• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][XPOSED] NFC Icon Remover [HTC One/One X]

Search This thread

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
NFC Icon Remover

**You can now get NFC Icon Remover on the Xposed Framework's Download tab. In this way, if I update it, you will get update notice via Xposed framework. However, I will still post the most updated file here once available! **

I just wrote this little App for my own use to remove the ugly (IMHO) NFC icon. With the power of XPosed framework, there are no need to modify the NFC.apk and the Icon is complete GONE.

For those you may not know, the NFC icon appears on HTC One and One X (after Android 2.2 update). This take out the precious space of status bar while looking really ugly.

Please be noted to use this mod, you need XPosed framework by rovo89. You could get the Framework at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

This App has no icon of it's own. Just side load attached NFCIconRemover.apk and enable it in the Xposed Installer then reboot. You will notice the NFC icon will be gone after reboot.

Since this is my first Android app (Actually my last time writing any SW is 20 years ago! Haha!) so feel free to risk your phone by installing this. :) I am NOT responsible if it anything went wrong after install this mod.

I had only test this on my HTC One X (international version) with MaximusHD 21.1.0 (a very good custom ROM). Please feel free to feedback on this thread and I will try to resolve as much as I could.

If you find this useful, it would be appreciated to push the "Thank" button!

Great thanks go to rovo89 for this fabulous framework!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-03-16-47-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-03-16-47-07.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,514
  • Screenshot_2013-10-03-16-50-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-03-16-50-44.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 3,301
  • NFCIconRemover.apk
    250.8 KB · Views: 12,050
Last edited:

BigBlue007

Nov 16, 2003
When I try to install from within xposed framework, I get the following error message:

Package name is incorrect (downloaded: com.lssong.nfciconremover, expected: NFCIconRemover)

Any idea?

edit: Just noticed that manual installation of the .apk works. So more or less a non-issue, but maybe worth solving anyway.

Last edited:

BigBlue007

Nov 16, 2003
As said above, manual installation of the .apk worked fine. The module is now listed in xposed framework, and I could enable it. Unfortunately it's not removing the NFC icon on my device (LG G2).

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
As said above, manual installation of the .apk worked fine. The module is now listed in xposed framework, and I could enable it. Unfortunately it's not removing the NFC icon on my device (LG G2).

Thanks for trying out! I just fixed the download installation issue in the Xposed framework. It should work now... *My Bad*...

As for LG G2 not working... Since I don't have a LG, could you please help by checking if the LG G2's NFC service package name is com.android.nfc? If not, what is the name?

Thanks!

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
Do you know if this is supposed to work with the 4.3 update? I've installed the Xposed Framework and enabled the module and rebooted, but I still have the annoying icon.

Since my One X doesn't have 4.3 yet, so I cannot test myself. However, as long as Xposed framework works and the NFC process is named "com.android.nfc" then it *should* work.

Feel free to install it and post your result here! It won't hurt anything and if it doesn't work, just remove it.

If it doesn't work, could you please let me know your NFC's process name so I could add it.

Thanks!

Oct 31, 2013
Sony Xperia Z

Process name is

com.sonymobile.nfc

Or at least it is on my rooted stock T-Mobile version. Model #C6606. Running 4.1.2 (I know, ridiculous).

Thanks for the mod. I hate that icon!

Last edited:

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
Ok, I will add both when I can get back to my PC with the source code next week!

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005

Sorry, LgNFC.apk is the name of the apk file... Can you try to get the "process name" which looks like com.android.nfc? (I guess LG's might look like com.lge.nfcaddon ...)

If you don't know how to get a process name, try to get Android Tuner free. In that app you can see all the process name!

From the information on XDA, it seems LG had their own implementation of NFC and lot of things are changed under-hook. I had look up into the BaskSamli people provide and pull the com.lge.nfcaddon. Not sure if it's correct and even if it's correct, will it work or not.

Anyway, you can try the attached apk and check yourself! If it works, I will post it on the XPosed framework's download page

Cheers!

Attachments

• NFCIconRemover.apk
    250.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: Palthron

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
Process name is

com.sonymobile.nfc

Or at least it is on my rooted stock T-Mobile version. Model #C6606. Running 4.1.2 (I know, ridiculous).

I have added to hook also Sony's nfc but but sure if it will work or not. Could you please side load this apk and test for me? If it works, I will post it on the XPosed Framework's download page!

Thanks!

Attachments

• NFCIconRemover.apk
    250.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: Soheil_rf
Jun 5, 2010
Sorry, LgNFC.apk is the name of the apk file... Can you try to get the "process name" which looks like com.android.nfc? (I guess LG's might look like com.lge.nfcaddon ...)

If you don't know how to get a process name, try to get Android Tuner free. In that app you can see all the process name!

From the information on XDA, it seems LG had their own implementation of NFC and lot of things are changed under-hook. I had look up into the BaskSamli people provide and pull the com.lge.nfcaddon. Not sure if it's correct and even if it's correct, will it work or not.

Anyway, you can try the attached apk and check yourself! If it works, I will post it on the XPosed framework's download page

Cheers!

lssong99 thank you, I tired this but unfortunately it didn't work on LG G2 801. There was a zip somewhere to flash in recovery, but I'd love to have an xposed module that took care of it.
I appreciate your hard work!

Elmeraculous

Jun 13, 2009
Amsterdam
twitter.com
lssong99 thank you, I tired this but unfortunately it didn't work on LG G2 801. There was a zip somewhere to flash in recovery, but I'd love to have an xposed module that took care of it.
I appreciate your hard work!
Hi, apk did not work for me either. Would love to have the icon removed. Can I help in fixing it for G2? Please let me know how. Appreciate the hard work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFC Icon Remover

**You can now get NFC Icon Remover on the Xposed Framework's Download tab. In this way, if I update it, you will get update notice via Xposed framework. However, I will still post the most updated file here once available! **

I just wrote this little App for my own use to remove the ugly (IMHO) NFC icon. With the power of XPosed framework, there are no need to modify the NFC.apk and the Icon is complete GONE.

For those you may not know, the NFC icon appears on HTC One and One X (after Android 2.2 update). This take out the precious space of status bar while looking really ugly.

Please be noted to use this mod, you need XPosed framework by rovo89. You could get the Framework at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

This App has no icon of it's own. Just side load attached NFCIconRemover.apk and enable it in the Xposed Installer then reboot. You will notice the NFC icon will be gone after reboot.

Since this is my first Android app (Actually my last time writing any SW is 20 years ago! Haha!) so feel free to risk your phone by installing this. :) I am NOT responsible if it anything went wrong after install this mod.

I had only test this on my HTC One X (international version) with MaximusHD 21.1.0 (a very good custom ROM). Please feel free to feedback on this thread and I will try to resolve as much as I could.

If you find this useful, it would be appreciated to push the "Thank" button!

Great thanks go to rovo89 for this fabulous framework!!!
    doesn't work on lg g3 d855

+1. Can someone please create an app like this for the G3?
    Hi. How can i have the nfc back again? Thanks :)

If you want the NFC icon back, just disable this module in XPosed frameworks and reboot. The NFC icon will be back. (uninstalling the module then reboot will do the same trick)

Cheers!
    Process name is

com.sonymobile.nfc

I have added to hook also Sony's nfc but but sure if it will work or not. Could you please side load this apk and test for me? If it works, I will post it on the XPosed Framework's download page!

Thanks!