[MOD][XPOSED][NEW] Grindr Plus

Search This thread

xk3v1lx

Jan 23, 2010
no Lanchon, please do read my post again - in it, i'm saying (twice actually) that the app itself is 'broken', not the mod... since 8.13, there has been some change which is causing the login failure - it says "connection error/unable to refresh/something went wrong" but doing tcpdump on my phone, it clearly comunicates to grindr.mobi... unfortunatelly i'm not a developer, so that's as far as i can go...

my point was simply to say, that i have the same issue as xk3v1lx and it is not! caused by the mod - i have found a workaround for iOS (here https://www.reddit.com/r/grindr/comments/x87rih ), but it does not help on Android... maybe someone reads this someday and will know what might be wrong, that was the whole purpose of my post... apologies for misunderstanding

anyway, sorry for the off topic (feel free to send me a PM) and thanks again for the mod, awesome work! ☺️
All methods failed 😵💫
Use version 12 or 12.1 and hope @ElJaviLuki release grindrplus for it 🥴

genesis89

Nov 28, 2017
This module works great on my phone but I'll keep using vanilla until it supports 8.18.x. Grindr fixed two major bugs in 8.18.x (picless profiles bug and weird auto refresh on fav grid bug). Can I request a feature? I don't use github so I'll write it here. I would love if you copy the "Selectable 2, 3, 4 or 5-column grid layout" feature from the old module. If selectable can't be an option, just add another column on fav grid. The default 2 columns (or rows, not sure which one is correct) is too big on my phone and I'm too lazy to scroll down (fav'd too many profiles lol). Thanks.

Edit: Forgot this one. How long is "a little while"? I'm talking about the incognito bug.

Last edited:

RobbieTechie

Mar 18, 2022
I have a pull request in for 8.20.0-107567 on Github. I know that ElJaviLuki has said on Github that this is a hobby for him and he sounds like he's quite busy most of the time.

This could be built and run, but it won't be exactly the same as an update that cames directly from him, so if someone builds off my branch they likely need to uninstall it when he puts out an update.

*Edited for spelling error

RobbieTechie

Mar 18, 2022
Here is a temporary version for updates for GPlus by @ElJaviLuki, all credit for GPlus goes to him and this is just an update to his work.

I have a pull request in on Github for him to check out so he can build an official version when he has time. If you wish to view the code it is on his Github and the updates I made are on the Pull Request section.

This will likely need to be uninstalled when ElJaviLuki makes an official release, but for now this should help to fix some of the grindr bugs that have been mentioned above such as the grid refresh issue on the favorites section that were rather annoying to some users.

Edit: Someone on Github had mentioned that 8.20.0 was not available in the play store yet. You can update from APK Mirror here

If you choose the versions with the bundle tag, those will need the APK Mirror installer to install properly, but I won't cover that, that part is up to you...

Attachments

• GPlus 8.20.0-107567 RobbieTechie.apk
    1.3 MB · Views: 137
Reactions: innit

genesis89

Nov 28, 2017
Here is a temporary version for updates for GPlus by @ElJaviLuki, all credit for GPlus goes to him and this is just an update to his work.

I have a pull request in on Github for him to check out so he can build an official version when he has time. If you wish to view the code it is on his Github and the updates I made are on the Pull Request section.

This will likely need to be uninstalled when ElJaviLuki makes an official release, but for now this should help to fix some of the grindr bugs that have been mentioned above such as the grid refresh issue on the favorites section that were rather annoying to some users.

Edit: Someone on Github had mentioned that 8.20.0 was not available in the play store yet. You can update from APK Mirror here

If you choose the versions with the bundle tag, those will need the APK Mirror installer to install properly, but I won't cover that, that part is up to you...

Is this one the "lite" version like you posted in the other thread or similar to the original one? Thanks.

Bunjamid03

Oct 23, 2022
Hello can you help me fixed my problem. 1 year ago i was able to make grindr 2 times a day when i get banned. all i need to do just to change my device id using device emulator by checking those id / country region etc. but now i tried to change device random but it gives me an error says "REGISTRATION ERROR" anyone can help me with this problem? or anyone know how to fixed it? im willing to pay donate or whatever as long i can use this app. please

Attachments

• 312588606_446082180766223_4370899957649787237_n.jpg
    312588606_446082180766223_4370899957649787237_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 311464689_1440874043070277_300436794504389212_n.jpg
    311464689_1440874043070277_300436794504389212_n.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 22

RobbieTechie

Mar 18, 2022
Is this one the "lite" version like you posted in the other thread or similar to the original one? Thanks.
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough for you to understand when I said "this is just an update to his work." This was an update to ElJaviLuki's version on Github and as I stated, it's an update for that. This update is for version 8.20.0 (107567).

I don't agree with all the features in his version such as the video calls when you haven't chatted with someone, I view that as a security issue. I also don't agree with the mulitple taps and view them as giving someone the ability to spam another user but he chose to implement those and I left everything as is as it is his choices for his work.

There was no "lite" version in the other thread as you decided to name it. That was for version 8.19 as people were asking for an updated release and ElJaviLuki probably will not do an official update until users are forced to install an update, hence also why I called this a "temporary version for updates". 8.19 did not work for his version at all and for the version I released only partially but it was better thn no update at all as I stated in my post there. Hopefully this made things a bit more clear for you, Please have yourself a great day.

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011
> i dont agree...

i do. if those are "secutity" issues, they wont be solved by you. if there is any antispam policy, it must be implemented server side or else it is a sham.

grindrplus exposes grindr's sham treatment of "security" issues for what they are.

if you are lazy, thats fine. but if you are dropping features on principle, you are misguided and helping grindr get away with an insecure system for all of us: by hiding issues you are causing future insecurity.

RobbieTechie

Mar 18, 2022
You are welcome to agree or disagree with whatever you wish. I do agree with you that Grindr Plus exposes some Grindr security issues.

This has been a cat and mouse game since at least 2016 when tomlandia on github created F*ckr (I didn't choose the name but I censored it to keep it PG) showing how users can be easily mapped, filters could be used client side etc.

I called it a security issue because I feel most users would not want some random person trying to video call them out of nowhere when they've never chatted before, I wouldn't want that either.

Had you bothered to read the whole post you would know that I "left everything as is" and stated it's his project and I changed nothing and only updated code to bring it in line with 8.20.0

If you bothered to look at the pull request code on GitHub you could also easily see that but it seems you were only on GitHub trying to tell people what to do and to close issues that they opened. Even though they are not issues you opened and they were new users who perhaps are not familiar with how to do that.

If I were lazy I would not have updated and tested the code, or made the pull request.

I also would not have compiled a version for people to use since Grindr fixed a few bugs and asked for an update.

ElJaviLuki will likely not make an official release until people are forced to update off his last release as he had stated there that he is busy with other things.

First you said I can't do anything about their security then you end saying I'm helping them be insecure, yet you can't have it both ways. I don't know what has apparently got you worked up but I do hope it gets better for you and I do hope you have an awesome and amazing day! 😁

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011
You are welcome to agree or disagree with whatever you wish. I do agree with you that Grindr Plus exposes some Grindr security issues.

This has been a cat and mouse game since at least 2016 when tomlandia on github created F*ckr (I didn't choose the name but I censored it to keep it PG) showing how users can be easily mapped, filters could be used client side etc.

I called it a security issue because I feel most users would not want some random person trying to video call them out of nowhere when they've never chatted before, I wouldn't want that either.

Had you bothered to read the whole post you would know that I "left everything as is" and stated it's his project and I changed nothing and only updated code to bring it in line with 8.20.0

If you bothered to look at the pull request code on GitHub you could also easily see that but it seems you were only on GitHub trying to tell people what to do and to close issues that they opened. Even though they are not issues you opened and they were new users who perhaps are not familiar with how to do that.

If I were lazy I would not have updated and tested the code, or made the pull request.

I also would not have compiled a version for people to use since Grindr fixed a few bugs and asked for an update.

ElJaviLuki will likely not make an official release until people are forced to update off his last release as he had stated there that he is busy with other things.

First you said I can't do anything about their security then you end saying I'm helping them be insecure, yet you can't have it both ways. I don't know what has apparently got you worked up but I do hope it gets better for you and I do hope you have an awesome and amazing day! 😁
> This has been a cat and mouse game since at least 2016 when tomlandia on github created F*ckr

it started earlier when i hacked grindr 1, only i didn't publish. in grindr 1 the returned profile info *always* included the distance (for sorting purposes i guess), even when distance was hidden. the hidden state was an extra boolean flag. and yeah, i mapped everybody then. in grindr 3 the server finally stopped sending distance for distance-hidden profiles, but i could still pinpoint those with sub-meter accuracy. for those i used successive approximation and took less than 5s per user via the Tor network. at the beginning it took much longer, so there was a nice animation over a world map as it converged but later i dropped that. scruff was much, much worse: they used to send the complete server side profile object to everyone, including latitude, longitude, email, premium status, etc. thankfully they were not processing CC payments themselves, so CC info wasn't there.

> Had you bothered to read the whole post

i did but did not understand your intended message. in any case, im not trying to tell you what to do, i was just disagreeing with you which seemed to trigger you. sorry.

> it seems you were only on GitHub trying to tell people what to do and to close issues

no, i was there before you creating PR that were merged, including updating the app for newer obfuscation just like you did.

kaboomx

Feb 22, 2010

Thank you!

Reactions: RobbieTechie

RobbieTechie

Mar 18, 2022
Here is an update of Grindr Plus for version 8.21.0 - same as posted above, but for version 8.21.0. Nothing in the original work is changed and this is just an update for ElJaviLuki's version to bring it up to date for 8.21.0.

I tested as I built it to make sure things are working. I saw no errors in the logs but if you run into issues please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Again this is not an official build from ElJaviLuki and only an update to help people until he does an official update whenever he does that. If you want the code to examine it there is a pull request on Github and you can examine the code there:

Attachments

• GrindrPlus 8.21.0RobbieTechieUpdate.apk
    1.3 MB · Views: 135

dinosix9

Sep 15, 2022
8.12 was also forced to update recently, so the app is no longer possible to use :rolleyes: if you find a solution eventually (anyone), please do share it... thank you
@xk3v1lx
in case you (or somebody else) are still struggling, i have found a workaround to make the registration/refresh error go away - sometimes it just helps to take a break...
Solution: I have installed the Island app from the Play store and created a separete profile on my rooted phone... I have then copied the Grindr in the Island app to that new profile (installation from Store does not work unless you verify your age first) and also enabled the ElJaviLuki' module in LSPosed in that new "Island" profile which appeared there. After a reboot, i open the Island app, run Grindr and voila... ☺️

@Lanchon - problem was/is almost certainly with the rooted phone, I am using Shamiko and have no issues with Google/banks app, but Grindr just somehow knows 🤨

Here is an update of Grindr Plus for version 8.21.0 - same as posted above, but for version 8.21.0. Nothing in the original work is changed and this is just an update for ElJaviLuki's version to bring it up to date for 8.21.0.

I tested as I built it to make sure things are working. I saw no errors in the logs but if you run into issues please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Again this is not an official build from ElJaviLuki and only an update to help people until he does an official update whenever he does that. If you want the code to examine it there is a pull request on Github and you can examine the code there:

@RobbieTechie - thank you! confirming it works like a charm with 8.21.0 build 108101

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011
@xk3v1lx
in case you (or somebody else) are still struggling, i have found a workaround to make the registration/refresh error go away - sometimes it just helps to take a break...
Solution: I have installed the Island app from the Play store and created a separete profile on my rooted phone... I have then copied the Grindr in the Island app to that new profile (installation from Store does not work unless you verify your age first) and also enabled the ElJaviLuki' module in LSPosed in that new "Island" profile which appeared there. After a reboot, i open the Island app, run Grindr and voila... ☺️

@Lanchon - problem was/is almost certainly with the rooted phone, I am using Shamiko and have no issues with Google/banks app, but Grindr just somehow knows 🤨

@RobbieTechie - thank you! confirming it works like a charm with 8.21.0 build 108101
the business profile effectively creates a new android id for grindr. you can achieve the same thing by manually deleting the apps's android id. but grindr might also store private ids in shared sdcard. it can also fingerprint the phone. android is made for google and app devs, not for users. ... we wont be free until governments start providing mandatory loopholes for stuff like locked bootloaders, safetynet, and goog cloud messaging (or whatever is called this month).

{Mod edit: Inappropriate language in acc. with rule no. 2 removed. Oswald Boelcke}

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you!

Grindr Plus - Extend the limits of Grindr!​

I am pleased to present Grindr Plus, a mod for Grindr that adds new features to the popular dating app!

Precedents

A similar mod already exists (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-xposed-grindrmod-new.3807621/) although it hasn't been maintained for quite a long time.

Within the range of possibilities and options offered by the Xposed API, the main goal is to improve the experience in this dating app as much as possible.
    I'm also implementing some features requested by users in official Grindr feedback (https://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/912631-grindr-feedback). Some requests are very simple to implement and today I do not understand why the official Grindr team has not been in charge of carrying them out, something that makes lots of people very angry. It is time for users to be heard once and for all.!

Little by little we will add more features. You can collaborate on the project and contribute your own ideas through my GitHub repository! https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus

Mod Features​

(Depending on the version of the client and module you're using, some features may not be available or may work buggy.)
    • Allow mocking locations (WARNING: Abusing this feature may result in a permanent ban)
    • Advanced features:
      • Unlimited cascade view.
      • Unlocked 'Explore mode'.
      • Advanced search filters.
      • See 'Read' and 'Typing...' message states.
    • Allow taking screenshots in any part of the app (including albums and expiring photos).
    • Unlimited expiring photos.
    • Remove expiration on incoming expiring photos, allowing to see them any number of times you want.
    • Extra profile fields in the so-called CruiseViewHolder ('Profile ID', and exact time of 'Last seen')
    • Make videocalls even if you didn't start a chat with the recipient.
    • Access to some user-hidden features (developer features)
    • More accurate online status from other users. (Now, the green dot from other profiles goes off after 3 minutes of inactivity.) Inspired in the feedback made at: https://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/912631-grindr-feedback/suggestions/34555780-more-accurate-online-status-go-offline-when-clos
    • Allow unlimited taps (no 24h restriction)
    • "N/A" when Last Seen profile field is not available (= 0)
    • New profile field: Body Mass Index (BMI)
    • Check client version before hooking (as a security measure for avoiding possible crashes and bans*)

*Read the Disclaimer!

Bugs​

• Incognito mode is kinda buggy (it turns off after a little while)

How to install​

1. Install the Xposed Framework and its app (Xposed, EDXposed, etc.)
    2. Download the Grindr Plus module.
    3. Activate the module in the Xposed Installer.
    4. Reboot your device.
    5. Done!

Troubleshooting​

My Grindr app suddenly stops when the module is installed.​

Check if the module supports the app version. Grindr has lots of obfuscated symbols that change in each app update and the module couldn't work (or couldn't work properly)

Contributing​

This project is open to any kind of contribution. Feel free to open an issue or a pull request or submit an issue or suggestion!

Credits​

As an open source project, you're free to inspire yourself from this code. However, please DON'T copy it and release it as your own (kanging). Give the proper credit and reference to the original project (https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus) and its contributors.

Main contributor: https://github.com/ElJaviLuki

Additional credits in the Github repo (since I don't I will be able to edit this post, if new people join to the project)

Disclaimer​

This module is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the official Grindr app. It is provided for free with no warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk! I am not responsible for lost chats, user data, unexpected bans or any other problems incurred from the use of this module. This mod does not collect any personal data nor does it display ads of any kind. No earnings are generated or collected from the use of this software. This project is open source so you can check all these facts by your own!

Download​

https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus/releases <- THAT is the official download repo page for the mod.

Again: Make sure that the module version is compatible with your Grindr client version, otherwise you can expect bugs and/or crashes.

I am NOT responsible for any damage that may be incurred by downloading a modified version of this mod that could have been uploaded any website that is not THAT one (I mean that includes viruses, ads or other strange things).

New release - v1.1 for v8.17.0​

• Bump to v8.17.0
    Note: The app sometimes crashes unexpectedly at some point, not sure if it's a bug from the client or from the hook though.
    https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus/releases/tag/v1.1-8.17.0
    Great again (y)

New release - v1.1.3 for v8.17.1​

• Copy Profile ID to the clipboard when doing long click on its corresponding profile field.

New release - v1.1.1 for v8.17.1​

Bump to v8.17.1