[Mod][Xposed] NoWakelock - Manage wakelock/alarm/service

Search This thread

LJY-JH

Nov 14, 2017
jasper1024.com

About​

With the update of Android version, doze mode is enough to suppress the power consumption of the background of the application, but some advanced users still hope to be able to control the wakelock alarm or service by themselves.
Amplify is good enough to meet the needs of most people, but after Android N, Amplify stops updating. NoWakeLock expects to achieve the same function as Amplify does on Android N and later.
The recent 2.x release fix many of the previous bugs, so here we are.

Features

• Full control of Wakelock/Alarm/Service, no feature limitations.
  • Application level support
    • Control Wakelock/Alarm/Service by application
    • Application-level Wakelock/Alarm regular expression interception support.
    • Limited multi-user support
  • Support for Android N+.
  • Fully open source, no private data collected and stored.

Compatibility

Android 7 ~ Android 12.
Tested with the EdXposed / LSPosed.

Planned​

The stable version is planned to be released by the end of this year, if you have any feature suggestions welcome to discuss in the comments section / GitHub issue.

Download: Play | Github-releases

Source Code: Github

License: GNU GPLv3 (License).​

Version Information

Current Version: 2.0.0-beta2-1
Release Date: 2022-08-19

Created 2020-4-27
Last Updated 2022-08-19

Chat group​

Discord: @NoWakelock

Donate

If my work is helpful to you, just star on GitHub is enough.

Thanks​

Last edited:

LJY-JH

Nov 14, 2017
jasper1024.com

FAQ​

What is Wakelock/Alarm/Service and how can I set it to maximize the effect?​

Official Documents
Another XDA GUIDE -> [GUIDE] The Total Newb's Guide to Wakelocks
Amplify offer some Wakelock/Alarm/Service information -> Amplify
WakeBlock also offer some information -> wakelocks

Wrong operation causes the device to fail to boot​

There are two cases
  • The reason is the bug of Nowakelock, you need to uninstall Xposed framework and enter the system to clear Nowakelock data.
    • Go to RE -> File Management -> /data/adb/modules and select Xposed module and delete the folder.
  • If you have restricted the important system wake-up lock by mistake, you don't need to uninstall Xposed framework at this time.
    • Go to RE -> File Management -> /data/misc/xxx-xxx-xxx/prefs/com.js.nowakelock folder and delete it
      • xxx-xxx-xxx is a long random string, which may be different for each machine.
    • If you are not sure, you can only clear the Nowakelock data after entering the system to restore the error.

Whether private data is collected​

All data is local and not uploaded anywhere, except for a possible future cloud disabling solution load.
NoWakelock does not collect or store any private data.

Need new features or find bugs​

Please submit them at here and I will do my best to complete them.

I would like to help update the translation​

Feel free to submit a PR.

maxs8007

Sep 18, 2012
pune
Realme GT Neo 2
In fact, for most cases, just root is enough to handle the cases where you had to use xposed + amplify in the past.
For now, NoWakelock exists only for some users who want to manage wakelock/alarm finely.
Hi, I can confirm that the latest beta is working as intended on A12. Could you make an option to differentiate between safe and unsafe wakelocks to block like amplify to avoid blocking any system wakelock and avoid bootloop, etc.

LJY-JH

Nov 14, 2017
jasper1024.com
Hi, I can confirm that the latest beta is working as intended on A12. Could you make an option to differentiate between safe and unsafe wakelocks to block like amplify to avoid blocking any system wakelock and avoid bootloop, etc.
Yes, I'm trying to do that.
My idea is that the wakelock description should be a loadable external file rather than written into the source like amplify, but there are problems with multi-language support, which I'm still working out.

Reactions: jordirpz

xn0live

Dec 22, 2012
In fact, for most cases, just root is enough to handle the cases where you had to use xposed + amplify in the past.
For now, NoWakelock exists only for some users who want to manage wakelock/alarm finely.
what is the newest version for android 12 with root

LJY-JH

Nov 14, 2017
jasper1024.com
what is the newest version for android 12 with root
I am not a native English speaker, so perhaps I am misrepresenting.
What I mean is that before android Q we had to use xposed+amplify in order to control the power consumption of our devices. But after android Q we may only need to use root + NapTime to achieve the same effect.

xn0live

Dec 22, 2012
I am not a native English speaker, so perhaps I am misrepresenting.
What I mean is that before android Q we had to use xposed+amplify in order to control the power consumption of our devices. But after android Q we may only need to use root + NapTime to achieve the same effect.
naptime not needed xpsoed or? and which version work on a12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My idea is that the wakelock description should be a loadable external file rather than written into the source like amplify, but there are problems with multi-language support, which I'm still working out.

About​

With the update of Android version, doze mode is enough to suppress the power consumption of the background of the application, but some advanced users still hope to be able to control the wakelock alarm or service by themselves.
    Amplify is good enough to meet the needs of most people, but after Android N, Amplify stops updating. NoWakeLock expects to achieve the same function as Amplify does on Android N and later.
    The recent 2.x release fix many of the previous bugs, so here we are.

Features

• Full control of Wakelock/Alarm/Service, no feature limitations.
    • Application level support
      • Control Wakelock/Alarm/Service by application
      • Application-level Wakelock/Alarm regular expression interception support.
      • Limited multi-user support
    • Support for Android N+.
    • Fully open source, no private data collected and stored.

Compatibility

Android 7 ~ Android 12.
    Tested with the EdXposed / LSPosed.

Planned​

The stable version is planned to be released by the end of this year, if you have any feature suggestions welcome to discuss in the comments section / GitHub issue.

Download: Play | Github-releases

Source Code: Github

License: GNU GPLv3 (License).​

Version Information

Current Version: 2.0.0-beta2-1
    Release Date: 2022-08-19

Created 2020-4-27
    Last Updated 2022-08-19

Chat group​

Discord: @NoWakelock

Donate

If my work is helpful to you, just star on GitHub is enough.

Thanks​

FAQ​

What is Wakelock/Alarm/Service and how can I set it to maximize the effect?​

Official Documents
    Another XDA GUIDE -> [GUIDE] The Total Newb's Guide to Wakelocks
    Amplify offer some Wakelock/Alarm/Service information -> Amplify
    WakeBlock also offer some information -> wakelocks

Wrong operation causes the device to fail to boot​

There are two cases
    • The reason is the bug of Nowakelock, you need to uninstall Xposed framework and enter the system to clear Nowakelock data.
      • Go to RE -> File Management -> /data/adb/modules and select Xposed module and delete the folder.
    • If you have restricted the important system wake-up lock by mistake, you don't need to uninstall Xposed framework at this time.
      • Go to RE -> File Management -> /data/misc/xxx-xxx-xxx/prefs/com.js.nowakelock folder and delete it
        • xxx-xxx-xxx is a long random string, which may be different for each machine.
      • If you are not sure, you can only clear the Nowakelock data after entering the system to restore the error.

Whether private data is collected​

All data is local and not uploaded anywhere, except for a possible future cloud disabling solution load.
    NoWakelock does not collect or store any private data.

Need new features or find bugs​

Please submit them at here and I will do my best to complete them.

I would like to help update the translation​

Feel free to submit a PR.
    Changelog

v2.0.0-beta2-1

- Urgently fix a data logging bug, please make sure to update beta2-1 version