[MOD][XPOSED] Proximity Fix [1.0][HTC 4.2.2]

Search This thread

exidler

Oct 12, 2007
Xposed mod: Proximity Fix for JB 4.2.2

Problem: periodically prox. sensor not working on the calls (in/out) - screen stay on, and works only if the phone moved from the head and back to again.
This small mod fixes problems with proximity sensor instability during calls for 4.2.2 base roms.

• Made special for 2.17.401.1 stock-based ROMs (android 4.2.2)
  • You MUST accept that you use any modification at your own risk

If you want to try it, follow these steps:
  1. If not done yet or included in your custom ROM, install the Xposed framework as described in this thread (requires root)
  2. Install the attached APK and activate the module in the Xposed installer (this is also described in the framework thread)
  3. Reboot

Report please if this mod work for you.

Thanks to @rovo89 for it's Xposed framework.

Attachments

• scr.jpg
    scr.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 8,175
  • HtcM7ProximFix-v1.0.apk
    27 KB · Views: 6,125
Last edited:

Peterboi

Apr 29, 2013
What's the problem with the proximity sensor on 4.2.2? I've been on 4.2.2 and haven't noticed anything wrong with it.

I have an issue where when someone calls or when im calling someone the sensor won't work the first time i put it near my ears, easily fixed by taking the phone away then putting it back.

dazbutler1

Jun 14, 2010
boosbeck
thanks,

works perfect on trickdroid 7.5.0. have to say that the proximity sensor issue was annoying me to the point where i was gonna go back to 4.1.2. but you fixed it so thats excellent

:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xposed mod: Proximity Fix for JB 4.2.2

Problem: periodically prox. sensor not working on the calls (in/out) - screen stay on, and works only if the phone moved from the head and back to again.
    This small mod fixes problems with proximity sensor instability during calls for 4.2.2 base roms.

• Made special for 2.17.401.1 stock-based ROMs (android 4.2.2)
    • You MUST accept that you use any modification at your own risk

If you want to try it, follow these steps:
    1. If not done yet or included in your custom ROM, install the Xposed framework as described in this thread (requires root)
    2. Install the attached APK and activate the module in the Xposed installer (this is also described in the framework thread)
    3. Reboot

Report please if this mod work for you.

Thanks to @rovo89 for it's Xposed framework.
    So just to be clear, if you apply this in Xposed and there's a later update to the ROM which fixes it (for example, the firmware.zip we're expecting from Mike for ARHD) then we can 'uninstall' this patch and it reverts as though it were never installed?

Precisely. You just uncheck the module's checkbox and that's it.
    Can you post the exi Sense 5 Mods apk?
    Yes, i will publish it in a few days. Link will post here too.
    I'm on Viper 1.1.1 and having the same issues.. I tried this mod, flashed the latest (custom) firmware, tried different kernals.. none have been a solution. So in the meantime I hit the power button after making/answering a call to ensure the screen is off.
    Have you tried TeamSeven's new 4.2.2? It states in the features "No accidental touch events when in-call on ear-piece screen off by proximity (on stock 4.2.2 kernel this happens, you can touch the buttons accidentally with your ear while screen is off)"

When I tired that kernel I did not have the issue. I am on TD 8 and ElementalX 2.1 without the mod and it almost never happens now. Too me it does seem much better after I updated to the latest radios and then flashed the kernel.

I wonder what the xposed mod is doing compared to how they addressed the problem with custom kernels. Definitely some weird intermittent stuff going on with this proximity on call stuff.
    Pressing the power to end a call is also in accessibility options.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone