[MOD] [Xposed] [V3.1] Multiwindow [No flashing] [22-01-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
Unfortunately i don't understand what you mean.
Can you be more precise what you mean?

Full screen mode whenever the Multi Window feature is launched. In other words, more screen real estate when you have 2 windows open.
Currently, as the Multi View gets launched, the status bar remains visible - no way to change that.
Thanks.

Last edited:

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
Aaah, Well i can look in to it later.
Now i need sleep ;)

Come on, I was hoping I'd be running it on full screen tonight. :crying:
...just joking body; of course, take your time, think it over. I would appreciate if you'd consider my suggestion, look into it and find a way to make it work. I'm sure it would be very well received.

All the best and...have a good night!

Last edited:

hameerabbasi

Oct 12, 2012
Messel
www.iolympiads.com
What if you disable my mod? You probably can't select firefox anymore for one...
But my application does zero about the actual multi window part of things.

It just affects loading and reordering of applications.

Hmm. This is weird. I disabled your mod, rebooted, but Firefox was still in the list. Everything custom I ever added to the list stays there. I tried moving them to the other pane to see if they would disappear, but they didn't, they just moved to the other pane.

As to the reordering, though, I can't be sure, since somehow, the mod isn't being fully disabled. But I face the same issues. I could post a logcat, if you'd like.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Last edited:

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
Hmm. This is weird. I disabled your mod, rebooted, but Firefox was still in the list. Everything custom I ever added to the list stays there. I tried moving them to the other pane to see if they would disappear, but they didn't, they just moved to the other pane.

As to the reordering, though, I can't be sure, since somehow, the mod isn't being fully disabled. But I face the same issues. I could post a logcat, if you'd like.

It seems to me that you might have a different problem there. You may have not noticed but the Multi View functionality may have been broken by something else - completely unrelated. I'd suggest making a nandroid backup and then going back progressively to a point where you may find the change that messed up the MV functionality. For an easy diagnosis, before going radical, try completely uninstalling the Xposed framework and see what happens. If you're using SuperSU make sure you're using the latest version of Xposed framework (2.1.3) and that it gets properely installed (make sure Xposed asks for SU permissions and they are fully granted). Good luck!

hameerabbasi

Oct 12, 2012
Messel
www.iolympiads.com
It seems to me that you might have a different problem there. You may have not noticed but the Multi View functionality may have been broken by something else - completely unrelated. I'd suggest making a nandroid backup and then going back progressively to a point where you may find the change that messed up the MV functionality. For an easy diagnosis, before going radical, try completely uninstalling the Xposed framework and see what happens. If you're using SuperSU make sure you're using the latest version of Xposed framework (2.1.3) and that it gets properely installed (make sure Xposed asks for SU permissions and they are fully granted). Good luck!

From what I can tell, it's broken at ROM level. Wiped all there is to wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik), signed into no accounts, installed Tweedle, and the bug was still there.

Edit: The scroll thingy, not the list.

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
From what I can tell, it's broken at ROM level. Wiped all there is to wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik), signed into no accounts, installed Tweedle, and the bug was still there.

Edit: The scroll thingy, not the list.

Not fun, but at least you found out the culprit - or narrowed it down. :victory:
Are you stock? What ROM are you using?

traumatism

Feb 3, 2010
2 issues i must raise. i am using adw launcher and widget locker. when i drag an app to use multi window with either open it makes them multi-window too. any way to block this?

Last edited:

traumatism

Feb 3, 2010
Not really what you mean

it is using my home screen and widget locker as one of the apps that can be used as multiscreen so i can open gmail and have my adw launcher home screen showing and it will put the home screen in a multiwindow. is there a way to deny certain apps the use of multiscreen.

traumatism

Feb 3, 2010
I think he means that the launcher itself goes into multiscreen, with another app being opened beside it, and he wants to deny the launcher the use of multiwindow. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Why I couldn't put it as simple as that I dont know, but yes thats what I meant. Same for widget locker too.

Thanks

|Sent from the bowels of my crypt|

KingP1n

Jan 1, 2011
Anyone know if this mod allows for the allshare cast dongle work simultaneously with multiwindow? It used to work perfectly fine before the LTE update we received in march. But now it no longer works...I can multiwindow open but as soonest I link my phone with Allshare cast, multiwindow shuts off. Using note 2 with tmobile... Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    26-03-14
    This project is no longer maintained, no further updates will occur.

07-04-2013
    Overdue images of 240DPI mod
    Also new version of DPI mod which doesn't crash when the settings file gets corrupted.

18-03-2013
    Release 240DPI mod beta (Use at own risk)
    I will post some screenshots when my phone returns (USB connector broke :crying:)
    See below for details

22-01-2013
    Hopefully resolved the issues people were having.

21-01-2013
    Probably the last version of this mod.
    Big thanks to my three donators, People like you keep developers making awesome things.

Changelog:
    The sorting issue on reboot has been fixed, Samsung made it so it would only properly work if you have all apps in alphabetical order.
    As a happy side effect my start up code seems twice as fast as samsung, reducing start up time!

Instructions
    Just download the attached APK and update the current version, and reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

02-01-2013 - 1898 downloads
    New version compatible with framework 2.0, Attached to this post. *People who update: Make sure you download and install the latest xposed framework, Before pressing "Install/Update" else you will receive incomparable message*
    Get it here - (2.0: Removed the native library replacement again, support for 4.1 and 4.2, Instagram crash fixed, ...)

15-12-12
    Initial release - 1737 downloads

*Not compatible with version message / Updating procedure*

1. Follow the link and download the xposed framework (again)
    2. Install the apk and overwrite the current installation
    3. Open the xposed installer and hit "Install / Update"
    You are now on the latest version of the xposed framework, And ready to update my mod.

Requirements

Root
    XposedFramework - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012770

Another multi window mod?

Yes! Because of the wonderful xposed framework it should work on all roms that have the normal multiwindow control.
    But wait there is more! With others mods if you try to move an app to the bar from the edit page sometimes, you're suddenly dragging a different app, but with my mod this is fixed :highfive: Now also features correct sorting on reboot and faster start up times. :cool:

How to
    • Download and install the xposed framework from the thread above (no flashing required, but does require root)
    • Download and install my attached APK
    • In the xposed installer app goto the modules pane and activate my mod
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy

How to 240 DPI

Tested on

Stock LJ1 (4.1.1)
    LJ3, thanks deltacode
    LK7 (4.1.2)
    KJ7 (4.1.2)
    N7105
    N7100XXDLL4
    And many more

Thanks to

rovo89 and pulser_g2 for their work on the xposed framework!

Donation link
    Donate
    If i don't die before tonight, I'll release a 2.0 framework compatible version.

Ugh no sleep last night (Irritation bonus modifier!), and windows didn't want to detect my phone for an hour hnnnng.
    But still got you guys the new version, good luck
    Uploaded a new version, which hopefully resolves all issues.
    I found a nice little tweak for phones with this mod on some website, but it doesn't seem to have been mentioned in this thread before.
    if you combine it with xposed app settings you can get a hybrid phone/tablet mode where Windows in split-screen mode can be undocked to turn them into floating apps like on the note 10.1.
    it's not perfect, but it does work.
    the undock icon only appears when 2 windows are open, and it doesn't seem to work on the first window you open.
    to enable this:
    set the screen(dp) option for "android system" to 1280x800 in xposed app settings but say no when you're offered to kill it.
    reboot your phone (power>restart or the reboot button in the xposed installer)
    open the multi-window launcher, and open an app fullscreen.
    drag the app you want to have floating from the multi-window launcher on to the fullscreen app.
    tap the green pin to unpin the app and make it float.

apps that are floating like this will work pretty much the same as in Windows.
    you drag them around using the bar on top.
    there's a maximize and a close button in the top-right corner.
    tapping the pin again should put the floating window back into split-screen mode.

edit: some corrections.
    once undocked the pin button stops working.
    and the float options don't seem to appear on some apps.
    perhaps an idea for an expansion of the multi-window mod would be to make floating windows more consistent and easier to enable.
    Just perfect! Thanks so much!

I just would like so much to automatically sort all apps in alphabetical order. Would this be possible to implement?

Both enabled apps and the Edit Panel...

In theory, yes. But there are also people who do not that.
    And because manual sorting also always alphabetic sorting,
    I have chosen to leave it on manual.

However there is currently an issue with this which i will look into probably tonight.

*Update on the sorting issue*

So i looked into why apps positioning changes on a reload.
    And i found the problem, Samsung has a function to restore apps on reboot (It is unchanged in my mod, so every multiwindow mod is affected by this)

It's simply wrong... It can never restore apps in the same order the way it written at the moment.
    It also waste resources doing things multiple times for no reason causing extra load times and allocates extra memory for nothing, Can't believe that they made such sloppy code.

Anyway..... Ill have to rewrite the whole function to solve the issue.
    I will try to rewrite it, but i am not sure that i will succeed.