[MOD][XPOSED][NEW] Grindr Plus

Search This thread

captain_howdy

Feb 10, 2018
Kansas City
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
@xk3v1lx
in case you (or somebody else) are still struggling, i have found a workaround to make the registration/refresh error go away - sometimes it just helps to take a break...
Solution: I have installed the Island app from the Play store and created a separete profile on my rooted phone... I have then copied the Grindr in the Island app to that new profile (installation from Store does not work unless you verify your age first) and also enabled the ElJaviLuki' module in LSPosed in that new "Island" profile which appeared there. After a reboot, i open the Island app, run Grindr and voila... ☺️

@Lanchon - problem was/is almost certainly with the rooted phone, I am using Shamiko and have no issues with Google/banks app, but Grindr just somehow knows 🤨

@RobbieTechie - thank you! confirming it works like a charm with 8.21.0 build 108101
I just tried this workaround and it seems to not be working for me. When I log into the Grindr app it just brings me to a black screen that says Terms of Service on the top but nothing to click forward from there.

whiteFragility

Nov 25, 2022
Was just wondering how difficult (or even how feasible) it is to do something similar but for iOS...cracking an IPA to achieve similar features with this?

bleuflux

Nov 30, 2022
Hi, I am using LSPatch (an alternative for non-root LSPosed) and I keep getting the "Something went wrong, please try again" when I try to log in. I've tried the Grindr Plus version 8.20 and 8.21 with the corresponding Grindr version. Not sure how to get it to work or which versions will work.

RobbieTechie

Mar 18, 2022
Here is an update for version 8.22.0-108721

NOTE: This version DOES NOT have the experiments enabled and I also do not have the extra profile fields added in right now. This was somewhat a quick update and I have not finished but for those getting pushed the update for 8.22.0 build 108721 this will work for that version.

Most things here are working such as the mock location, unlimited taps, unlimited expiring photos and all that. I was getting errors for the extra profile fields even when I did get them to show up. Those errors are sent to grindr through the app so i commented out that feature for right now until I have further time to look into it. I did not even get a chance to check the experiments, so I commented those out too. I'm sorry if someone will miss those at the moment but I've been a bit busy with holiday and life as of late.

I did not remove any code that ElJaviLuki put in here, I simply commented out sections I have not been able to look into for the moment.

Again this is not an official build by ElJaviLuki but it is his code and his work simply updated for Grindr 8.22.0-108721, the same as has been done previously. Grindr seems to be running quite well with this version, but results can vary with different devices.

I think we are getting close to Grindr forcing an update for 8.17.1 which was the last official release that ElJaviLuki put out an official release for, so if I am unable to finish the other parts before that happens, perhaps it will be fixed by ElJaviLuki himself, but I am only guessing about that part.

I hope everyone is doing well and safe and healthy.
Best regards
~Robbie Techie

Attachments

• GPlus8.22.0-108721RobbieTechie.apk
    1.3 MB · Views: 65

RobbieTechie

Mar 18, 2022
Hi, I am using LSPatch (an alternative for non-root LSPosed) and I keep getting the "Something went wrong, please try again" when I try to log in. I've tried the Grindr Plus version 8.20 and 8.21 with the corresponding Grindr version. Not sure how to get it to work or which versions will work.
Have you tried disabling the mod then logging just to see what happens without the mod active?

The mod is designed for systems based on Xposed which is designed to work with rooted devices. I am unfamiliar with LSPatch but if it is not based off of Xposed that could be why it is not working for you.

I would try logging in with the mod disabled and if you are able to login without the mod, then re-enable it and try again.

If you were not previously logged in, perhaps something is preventing part of the login process from working properly. Grindr does write to a shared prefs folder /data/data/com.grindrapp.android/shared_prefs so perhaps between LSPatch and the mod, something is not getting processed properly.

Reactions: bleuflux

RobbieTechie

Mar 18, 2022
I'm not sure if anyone is being pushed this version yet, but there is version 8.23.0 build 109418 out there....

This is the same as the last except I did check and enable experiments, which you won't visibly notice at most times. The last version I built and posted here did not have those enabled as I did not have time to double check.

Just as before this is ElJaviLuki's work and code simply updated for the version 8.23.0 build 109418 that I mentioned above. Video calls on empy chats and extra profile fields are not included, everything else should work properly. Again I did not remove that code and simply commented it out so it won't be run in this version of this release.

I did not put in a pull request for this on Github as I don't feel this version was complete. But again, perhaps @ElJaviLuki could deal with that, as I ran across a null exception for param[0] null pointer exception in the previous version. I feel that I'm overlooking something but have not really taken a detailed look into what I'm missing or overlooking

I did update the color codes for the gold and pure white though:

object R {
private const val _R = Constants.GRINDR_PKG

const val color = "$_R.m0"
object color_ {
const val grindr_gold_star_gay = "D"
const val grindr_pure_white = "T"
}
}

Personally I would hold off on this version unless it gets pushed to you, but that is up to each person to decide....

I hope everyone is doing well and safe and healthy...

Attachments

• GrindrPlusFor8.23.0-109418.apk
    1.3 MB · Views: 64

neo_lithic3K

May 12, 2013
San Francisco
Google Pixel 6a
I'm not sure if anyone is being pushed this version yet, but there is version 8.23.0 build 109418 out there....

This is the same as the last except I did check and enable experiments, which you won't visibly notice at most times. The last version I built and posted here did not have those enabled as I did not have time to double check.

Just as before this is ElJaviLuki's work and code simply updated for the version 8.23.0 build 109418 that I mentioned above. Video calls on empy chats and extra profile fields are not included, everything else should work properly. Again I did not remove that code and simply commented it out so it won't be run in this version of this release.

I did not put in a pull request for this on Github as I don't feel this version was complete. But again, perhaps @ElJaviLuki could deal with that, as I ran across a null exception for param[0] null pointer exception in the previous version. I feel that I'm overlooking something but have not really taken a detailed look into what I'm missing or overlooking

object R {

object color_ {
}
}

Personally I would hold off on this version unless it gets pushed to you, but that is up to each person to decide....

Thanks RobbieTechie for your continued support of this mod. I appreciate it!

Reactions: RobbieTechie

xXLeYpLaYXx

Dec 10, 2022
Hey i have been meaning to ask about the possible device ban that may come using this mod, how likely am i to get banned?, or if i were to get banned can i get another account on the same phone?

no_nam

Dec 12, 2022
Hey i have been meaning to ask about the possible device ban that may come using this mod, how likely am i to get banned?, or if i were to get banned can i get another account on the same phone?
I suppose your phone number or email used for verification will get banned, rather than the phone itself

no_nam

Dec 12, 2022
I would like to report, that "Viewed Me" section is still locked, only the first profile works

RobbieTechie

Mar 18, 2022
I would like to report, that "Viewed Me" section is still locked, only the first profile works
I don't think it is meant to show you all the viewers, that is more or less controlled on the server. I think it was meant to browse profiles without you showing in their viewed me list but still being able to view which ever version of the viewed me list is normally there. If you are free you get the one viewer, if you are subbed for it they all show up.

For some reason, when I disable the show me toggle with the mod active it still says that I have viewed me disabled.

no_nam

Dec 12, 2022
I don't think it is meant to show you all the viewers, that is more or less controlled on the server. I think it was meant to browse profiles without you showing in their viewed me list but still being able to view which ever version of the viewed me list is normally there. If you are free you get the one viewer, if you are subbed for it they all show up.

For some reason, when I disable the show me toggle with the mod active it still says that I have viewed me disabled.
I think the server does send all profiles to the client, as they are shown with pictures, but they are blurred and can not be opened.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is an update to Grindr Plus for version 9.0.0 build 110296. In this version I have not enabled Experiments, preventRecordProfileViews, makeMessagesAlwaysRemovable and notifyBlockStatusViaToast.

The code is still there, but commented out as I was partly being lazy, and partly need to investigate code changes more, as far as the makeMessagesAlwaysRemovable, you should still be able to remove messages and I think this is more or less a backup option, but I did not ask ElJaviLuki (The original author) if that is the case.

I did add the extra profile details back as ElJaviLuki fixed any errors that were preventing me from adding that back in for updates.

Again, this is his work and nothing is changed, I simply updated sections of code to work for 9.0.0 and only commented out sections which I did not manage to update that would throw errors or cause issues.

ElJaviLuki did many updates with his last release and error fixes. Please at least say thank you to him for this as it makes Grindr usable again again.
    Thanks for the reply!! Mine is Samsung Note 9 Exynos Version.

Yes, Not into too technical till now. Haven't tried rooting and all these stuff. If not rooted is there any other way to use this Grindr Plus app?

Why dont modders work on Grindr Mod ? It is also popular app na? Just because its related to dating & LGBT community they are ignoring this? Tried many forums but no Mod app available for Grindr which is working. Is it hard to mod this app?

Unfortunately, as far as i know, you need to be rooted and have xposed/lsposed installed for this mod to work. Xposed/lsposed is what allows us to exceed the capabilities and limits of many apps.

I don't know enough about grindr's internal code to say if it's hard to mod or not. I don't think that developers are necessarily against grindr because it's a gay app. I think that it's because grindr is a small "niche" app compared to other much more popular apps. I know that millions of people use grindr, but compare that to, eg tinder, where all sexual preferences can use. In addition, most developers probably don't want to spend their free time modding grindr because grindr frequently releases useless updates (at least that's my understanding).
    i tried but still error connection
    Then, waiting for the next update 😶

I just installed 9.0 mod; Grindr v9.0 and the mod works without any problems, so i think your connection problem is probably a different issue.
    How can I view the toast notif after it went away? The block toast notif went away after I have enough time to read it. Was it stored somewhere where I can view it?
    If you are asking if you can go look at it after it disappears off the screen, there is no where that I'm aware of that it is stored right now. It just shows up and then it's gone. You would have to ask the original coder more about that (ElJaviLuki) but last I've known it just shows up for a few seconds and then is gone.
    I'm sorry this is not working for you right now. I don't know if an update will help, but it might. The connection is not modified at all when using the module.

The only other thing I could suggest right now is if you have another internetr connection, maybe at a friend or family members that you can use to test if it works there, try that connection and see if anything changes/works then. 9.0.1 is out but doesn't need an update from what I've seen so far but I haven't had the time to fully look at it.
    Thankyou very much for your support
    I found the only reason why it met the errors
    Maybe it's usful warning for anyone in the future:
    THIS IS MODULES OF GMS (LIKE KILL GMS FONT OR GMS DOZE)
    When i delete these modules and wipe data (include apdate) of CHPlay and Play store Service the WORK like a charm 😗
    Anyway, thanks all of you for supporting me ❤️

Grindr Plus - Extend the limits of Grindr!​

I am pleased to present Grindr Plus, a mod for Grindr that adds new features to the popular dating app!

Precedents

A similar mod already exists (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-xposed-grindrmod-new.3807621/) although it hasn't been maintained for quite a long time.

Within the range of possibilities and options offered by the Xposed API, the main goal is to improve the experience in this dating app as much as possible.
    I'm also implementing some features requested by users in official Grindr feedback (https://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/912631-grindr-feedback). Some requests are very simple to implement and today I do not understand why the official Grindr team has not been in charge of carrying them out, something that makes lots of people very angry. It is time for users to be heard once and for all.!

Little by little we will add more features. You can collaborate on the project and contribute your own ideas through my GitHub repository! https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus

Mod Features​

(Depending on the version of the client and module you're using, some features may not be available or may work buggy.)
    • Allow mocking locations (WARNING: Abusing this feature may result in a permanent ban)
    • Advanced features:
      • Unlimited cascade view.
      • Unlocked 'Explore mode'.
      • Advanced search filters.
      • See 'Read' and 'Typing...' message states.
    • Allow taking screenshots in any part of the app (including albums and expiring photos).
    • Unlimited expiring photos.
    • Remove expiration on incoming expiring photos, allowing to see them any number of times you want.
    • Extra profile fields in the so-called CruiseViewHolder ('Profile ID', and exact time of 'Last seen')
    • Make videocalls even if you didn't start a chat with the recipient.
    • Access to some user-hidden features (developer features)
    • More accurate online status from other users. (Now, the green dot from other profiles goes off after 3 minutes of inactivity.) Inspired in the feedback made at: https://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/912631-grindr-feedback/suggestions/34555780-more-accurate-online-status-go-offline-when-clos
    • Allow unlimited taps (no 24h restriction)
    • "N/A" when Last Seen profile field is not available (= 0)
    • New profile field: Body Mass Index (BMI)
    • Check client version before hooking (as a security measure for avoiding possible crashes and bans*)
    • Ability to see who viewed your profile even if you have "Show Me In Viewed Me List" disabled.
    • Ability to remove messages from anyone, any time.
    *Read the Disclaimer!

Bugs​

• Incognito mode is kinda buggy (it turns off after a little while)

How to install​

1. Install the Xposed Framework and its app (Xposed, EDXposed, etc.)
    2. Download the Grindr Plus module.
    3. Activate the module in the Xposed Installer.
    4. Reboot your device.
    5. Done!

Troubleshooting​

My Grindr app suddenly stops when the module is installed.​

Check if the module supports the app version. Grindr has lots of obfuscated symbols that change in each app update and the module couldn't work (or couldn't work properly)

Contributing​

This project is open to any kind of contribution. Feel free to open an issue or a pull request or submit an issue or suggestion!

Credits​

As an open source project, you're free to inspire yourself from this code. However, please DON'T copy it and release it as your own (kanging). Give the proper credit and reference to the original project (https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus) and its contributors.

Main contributor: https://github.com/ElJaviLuki

Additional credits in the Github repo (since I don't I will be able to edit this post, if new people join to the project)

Disclaimer​

This module is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the official Grindr app. It is provided for free with no warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk! I am not responsible for lost chats, user data, unexpected bans or any other problems incurred from the use of this module. This mod does not collect any personal data nor does it display ads of any kind. No earnings are generated or collected from the use of this software. This project is open source so you can check all these facts by your own!

Download​

https://github.com/ElJaviLuki/GrindrPlus/releases <- THAT is the official download repo page for the mod.

Again: Make sure that the module version is compatible with your Grindr client version, otherwise you can expect bugs and/or crashes.

I am NOT responsible for any damage that may be incurred by downloading a modified version of this mod that could have been uploaded any website that is not THAT one (I mean that includes viruses, ads or other strange things).

New release - v1.1.4 for v8.22.1​

• Ability to see who viewed your profile even if you have "Show Me In Viewed Me List" disabled.

New release - v1.1.5 for v8.23.0​

• Bump to 8.23.0
    • Ability to remove messages from anyone, any time.
    Here is an update for version 8.22.0-108721

NOTE: This version DOES NOT have the experiments enabled and I also do not have the extra profile fields added in right now. This was somewhat a quick update and I have not finished but for those getting pushed the update for 8.22.0 build 108721 this will work for that version.

Most things here are working such as the mock location, unlimited taps, unlimited expiring photos and all that. I was getting errors for the extra profile fields even when I did get them to show up. Those errors are sent to grindr through the app so i commented out that feature for right now until I have further time to look into it. I did not even get a chance to check the experiments, so I commented those out too. I'm sorry if someone will miss those at the moment but I've been a bit busy with holiday and life as of late.

I did not remove any code that ElJaviLuki put in here, I simply commented out sections I have not been able to look into for the moment.

Again this is not an official build by ElJaviLuki but it is his code and his work simply updated for Grindr 8.22.0-108721, the same as has been done previously. Grindr seems to be running quite well with this version, but results can vary with different devices.

I think we are getting close to Grindr forcing an update for 8.17.1 which was the last official release that ElJaviLuki put out an official release for, so if I am unable to finish the other parts before that happens, perhaps it will be fixed by ElJaviLuki himself, but I am only guessing about that part.

I hope everyone is doing well and safe and healthy.
    Best regards
    ~Robbie Techie

object R {

object color_ {
    }
    }