[MOD][XPOSED] SwypeTweaks v1.5.1 [10 September, 15] [Not Actively Developed]

Search This thread

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
Update Feb 19, 2017: Hey guys. I know it's been forever since I posted. I keep thinking I'll eventually get back to working on this, but it just hasn't happened. The problem is time and patience. Digging through disassembled code is tedious and very time consuming, so I haven't been able to devote the time or drum up the motivation to work more on it.

So it's official: I'm not planning any active development on this for the foreseeable future. If I ever decide to work on it more, I'll post an update here. Also, if anybody wants to contribute, I'll happily accept Pull Requests on GitHub, push releases, etc.

Introduction:

Swype is an amazing IME, and it has been my favorite for a long time. However, it has some faults. The biggest annoyance is voice dictation: Dragon is forced on you and there is no good way to use Google's superior voice recognition.

This module opens the Google voice typing input when you hit the voice button. It should act just like any other keyboard that has a voice button.

Additionally, there are options to change some colors and other tweaks.

This should work with all recent versions of Swype, including OEM, Google Play paid, Google Play trial, etc. If you have any problems, please let me know.

Download:

SwypeTweaks at repo.xposed.info

This app requires Xposed.

You also need Google Voice Search installed.

Issues:

None that I know of, currently.

What's Next:

I can only really work on this during weekends, so updates won't be extremely fast, but I'll do my best.

Here are the next features I'm attempting, in order:
  1. Get rid of all orange (In progress.)
  2. Much more flexible key remapping

Features I am considering and investigating:
  • Customize gestures
  • Pop up a toast message/notification when a gesture is used.
  • Layout changes. This is likely to be too difficult.

Special thanks:

rovo89 for the Xposed Framework and also for helping me in the framework thread.
alaskajoel for the great idea and for testing
arpruss for the emoji disabling feature
netkeion and francwalter for helping with the IME switching

Changelog:

• Removed some code that caused a disappearing microphone button for a user

• Lowered minimum time threshold for long pressing keys
  • Changed "Long press enter" to "long press speech key", since doing a long press on the enter key doesn't work anymore (thanks netkeion and francwalter)
  • Removed emoji disabler, since there is now a setting built into Swype.

• An option has been added to disable emoji in the word suggestion bar. This excellent feature was written by arpruss and is included in SwypeTweaks with arpruss's permission

• More color customization
  • Color pickers for changing color
  • Show microphone key instead of Dragon Flame when the replacement is enabled
  • Better performance for trace color change

• You can now change the trace color
  • Long pressing enter can change between keyboards
  • Better error handling

• This should now work with all recent versions of Swype (OEM, both Play Store versions, etc.) I changed the mechanism of how it launches Google Voice Recognition, so please let me know if this causes any problems. It should act exactly the same.
  • Added an option to launch the iWnn emoji keyboard when long pressing the Enter key (assuming iWnn is installed.)
  • Added settings activity to enable/disable features (more are planned.)

1.0.1 - Very minor update to allow this to work with the trial version of Swype.
Also added better logging for support.

1.0 - Initial release

Source:

https://github.com/Danation/SwypeTweaks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-12-21-53-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-21-53-48.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 15,996
  • Screenshot_2014-02-12-21-53-56.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-21-53-56.png
    76 KB · Views: 14,542
Last edited:

evo_like

Nov 19, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I have been waiting for a mod like this for ages. I love the Swype keyboard but hate the Dragon speech it comes with. This....I give you a thousand thanks for this mod. Its working perfectly.

My device is a Note 2, I am on Conch Republic Edition ROM and I am using the Google Play version of Swype..I actually deleted the built in Swype using root explorer so havent even tested on that version.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Danation

webleeper

Apr 4, 2007
Long Island, NY

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
Great job. This has been annoyance of Swype.

Testing it out now.

Edit: Works fine here. GS3, running TW 4.3 and Google Play swype.

Great app. Thank you.

Last edited:

brunodu91

Apr 15, 2011
48.767034, 1.969104
Yes

Envoyé de mon S4, via tapatalk 4 Vip .
Slimkat 4.4.2 rc3 2.8, Kernel stock , buzz launcher .

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

It's run very well With paid Swype Google play Store! :)

Envoyé de mon S4, via tapatalk 4 Vip .
Slimkat 4.4.2 rc3 2.8, Kernel stock , buzz launcher .

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
Paid version It's ok With your tweaks

It looks like it's an easy fix. I just need to add the package name for the trial version. I'm going to see if I can figure out the OEM Swype issue as well (not as simple of a fix, I think,) and I'll try to release them together.

If you could make it where long pressing enter pops up the emoji keyboard (iwnnIME) I will worship you .

That's a good idea. I will research it and let you know what I find.

Where the Hell is the donate link! Your are my hero

I really appreciate the compliment :) I thought about it, but if I'm honest with myself, I don't think I deserve donations at this point. Look at the source code, it's only a few lines long.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update Feb 19, 2017: Hey guys. I know it's been forever since I posted. I keep thinking I'll eventually get back to working on this, but it just hasn't happened. The problem is time and patience. Digging through disassembled code is tedious and very time consuming, so I haven't been able to devote the time or drum up the motivation to work more on it.

So it's official: I'm not planning any active development on this for the foreseeable future. If I ever decide to work on it more, I'll post an update here. Also, if anybody wants to contribute, I'll happily accept Pull Requests on GitHub, push releases, etc.

Introduction:

Swype is an amazing IME, and it has been my favorite for a long time. However, it has some faults. The biggest annoyance is voice dictation: Dragon is forced on you and there is no good way to use Google's superior voice recognition.

This module opens the Google voice typing input when you hit the voice button. It should act just like any other keyboard that has a voice button.

Additionally, there are options to change some colors and other tweaks.

This should work with all recent versions of Swype, including OEM, Google Play paid, Google Play trial, etc. If you have any problems, please let me know.

Download:

SwypeTweaks at repo.xposed.info

This app requires Xposed.

You also need Google Voice Search installed.

Issues:

None that I know of, currently.

What's Next:

I can only really work on this during weekends, so updates won't be extremely fast, but I'll do my best.

Here are the next features I'm attempting, in order:
    1. Get rid of all orange (In progress.)
    2. Much more flexible key remapping

Features I am considering and investigating:
    • Customize gestures
    • Pop up a toast message/notification when a gesture is used.
    • Layout changes. This is likely to be too difficult.

Special thanks:

rovo89 for the Xposed Framework and also for helping me in the framework thread.
    alaskajoel for the great idea and for testing
    arpruss for the emoji disabling feature
    netkeion and francwalter for helping with the IME switching

Changelog:

• Removed some code that caused a disappearing microphone button for a user

• Lowered minimum time threshold for long pressing keys
    • Changed "Long press enter" to "long press speech key", since doing a long press on the enter key doesn't work anymore (thanks netkeion and francwalter)
    • Removed emoji disabler, since there is now a setting built into Swype.

• An option has been added to disable emoji in the word suggestion bar. This excellent feature was written by arpruss and is included in SwypeTweaks with arpruss's permission

• Better error handling

• This should now work with all recent versions of Swype (OEM, both Play Store versions, etc.) I changed the mechanism of how it launches Google Voice Recognition, so please let me know if this causes any problems. It should act exactly the same.
    • Added an option to launch the iWnn emoji keyboard when long pressing the Enter key (assuming iWnn is installed.)
    • Added settings activity to enable/disable features (more are planned.)

1.0.1 - Very minor update to allow this to work with the trial version of Swype.
    Also added better logging for support.

1.0 - Initial release

Source:

https://github.com/Danation/SwypeTweaks
    @Danation: are you still on board and busy or did you abandon this great project?
    Long time not a word from you here :(

I'm hoping he didn't Tbh..[emoji85]

I PM'ed him a few days ago but he didn't reply.
    I too hope that he doesn't abandon this module because this is my favourite module.

his last activity shows sometime back in september. I am inclined to say his involvement is done with. Bummer, really - this was the most useful mod for me.

I apologize for this. Life got too crazy for a while for me to work on hobbies. Thankfully it's starting to calm down a bit.

I'm also pretty disheartened at the gloomy outlook of Xposed on Lollipop. It sounds like the main developer is pretty burned out.

Having said that, my current plan IS to keep working on this when I can. I can't promise a timeline, but I promise I will not just completely disappear. If there's a time when I decide I'm done, I will let you know.

I also encourage contributions. My source code (as un-pretty as it is) is on Github.
    New version:

Note: If you already had a custom trace color, it will be lost and you'll need to set it again.
    Sorry I haven't posted for a bit.

So far, my trace color change attempts haven't been successful, but I'll keep trying.

For people having issues with the emoji keyboards, I think I'll solve this by making the settings more general. I'll see if I can have an option for selecting which IME to launch when long pressing enter.
    I guess this went to your spam folder.
    Any news?

As a matter of fact, there is! I just released a new version:

• Better error handling

Let me know how it goes :)