• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][XPOSED] Unsafe Volume - disable safe media volume popup/check

Search This thread

Deivi_Z

Dec 6, 2011
Klaipeda
Thank you good sir for your module. Been running PA on my Nexus 7 and this notification was killing me for at least a year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
Hi! I'm new here with this xposed framework.
I'm interested in your mod.
Does it work on TouchWiz roms??
I'm with DeltaROM v3.1 now that is based on Samsung v4.3 GMJ9 firmware.
Thank you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using TapaTalk2

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
Hi! I'm new here with this xposed framework.
I'm interested in your mod.
Does it work on TouchWiz roms??
I'm with DeltaROM v3.1 now that is based on Samsung v4.3 GMJ9 firmware.
Thank you.

Does not work. Uninstalling..

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
Does not work. Uninstalling..

No..wait a minute...it seams that the unsafe volume message appears only once per boot. If I use several times my headsets during the day, the message seams not to show up. If I reboot, it shows up one time, then off.
Is this correct??

m00nman

Nov 5, 2010
Works just fine on Galaxy S4 Graviton 2.1 ROM (Android 4.3, TouchWiz). Needs Xposed framework to be installed and activated. Also requires reboot to start working (for those that don't know, if you didn't do all 3 (xposed framework, activate, reboot) it won't work!)

Last edited:

Chuke01

Oct 15, 2011
Not working in Galaxy S4 i9505 Touchwiz 4.3
Are there any other options to skip the volume warning?, I don't want/need to install big xposed modules that change so many things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unsafe Volume Xposed mod
    disable the safe media volume check

I wrote a tiny Xposed module, which disables the annoying safe media volume popup/check, present in many Jellybean devices. It works by simply setting the config_safe_media_volume_enabled system parameter to false at boot time. Because it uses the Xposed framework, it is device and rom independent :)

Installation
    1. Install the awesome Xposed framework on your rooted device.
    2. Install and activate the mod, which you can download from my Bintray site.

You can find the sources at my Github repository. This software is released under the GNU GPLv3.

Cheers!
    Although I don't have a Huawei device, there is a similar problem that the samsung galaxy family devices have with the unsafe volume pop-up. From poking around in the adb log on my samsung device, after triggering the message.

Code:
    D/PopupuiReceiver(3524):  onReceive() getAction : android.intent.action.EAR_PROTECT_TOAST
    D/STATUSBAR-NotificationService(673):  enqueueToast()

from the log I then decompiled the apk "PopuiReceiver" trying to find the string id "EAR_PROTECT_TOAST"

under the decompiled apks "public.xml" ideally look for it under the folder "values"
    Code:
    <public type="string" name="ear_protect_toast" id="0x7f050007" />

and under the decompiled apks "strings.xml"
    Code:
    <string name="ear_protect_toast">To lower your risk of hearing damage, do not listen at high volumes for long periods</string>

By being able to remove the string id "ear_protect_toast", when the function is called, the pop-up message is never triggered because there is no coding link to it (ie a dead-end).

Using the advice that stammler is mentioning, use an adb logging tool, ideally with your device connected to the computer. After that forcefully trigger the popup on device (helps to do this a handful of times so the lines of code in the adb log stands out). From the adb log, you should be able to determine what installed app (or line(s) of code) is triggering the popup message.

Hope this helps in removing the nanny message
    Joe
    Does this work on Android 4.4 Kitkat? Thx

I´ll answer myself - Why, yes it does, kind sir! :)
    Of course, my apologies. It's ro.config.hw.security_volume, takes an integer value. Was set to 11 on my device. Although I think it might be Huawei/region specific, for I found the message string in Huawei's framework-res extension APK.
    will this stop your device from also stopping the media and turning the volume half way down???

No. Technically, this mod doesn't do anything but setting the system parameter config_safe_media_volume_enabled to false, no other tweaks. It should be possible to write a mod, or extend this one, so that the system doesn't stop the current media from playing when something is plugged in to the earphone jack. Anybody knows how to do this?

But there's an App in the Play store with which you can configure the volume levels that will be set when you (un)plug a cable: Hearing Saver