = "$_R.m0"
    object color_ {
    const val grindr_gold_star_gay = "D"
    const val grindr_pure_white = "T"
    }
    }

Personally I would hold off on this version unless it gets pushed to you, but that is up to each person to decide....

I hope everyone is doing well and safe and healthy...
    Here is an update for version 8.22.0-108721

NOTE: This version DOES NOT have the experiments enabled and I also do not have the extra profile fields added in right now. This was somewhat a quick update and I have not finished but for those getting pushed the update for 8.22.0 build 108721 this will work for that version.

Most things here are working such as the mock location, unlimited taps, unlimited expiring photos and all that. I was getting errors for the extra profile fields even when I did get them to show up. Those errors are sent to grindr through the app so i commented out that feature for right now until I have further time to look into it. I did not even get a chance to check the experiments, so I commented those out too. I'm sorry if someone will miss those at the moment but I've been a bit busy with holiday and life as of late.

I did not remove any code that ElJaviLuki put in here, I simply commented out sections I have not been able to look into for the moment.

Again this is not an official build by ElJaviLuki but it is his code and his work simply updated for Grindr 8.22.0-108721, the same as has been done previously. Grindr seems to be running quite well with this version, but results can vary with different devices.

I think we are getting close to Grindr forcing an update for 8.17.1 which was the last official release that ElJaviLuki put out an official release for, so if I am unable to finish the other parts before that happens, perhaps it will be fixed by ElJaviLuki himself, but I am only guessing about that part.

I hope everyone is doing well and safe and healthy.
    Best regards
    ~Robbie Techie
    Here is an update of Grindr Plus for version 8.21.0 - same as posted above, but for version 8.21.0. Nothing in the original work is changed and this is just an update for ElJaviLuki's version to bring it up to date for 8.21.0.

I tested as I built it to make sure things are working. I saw no errors in the logs but if you run into issues please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Again this is not an official build from ElJaviLuki and only an update to help people until he does an official update whenever he does that. If you want the code to examine it there is a pull request on Github and you can examine the code there:

I'm not sure if anyone is being pushed this version yet, but there is version 8.23.0 build 109418 out there....

This is the same as the last except I did check and enable experiments, which you won't visibly notice at most times. The last version I built and posted here did not have those enabled as I did not have time to double check.

Just as before this is ElJaviLuki's work and code simply updated for the version 8.23.0 build 109418 that I mentioned above. Video calls on empy chats and extra profile fields are not included, everything else should work properly. Again I did not remove that code and simply commented it out so it won't be run in this version of this release.

I did not put in a pull request for this on Github as I don't feel this version was complete. But again, perhaps @ElJaviLuki could deal with that, as I ran across a null exception for param[0] null pointer exception in the previous version. I feel that I'm overlooking something but have not really taken a detailed look into what I'm missing or overlooking

I did update the color codes for the gold and pure white though:

object R {
    private const val _R = Constants.GRINDR_PKG

const val color = "$_R.m0"
    object color_ {
    const val grindr_gold_star_gay = "D"
    const val grindr_pure_white = "T"
    }
    }

Personally I would hold off on this version unless it gets pushed to you, but that is up to each person to decide....

I hope everyone is doing well and safe and healthy...
    Hi, I am using LSPatch (an alternative for non-root LSPosed) and I keep getting the "Something went wrong, please try again" when I try to log in. I've tried the Grindr Plus version 8.20 and 8.21 with the corresponding Grindr version. Not sure how to get it to work or which versions will work.
    Have you tried disabling the mod then logging just to see what happens without the mod active?

The mod is designed for systems based on Xposed which is designed to work with rooted devices. I am unfamiliar with LSPatch but if it is not based off of Xposed that could be why it is not working for you.

I would try logging in with the mod disabled and if you are able to login without the mod, then re-enable it and try again.

If you were not previously logged in, perhaps something is preventing part of the login process from working properly. Grindr does write to a shared prefs folder /data/data/com.grindrapp.android/shared_prefs so perhaps between LSPatch and the mod, something is not getting processed properly.

Grindr Plus - Extend the limits of Grindr!​

I am pleased to present Grindr Plus, a mod for Grindr that adds new features to the popular dating app!

Precedents

A similar mod already exists (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-xposed-grindrmod-new.3807621/) although it hasn't been maintained for quite a long time.

Within the range of possibilities and options offered by the Xposed API, the main goal is to improve the experience in this dating app as much as possible.
    I'm also implementing some features requested by users in official Grindr feedback (https://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/912631-grindr-feedback). Some requests are very simple to implement and today I do not understand why the official Grindr team has not been in charge of carrying them out, something that makes lots of people very angry. It is time for users to be heard once and for all.!

Little by little we will add more features. You can collaborate on the project and contribute your own ideas through my GitHub repository! https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus

Mod Features​

(Depending on the version of the client and module you're using, some features may not be available or may work buggy.)
    • Allow mocking locations (WARNING: Abusing this feature may result in a permanent ban)
    • Advanced features:
      • Unlimited cascade view.
      • Unlocked 'Explore mode'.
      • Advanced search filters.
      • See 'Read' and 'Typing...' message states.
    • Allow taking screenshots in any part of the app (including albums and expiring photos).
    • Unlimited expiring photos.
    • Remove expiration on incoming expiring photos, allowing to see them any number of times you want.
    • Extra profile fields in the so-called CruiseViewHolder ('Profile ID', and exact time of 'Last seen')
    • Make videocalls even if you didn't start a chat with the recipient.
    • Access to some user-hidden features (developer features)
    • More accurate online status from other users. (Now, the green dot from other profiles goes off after 3 minutes of inactivity.) Inspired in the feedback made at: https://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/912631-grindr-feedback/suggestions/34555780-more-accurate-online-status-go-offline-when-clos
    • Allow unlimited taps (no 24h restriction)
    • "N/A" when Last Seen profile field is not available (= 0)
    • New profile field: Body Mass Index (BMI)
    • Check client version before hooking (as a security measure for avoiding possible crashes and bans*)

*Read the Disclaimer!

Bugs​

• Incognito mode is kinda buggy (it turns off after a little while)

How to install​

1. Install the Xposed Framework and its app (Xposed, EDXposed, etc.)
    2. Download the Grindr Plus module.
    3. Activate the module in the Xposed Installer.
    4. Reboot your device.
    5. Done!

Troubleshooting​

My Grindr app suddenly stops when the module is installed.​

Check if the module supports the app version. Grindr has lots of obfuscated symbols that change in each app update and the module couldn't work (or couldn't work properly)

Contributing​

This project is open to any kind of contribution. Feel free to open an issue or a pull request or submit an issue or suggestion!

Credits​

As an open source project, you're free to inspire yourself from this code. However, please DON'T copy it and release it as your own (kanging). Give the proper credit and reference to the original project (https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus) and its contributors.

Main contributor: https://github.com/ElJaviLuki

Additional credits in the Github repo (since I don't I will be able to edit this post, if new people join to the project)

Disclaimer​

This module is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the official Grindr app. It is provided for free with no warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk! I am not responsible for lost chats, user data, unexpected bans or any other problems incurred from the use of this module. This mod does not collect any personal data nor does it display ads of any kind. No earnings are generated or collected from the use of this software. This project is open source so you can check all these facts by your own!

Download​

https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus/releases <- THAT is the official download repo page for the mod.

Again: Make sure that the module version is compatible with your Grindr client version, otherwise you can expect bugs and/or crashes.

I am NOT responsible for any damage that may be incurred by downloading a modified version of this mod that could have been uploaded any website that is not THAT one (I mean that includes viruses, ads or other strange things).
    Here is an update for version 8.22.0-108721

NOTE: This version DOES NOT have the experiments enabled and I also do not have the extra profile fields added in right now. This was somewhat a quick update and I have not finished but for those getting pushed the update for 8.22.0 build 108721 this will work for that version.

Most things here are working such as the mock location, unlimited taps, unlimited expiring photos and all that. I was getting errors for the extra profile fields even when I did get them to show up. Those errors are sent to grindr through the app so i commented out that feature for right now until I have further time to look into it. I did not even get a chance to check the experiments, so I commented those out too. I'm sorry if someone will miss those at the moment but I've been a bit busy with holiday and life as of late.

I did not remove any code that ElJaviLuki put in here, I simply commented out sections I have not been able to look into for the moment.

Again this is not an official build by ElJaviLuki but it is his code and his work simply updated for Grindr 8.22.0-108721, the same as has been done previously. Grindr seems to be running quite well with this version, but results can vary with different devices.

I think we are getting close to Grindr forcing an update for 8.17.1 which was the last official release that ElJaviLuki put out an official release for, so if I am unable to finish the other parts before that happens, perhaps it will be fixed by ElJaviLuki himself, but I am only guessing about that part.

I hope everyone is doing well and safe and healthy.
    Best regards
    ~Robbie Techie
    Here is an update of Grindr Plus for version 8.21.0 - same as posted above, but for version 8.21.0. Nothing in the original work is changed and this is just an update for ElJaviLuki's version to bring it up to date for 8.21.0.

I tested as I built it to make sure things are working. I saw no errors in the logs but if you run into issues please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Again this is not an official build from ElJaviLuki and only an update to help people until he does an official update whenever he does that. If you want the code to examine it there is a pull request on Github and you can examine the code there:

New release - v1.1 for v8.17.0​

• Bump to v8.17.0
    Note: The app sometimes crashes unexpectedly at some point, not sure if it's a bug from the client or from the hook though.
    https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus/releases/tag/v1.1-8.17.0
    Great again (y)

New release - v1.1.3 for v8.17.1​

• Copy Profile ID to the clipboard when doing long click on its corresponding profile field.